I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 17

“Welcome brother, guest. My name’s Melanie” the girl said as she hugged her brother shortly and smiled at me.
“Melly this is Selene… she’s your future sister-in-law” Nate said smiling.
“You’re Lucian’s sister?” Melanie asked smiling.
“Yeah… Nice to meet you Melanie” I said offering my hand to her.
She smiled and took my hand for a handshake.
“Well ladies I better be off. See you tonight at the Ball” Nate said as he waved and ran off.

“So… let’s get you ready!” Melanie said as she led me to a room.
4 other girls were there getting ready.
“Girls this is Selene. She’s Lucian’s sister and my soon to be family. She’s going to get ready with us for tonight” Melanie said.
“Sure thing Mel” one girl with long pitch black hair and bright green eyes said.
“Hello” I said smiling at all of them.
“I’m Emerald” the green eyed girl said smiling.
“I’m Ruby” a skinny girl with blonde hair and red eyes said.
“I’m Saph… It’s short for Sapphire” a girl with ocean blue eyes and brown hair said.
“And I’m Pearl” a girl with black and white hair said. Her eyes were a clear grey… almost white.

I looked at all of them surprised. Emerald caught on and laughed.
“We’re all sisters. Blame our parents for the weird names… The hair is probably something you need to blame the hairdresser for though” Emerald said.
“Hey that only counts for Pearl! My hair is blonde since day 1!” Ruby whined.
“Now you get who’s the blonde in our little group right?” Saph asked laughing.
I laughed at that too and smiled apologetically at Ruby who grinned.
“Let’s pick out what to wear!!!” Ruby said enthusiastically.
I then realized that somehow Melanie had disappeared but I soon remembered she was the Alpha and she had a lot of stuff to do.
The girls all stood up except Emerald and me.
They all headed to the closet and each appeared with 10 dresses in their hands.
I stared at them shocked as each of them tried on dress after dress.
Finally, after 4 hours all five of us had decided what to wear.

Emerald chose a beautiful green dress that complimented her figure. Ruby chose a short red dress, Sapphire a black and blue dress while Pearl chose a short black and white corset dress... I decided on a short purple dress. I knew it wasn't fancy... but I was aiming for nice and simple. I didn't feel like getting dolled up in the first place...

My hair was straightened and let down. Pearl’s were half up-half down, Ruby’s and Emerald’s were curled and Saph decided to put them all up. Our make up was done beforehand…

Just as we were all done there was a knock on the door.
“Ladies, it’s time to go” Nate said.
His mouth dropped when he saw me.
“Woah… Selene you look… dashing” Nate stuttered.
“Thanks Nate” I said chuckling at the way he stared.

The rest of the girls laughed and headed outside. We all got in a limo and we were off.
“Where are we off to? And where’s Melanie?” I asked.
“Melanie’s going to come with Lucian… they’re going to make a big entrance” Pearl said.
“Entrance?” I asked.
“Obviously, I mean, every loyal family is going to be there!!!” Emerald explained.
There as in where?” I asked annoyed.
Why wasn’t anybody telling me?
The girls kept quiet and I turned to Nate.
“Uh... Selene…” Nate started.
“She’s going to find out anyway. She’s not stupid, Nate” Ruby cut him off.
“Well, we’re going to the Vampire Prince’s Engagement Ball…” Nate mumbled.

But I had heard him… my heart practically stopped at that.
I couldn’t believe my ears! So I was going to stand aside and watch him get engaged to some other girl?
Great… just great.
My heart broke at that thought… So he forgot me… as it seems.

Tears fell from my eyes but nobody seemed to want to console me. They left me in my sorrow... and I was grateful for that…
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you guys think!
comment, rate, subscribe?

~Ria~