I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 22

“Mel, are you sure you wanna do this?”

“I’m positive Dad, if I ever need help I’ll call okay?” I smiled at him slightly as he pulled me into a hug. It had been a couple weeks since everything happened and I was leaving with Frank, Gerard, Mikey, and Lynda to go to New Jersey. I made my decision after talking to Frank a little more about it. I thought about telling Zacky, but after everything that has happened, and with him wanting to be in a famous band, I wasn’t about to hold him back. Especially if that meant knowing he could possibly cheat on me again. I looked at my brother and smiled at him before moving to hug him.

“I’m gonna miss you sis,” he said and I giggled a little.

"I'm gonna miss you too bro." I replied. He kneeled down and looked at my stomach.

“You be nice to your mommy okay?” I laughed more as I watched him talk to my stomach. He’s gonna be an awesome uncle and maybe even an amazing dad one day. I moved away from him as I looked at Kitty.

“Promise you’ll still call and keep in touch okay?” I bit my lip a little as I nodded and moved to hug her.

“You know, you can come visit me.” I replied.

“But it won’t be the same.” She said. I sighed, knowing that she was right. I looked over at Frank and Lynda.

‘You ready to go?” Frank asked. I nodded as I started to leave. As I was leaving, I saw Zacky. Why now? Couldn’t he have waited until I was gone to show up?

“Where are you going?” he asked as he saw the bags.

“I-I’m leaving.” I said as I started blinking back tears.

“Mel you don’t have to-“

“I don’t have to what? I don’t have to leave because you still care about me?”

“Mel, whatever you think I did, I swear, I never-“

“You never meant to hurt me? Yeah, I’ve heard that before…” I started to walk away.

“I mean it Mel. I love-"

"Save it Zacky, I'm leaving. There is nothing you can do. I-I really wish there was but you can't. Not now..." I looked away from him and looked over at Frank. "I need to go."

"No Mel-"

"Goodbye Zacky."

"Wait, before you go, I have this...." he gave me a note. I just looked at him before shoving it in my bag and walking away . Frank looked at me sympathetically as he let me into the car.

As we drove away, I let the tears fall. Saying goodbye to Zacky had to be one of the hardest things I had to do, but I knew I had to do it.

I had to move on with my own life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is the end of I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise) however, I am working on a sequel. Thanks to those of you who have read this and commented and subscribed :)
Please comment and subscribe to the sequel.

<3
~Mel