I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 3

“By the way… I’ll let you hear my thoughts while I’ll be in my wolf form from now on” I whispered to her as a maid bowed to Amy.
She smiled and nodded as we reached two golden double-doors.
“Ready?” she asked.
I nodded and two servants opened the doors for us.

We walked inside gracefully and all the chattering stopped. Everyone’s eyes were on us… well not “us”… just me.
I immediately looked ahead towards the King who was smirking at me.
I looked around and saw many vampires there with their pets. Elves, fairies, lycans…
I then turned my attention towards the vampires. They were all wearing stunning clothes and all of them had an air around them.
Then Amy pulled me towards three boys.
I stared at them. All three were gorgeous…
“Felix!” Amy said as she threw her arms around one of them. He smiled down at her and gave her a peck on the lips.
“Looking beautiful as always” he said to her.
She giggled and blushed.
“Well… this is my best friend Destiny from the States. These are Felix James Scott, Lucas Harwood, and my brother Alexander William Montgomery” she said to me as she pointed to each of them.
I smiled at each of them and I remembered to curtsy when I looked at Alexander.

All three of them smiled at me and that’s when I saw a grey female lycan next to Lucas.

Why are you in human form?

Please don’t tell anyone… you’ll find out later tonight

Alright then

I sighed with relief and that’s when a slow dance came on.
Amy giggled as Felix led her towards the dancing floor.
Lucas smiled down at the lycan and they both walked back to their table.
I stood there nervously as Alexander looked up at me.
“Care to dance?” he asked me with a small smirk.
I nodded and he took my hand and led me to the dance floor.
I put my hands on his chest and he put his hands around my waist.
We danced to the rhythm slowly without talking until…

“So Destiny… Do you like it here?” he asked as he dipped me.
“It’s a great place, Prince” I said looking at him.
I remembered not to make eye contact for long because that would blow off my cover. He would understand that I was a lycan and that wouldn’t be good.
“Please, call me Alex… no need for formalities” he said chuckling.
I nodded and kept quiet for the rest of the song.
The song soon ended and we walked back towards Lucas.
“Hey Luke… why aren’t you dancing?” Alex asked Lucas.
“I can’t” he said motioning towards the lycan sitting next to him.
“It’s a shame man… it’s a beautiful night” