Mind Over You're the Only Thing That Matters.

cause a scene;

Sleep had come all too easy for me, so awaking to remember that I had an unannounced house guest was quite a shock to my half-conscious brain and I got out of bed quickly, searching the ground for something clean to chuck on. The brush flew through my hair and a beanie was chucked over top to hide the mess. I padded quietly to the kitchen to see the boy still passed out on my couch, drool leaving a slick trail down the side of his left check.

His heavy breathing filled the kitchen as I rummaged around for pain meds that was obvious he would need when he woke up from his near-coma. As strange as it was, I was almost grateful for the feel of someone else here with me. My parents had left on a two year trip to Venice so they couldn’t exactly visit and my best friend had recently moved to Los Angles to start her new life with her fiancé.

As I mused, I filled a glass with water and set it next to the two white tablets, before pulling out ingredients for a bacon sandwich. I hoped the kid wasn’t one of those crazy vegetarians that would freak at the mere smell of meat. A sudden mumble came to my attention, and the kid slowly rose from his sleep, hair a mess and eyes darting all around the room as he tried to search for a memory of his surroundings and why he was there.

“OW! MY FUCKING HEAD!” He screamed, not doing himself any favors as he held his head in his hands, trying to rub the pain from his temples without any luck.

I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle, it was like he was right out of a sitcom. His dark eyes darted to my face and his mouth hung open in surprise. He sprung to his feet, looking from the couch, to me, to the couch and back again.

“Whoa... did we...?” He looked at me with his eyebrow cocked and I looked at him in horror.

“Oh God, no! No, no, no! I found you half passed out on my front steps, and you had no idea who you were, so after you delivered a delightful present to my pavement, I offered for you to stay the night. I just thought... it would be dangerous for you to be roaming around in the mind set you were in,” I quickly explained, focusing on the bacon that was sizzling and popping in the bottom of the pan, rather than look at the kid who was boring holes through me at that present moment.

“Oh...” The kid went very quiet. “Well, do you want to sleep with me?”

I began to choke on the bread crust I had popped in my mouth previously, and looked up at him with shocked eyes, not knowing how to reply to that. “Excuse me?”

“I, uh, I thought maybe as a thank you for looking after m- You know what? Forget I said anything. But thank you, for you know, looking after me in my least finest hour.” The kid smiled, showing no embarrassment from his previous question, and I realized I was dealing with an over-confident headache.

“It’s not a problem,” I said with a smile, before pointing at the pills and water on the counter. “Those are for you, I thought they would ease the pain. Are you hungry?”

“Oh, you are becoming more of a goddess with every passing second!” The kid said, racing for the pills and downing them quickly, before looking over at the frying pan. “What are we eating this morning?”

His smile was one of those that stole the spotlight, and could outshine a starlit sky, it was nice.

“Bacon sandwiches, would you like one or two?” I offered, throwing two more strips of bacon into the pan.

“Mmm, it smells so good. Two, if it isn’t too much hassle,” he replied with a polite smile.

I nodded, returning the smile before opening my mouth again. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t quite got your name yet?”

“Oh! I’m Jack, Jack Barakat!” He said, extending a hand to which I took with an amused smile.

“Jack Barakitty, it’s nice to meet you.”

“...Barakitty?” Both Jack’s eyebrows shot up toward his hairline with both confusion and shock.

“Did you know you talk in your sleep?” It was hard to hold in my laughter as I buttered up a piece of toast, Jack coughing awkwardly.

“Alright, alright, have your little laughs!” He finally came up with, making me laugh harder.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry,” I mumbled, still breathing heavily from my giggles. “May I ask what exactly you were doing last night that got you so shit-faced?”

Jack laughed, rubbing his temples as he took another sip of his water. “Well, I may or may not have been celebrating my eighteenth birthday. Ahem, illegally.”

“I can see that! Wait, you’re eighteen?”

Jack pulled up his hoodie sleeve to glance at his watch. “Yeah, since twelve oh five yesterday afternoon.” He finished with an accomplished smile. “Why?”

“You look much younger than that, I was afraid to get pulled up for pedophilia,” I mumbled, earning a chuckle from Jack as I created his sandwiches. Passing them over, his eyes lit up and he wasted no time in devouring them as noisily and messily as he could.

This would definitely be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, this is actually half an update, because the actual update was far too long! I'll probably put it up later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon. (:
Basically, this is the boring chapter when they get to know each other, blah blah. I promise it will pick up soon, and we will get to meet the rest of the dudes.
Thank you so much for all your kind comments! You are all so lovely! (: