Don't Try and Change Me When It Won't Friggin' Work, for I Am Billie Joe Armstrong!

Mikes catch-up

Mike caught a ride with an egg farmer to Vegas. He'd got up early to avoid questions from Billie's Mom. He had fallen asleep under the sun, on a ton of hay. Chickens squawked around him, this hadn't been his idea of fast transport, but he had no money. Let me explain;

5 AM

Mike tiptoed down the stairs and stepped out into the open air; the morning was bitter but was potential for a sunny day. He walked to the train station and got his money out to pay for a ticket to Vegas when suddenly out of nowhere some bastard ran passed him swiping his cash from right under his nose.
With no money and out of ideas Mike began to walk back home. On his way he grabbed a coffee with the little change he had left and sat on the back of an old truck to watch the world go by without him, bummed about missing Billie, Tre, Al and the road trip. Mike prayed for help. Suddenly to Mikes surprise the truck man walked straight up to him, "You want a lift son?"
"Yeah where you headed?"
"First stop is Las Vegas that okay with you?"
"That's great dude!" Mike replied happily and crawled to the back of the truck.
He'd been so tired from getting up early he had fallen helpless against the rocky sways of the truck and went into a deep dreamy sleep.

He was in a flashy kitchen,
"Billie do you want egg?" he asked Billie who was writing in that black notebook of his. Tre was drumming and Al was under the table eating peanut butter.
"Yeah."
"Al?"
"Yeah."
"Tre?"
"Sure do!"
"Billie what type of egg do you want?"
"Depends what the chicken that's laying it is like!" Billie replied.
"But what do you mean?"
"Well if it's a golden chicken then it's gonna lay a Golden Egg and if it's a Brown Chicken its gonna lay a Shit coloured Egg, you see!" Billie explained.
"Okay well I don't have the chicken, it's dead for dinner later and I can't remember it's colours," Mike explained.
"Okay Mike well that's cool." Billie replied.
"So what type of style do you want your egg to be in?"
"Omelette," Billie requested.
"Al?"
"I'll have scrambled.
"Tre?"
"I'll have fried," Tre replied, "Because it rhymes with fired which is what I'm gonna be soon!"
"Ah... Mike... " Billie said calmly.
"Yes Bill?"
"Your on fire!"
"What I'm not on fire!" Mike yelled.
"Yeah you are!" Billie said.
"NO IM NOT!"

"I'm not... I'm not on fire... " Mike jumped awake and he found himself in the back of the truck covered in bird shit and hay.
His face felt stingy and tight... shit he was sun burned.
"What a weird dream!" he sighed.
"Hey kid... " The truck driver yelled, "We're in Vegas where you wanna go?"
"Ah the 80 Motel on Vine Lane if that's okay with you!" Mike yelled back.
"Sure thing kid!"
Mike groaned at the birds around him, "These dammed things better not have the bird flu!" he muttered to himself at the impossible consequence.

