I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 1

-Mel's Point of View-

"You're such a worthless, pathetic little bitch! I don't see why anyone would want or even care about you. Nobody will ever love you." my mom's fiance Nick sneered as he beat me for the millionth time. I screamed and whimpered a little in pain as tears fell from my eyes.

Screaming was completely useless. Nobody would hear me anyway. My mom was too busy with her job to know anything about what was going on at home, and my "angel" of a sister Lily was most likely looking for new guys to sleep with, seeing as how that's pretty much the only thing she's been doing since we moved here from Salem a few days ago.

I winced as I moved quickly to get up off the floor and ran towards the door. He started moving towards me, but then ended up passing out. I opened the door and ran out of the house and down the street as fast as I could, not knowing where I was going. I didn't even care. I just didn't wanna be near that monster that my mom planned on marrying.

-Zacky's Point of View-

"So Zacky, What are the new neighbors like?" Matt asked.

"I don't know I haven't seen any of them yet but I have been hearing a lot of yelling from that house." I said reffering to my new next door neighbors. I hadn't met any of them but there was a lot of yelling coming from them over the past couple days that they had been here.

"Do you know if they have any daughters? Or if any of them are hot?" Johnny asked. I chuckled into the phone as I walked outside.

"Johnny, if I haven't met any of them how do you expect me to know any of that?"

"I don't know." he said. Just then I heard a door slam and I looked up and saw a girl, who I assumed was one of my new neighbors running. somewhere. I didn't get a good look at her because she ran so fast and she was looking down.

"Um..guys I'll call you back later." I said before hanging up. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I decided to go after her.

-Mel's Point of View-

I clutched my side as I continued to run. I started running through an abandoned parking lot just behind a building that seemed to have been deserted for years. Nick's words were playing over and over in my head like a broken record. Ever since I was 10 he's made my life a living hell. He even threatened to kill me if I was to tell anyone what he was is doing to me. Maybe if my dad were still alive, I wouldn't be going through this hell. As soon as that thought crossed my mind, I tripped over something and fell as more tears fell from my eyes. I didn't even bother getting back up. I just brought my knees up to my chest and cried. Not even a few moment later, I heard footsteps and felt someone next to me.

"Are you okay?" I heard a boy ask. I turned my head as I looked up and over at him as tears continued to fall. He looked around my age (17), snakebites, a septum ring, black hair with bangs that covered his right eye, and the most gorgeous green eyes I think I've ever seen in my life. I was a little nervous because for all I know he could rape me or something. But then again, if he was gonna rape me, he would've done something or tried to already...right?.

"D-Does it look like I'm okay?" I said back sounding a little more harsh than I meant to. "S-Sorry...I just-"

"It's okay. I know that was a stupid question." He said and looked down at the ground as he sat next to me.

"Who are you a-and why are you here?" I asked as the green-eyed boy looked at me and smiled a little.

"I'm Zacky and I saw you run out of your house so I guess I just kind of followed you here, I know that-" I cut him off.

"W-What do you mean? Why did you follow me?"

"I wanted to see if you were alright." he said. I wasn't sure whether to believe him or not.

"But you don't even know me..." I said "I just moved here and I don't know anyone so I just kind of ran I guess." I shrugged.

"So you're my new neighbor. I was starting to think that I had an old married couple next door." he chuckled. I laughed weakly. If only he knew what really happens. "Don't I at least get to know your name?"

"It's Melissa...but you can call me Mel." I said. Just then it started raining. He got up off the ground and looked at me.

"Aren't you gonna get up or are you just gonna stay out here all night?" he asked making a small smile appear on my face.

"I would get up, but I kind of fell and hurt my ankle." I answered. He pulled me up and winced a little as I tried putting weight on my foot. It still hurt pretty bad. He then wrapped my left arm around his neck and wrapped his right arm around my waist causing me to hiss in pain. He looked at me with concern in his jade eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I breathed out. I expected him to let it go like everyone else did because nobody else really cared. He just shook his head and moved a hand to the hem of my shirt.

"Let me see." he said. I shook my head.

"I just met you." I giggled a little.

"I didn't mean like that, just let me see so I can make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine."

"Then why did you flinch when I touched your side?" he asked lifting my shirt up a little to look at my side. I looked as well and saw that it was bruised and scratched up. He gasped and looked at me.

"I fell....it's no big deal..." I mumbled.

"No big deal my ass. Come on, we need to go get this looked at." he said. I shook my head.

"I'll be fine Zacky." I said. Maybe he actually does care...

"Do you wanna go back home?" he asked.

"No!" I said that a little too quickly and mentally cursed myself when he looked at me with a confused expression. "I-I mean you are my first f-friend here and I need someone to hang out with besides my whore of a sister." He chuckled a little and nodded in understanding.

"Well...do you wanna go to my house?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Sure." What am I getting myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Jess, if you're reading this, is one of the first stories I wrote on quizilla so I just felt like posting it up here. Don't kill me *hides* lol xD

Anyways like I said, this is one of the first stories I wrote when I was on quizilla and one of the first stories I ever wrote. Some of it was changed or made longer but not by much.
comments are definitely welcome. Comment even if you hate it for all i care