Billie was sitting in the comfy, old, leather recliner in the lads' motel room. The clerk had said that he was lucky that that was the only room left as it was the only room that had that kind of chair in it. Billie was sitting with his black notebook out and Blue on the floor at his feet. Tre was asleep on the single bed and Al was in the shower.
Rat tat tat tat! Someone knocked on the door.
"I'm just coming," Billie called out.
"Let me the fuck in Armstrong!" a familiar voice called out. He trotted over to the door and pulled it open and standing there looking like shit (literally) was Mike Dirnt.
"Geez what the fuck happened to you?" Billie asked laughing.
"What the fuck happened, I get my money nicked so couldn't get a train like everyone else, then I have to hitch a ride with some bird farmer!"
"Hence all the bird shit!" Billie remarked with a mock smile.
"Oh fuck off!" Mike snapped.
"It's good to see you again buddy!" Billie said pulling a red faced Mike into a hug.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Owwww! Watch the face buddy!" Mike replied hugging Billie back.
Tre stirred and woke, "Who the hell is that?" he asked looking at Mike, and then squinted, "Oh it's you, what's up Dirnt?" Tre said.
"You alright, Frank?" Mike asked.
"Yeah I'm good; oh and please call me Tre!" Tre said irritably, "Billie where's the food?"
"We don't have any Tre!" Billie replied.
"Oh yeah we do," Mike said holding open his satchel. There were about twenty eggs.
"Where did you get all that?" Billie asked.
"Well the truck I was in, a strange dream taught me to plan ahead," he said with a laugh.
"Huh?" Billie wondered. "Oh I'll tell you later, first you tell me what the fuck has been happening around here!" Mike suggested sitting down.
Billie explained everything that he and Al had got up to before the Titty Club and even Tre was surprised. Suddenly Al emerged from the bathroom fully clothed in clean jeans and T.
"Oh hey Mike," Al said jogging over to the bassist.
"Hello, Sobrante," Mike replied hugging his friend.
"Mike brought eggs!" Tre announced and Al laughed, "Didn't happen to bring a Quarter Pounder Cheese Burger with that did you?" Al laughed.
"No sorry," Mike said, "I had all my money nicked at the train station," Mike told them. When Al and Billie demanded to know what happened, he told them and Billie looked at Al.
"Don't worry Mike my boy, we're loaded," Billie informed Mike who was shocked to hear this, "How much?"
"Tre got us ten thousand, and me and Al got five thousand doing the underwear job!"
"And... .edible underwear!" Al added proudly.
Mike couldn't stop laughing.
"Oh and drugs!" Tre said excitedly and Mike laughed even more.
"Dudes I hate to break the heavenly dream of happy motel doom and gloom here but if we have all that money what are we still doing here?" Mike asked.
"Your right Mike what ARE we still doing here?" Billie said.
"Awwww, please let's go to the Ritz?" Tre asked.
"No we should go to the casinos!" Al demanded.
"Hey I have a better idea... .." Mike said. They all looked at him expectantly... "Let's do both!" They all cheered and dressed in their best. They paid the clerk fifty dollars if he's do their dirty laundry including Mike's. Mike showered before they all set off. Billie stopped at a pharmacist and got Mike some Aloe Vera sun cooling cream which Mike was really thankful for.
Thirty minutes into town and they parked up at the Ritz. There was a casino right next door, "Hey there's a wedding chapel we should take funny pictures there!"
"Yeah that'll be fun, hey we should make a scrap book of our travels!" Mike suggested.
"Yeah I took some pictures of Billie in that warehouse!" Al announced holding up his disposable.
"Don't ask me how he found the time, probably because I was doing all the looking!" Billie replied.
"Hey I have an idea let's take pictures of all the money we've got and then later on take pictures of us smoking the Columbia speciality!" Tre said laughing.
"Fucking genius!" Billie said and they all went to buy a digital camera and a hundred disposables.
They all went back to the Ritz for food after putting the disposables into the van. Billie insisted that they carry the digital around after, they'd bought about five memory cards and decided that when the road trip was over they were gonna sell the camera again along with the memory cards.
"Are you gentlemen ready to order?" Asked the, snappy dressed, waiter.
"Okay guys order whatever the hell you like," Billie said, "Tre has plenty of money what's his is ours!" Billie added.
"Hey!" Tre scowled but agreed anyway.
"I'll have the melon delight to start, lobster, and then a chocolate gateau" Mike asked, "Please!" he added almost forgetting his manners.
"I'll have a cheese platter, Rogan Josh then a ice-cream sundae, please!" Asked Al.
"Can I have the Garlic bread to start with please, and then the Smokie for main then I'll have a... .hmmm... Pavlova for dessert." Billie ordered.
Tre was last and longest, "May I please have..>" he began in a posh accent, "The vegetable and soup and roman salad to start, the mixed grill and a Banoffee Pie and Chocolate ice cream sundae to finish please my good sir!" he smiled up at the waiter. "Oh and may we have a bottle of champagne, please... thank-you!" Tre said handing the waiter his menu.
All three looked at him, "What?" Tre said in his normal voice.
"What the hell was that?" Billie asked.
"Eh... look around Billie, we are in the Ritz we have to walk the walk and talk the talk!"
"Ha whatever Tre, is this table gonna be big enough for all that shit we just ordered?" Al asked.
"I hope so or we're gonna have a big problem!" Mike replied.
"Hey Bill take a picture of me," Tre said posing with the bunch of grapes in the middle of the table. Tre had them on his head blowing a kiss, his tongue sticking out, a side view picture of him eating the entire bunch, then him standing with them over his crotch, on hand behind his sideways head, like the naked people who pose for painters at art colleges in New York. Then Tre had a brilliant idea, "Hey! Table football!" He announced
He cleared all the spoons and napkins out of the way then set the sauce and peppers as goal posts. "Move around Al, Drummers against guitarists!" he said. They all played about laughing hysterically and attracting attention from all the snobby posh shites around them. Billie snapped a few shots of Tre and Al pulling determined and cheerful expressions when they either scored or sent a grape flying off the table.
Tre took the camera and took some snaps of Billie and Mike. Just then the waiter came along with the chilled champagne, "Here you are Sir!" He said.
"Oh thanks dude," Tre said completely forgetting about his posh voice, "Hey dude do me a favour and take some pictures of us four wudcha?"
"Of course sir," the waiter replied a little take aback by what he was asked to do, but he took the camera and started snapping away as they pulled faces.
"Hey hold on a second!" The waiter gasped completely losing his posh appearance just as Tre had done; it was as though he had a split persona.
"You're Green Day, you three, and you're that drummer kid from The Lookouts! Wow my cousin lives in Oakland and loves you guys!"
"Oh cool dude, yeah we're on a road trip," Billie announced.
"Hey you guys want to join karaoke tonight in the lounge, we're looking for an opening act and our other band dropped out last minute!" the waiter asked eagerly.
The all looked from one another, "Don't mind me I ain't in this band!" Tre said.
"Yeah we will!" Billie announced, "As long as we get cash!"
"Sure buddy just let me go tell my boss; oh this will be great I love you guys!"
"Well that was sudden, what about the casino Bill?" Tre asked.
"Well we have all night, we can put the money we make toward the band right?"
The other two agreed and they planned what to play while waiting for the grub.
The food came and half of it was left over they were that stuffed, they all adjourned to the lounge to begin the show.
They decided they'd play 'I Was There' which kind of suited their life situation at present. They were all pretty tipsy after the champagne. The waiters had set up their own instruments for them after Billie gave them the keys to his van.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I want you to meet a band called Green Day from Oakland, California!" Billie announced over the mic feeling quite nervous.
A few people cheered and some muttered something.
"Look at him he's so short!" Billie heard someone say, Billie frowned, Mike had heard to and gave Billie a thumb's up!"
"Are you guys ready?" Billie creamed into the microphone and a few people jeered.
"That's the loser on Club Starkers Strip Joint!" Someone else said.
"Booo!" someone yelled.
Billie looked worriedly at Mike, it was happening again people running him down because they didn't like who he was... just like his mom.
He started playing Then Mike joined in with bass as did Al with drums;

"Looking back upon my life,
And the places that I've been,
Pictures, faces, girls I've loved,
I try to remember when faded memories on the wall,
Some names I have forgotten,
But each one is a memory,
I look back on so often.

People started to tap their feet along with Al's beat and bob their heads
Mike joined in with the chorus;

I look into the past
I want to make it last
I was there,
I was there,

People were jumping up and down and Billie began to get more and more confident;

I look into the past
I want to make it last
I was there,
I was there,
Looking back what I've done,
There's lot's more life to live,
A question that I can give,
But I won't let it get me down,
Or cause me too much sorrow,
There's no doubt about who I am
I always have tomorrow
I look into the past
And I want to make it last
I was there,
I was there,
I look into the past
And I want to make it last
I was there,
I was there,
Looking back upon my life,
Faded memories on the wall,
Looking now at who I am,
I don't let it get me dowwwwwn!"

Hey finished his song and every one cheered, Billie, Mike and Al where laughing at some kids jumping side of stage like they were in an imaginary mosh-pitt.
Tre had been taking pictures of them play and of the kids and audience.
"It says here that a girl called Leanne is coming up to sing My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion, ha, ha, good luck with that," Billie announced and every one laughed including Leanne who walked up.
As they reloaded the van, the same waiter approached them, "Dude's that was great, here you go!" He said handing them a wad of bills. Mike took it and counted, "Five hundred?"
"That's right, that not enough?" The waiter asked.
"No that's great we only expected eighty or so!" Billie cried.
"Here dude come to the casino with us!" Al suggested to the waiter.
"Can't working but here's my number, I'm Jason, I play guitar too!"
"Thanks Jason, we'll be in touch!" Billie said, and then they walked together to the casino.
"We should send him a postcard!" Mike suggested, "Yeah cool idea!"
Inside the casino Tre took pictures of them all gambling. Mike had remembered to bring his fake ID which was good.
Billie was on a winning streak at the ten cent machine. He'd one five dollars even though he'd put in a tenner.
The guard laughed, "You enjoying that?"
"Yeah Dude great casino," Billie said.
The guard laughed, "Yeah just a pity about the owners though," he added with a chuckle.
Billie looked up for a second, "Why?" he asked then returned to his winning streak machine.
"The Seven Sisters, they're called, emphasis on the sister bit, cus they're all really men, except one I think... I'm not sure though hard to tell when they were all once brothers," the guard laughed again.
Billie froze and looked up with a weird relaxed but shock filled face, "Your kidding me... this is their casino?"
"Yeah why what's up you look spooked!" The guard chuckled.
"Nothing... HOLY SHIT!" Billie screamed.
"Al, Mike... where the hell is Tre!" Billie yelled running up to Mike and Al, who were involved in a black jack game, Billie searched franticly for Tre.
"What?" Al snapped around
"What's up?" Mike asked.
"This place is owned by seven... six Trannies who want our blood... if you exclude George!" Billie whispered to Mike and Al.
"Oh crap... ." Al said timidly as though he'd actually just crapped himself.
"Billie?" A familiar female voice said behind him.
He turned and was faced with George, "What are you doing here?"
"Playing games," Billie said innocently, Gawd she was beautiful!
"Well you're brave," She announced.
"We're just leaving!" Billie said and dragged Mike and Al with him.
"I wish I could stay and kiss you but I really have to go!" Billie said and walked on leaving Georgiana stunned. He stopped and walked back pulling her into a deep passionate kiss then he pulled away and walked on again.
"Just keep walking Bill," He told himself.
Tre was in a game of poker and much to his dismay it wasn't strip poker because a fan club of gorgeous posh women were playing too.
Tre saw Billie coming, "Oh hey Bill, hey look I'm winning!"
Tre had a stash of jewellery and money etc in front of him.
"Guess who own this club!"
"Mick Jagger?"
"No!"
"Ah... Marilyn Monroe?"
"No... " Billie replied making a strange face.
"Ah... that wanker President Bush?"
"NO! Six trannies and one incredibly beautiful singer!" Billie said exasperated.
"Oh dear! Thanks ladies but I gotta run!" Tre said to his opponents.
They all split just as the sister found out they were there... Georgiana watching Billie go sadly.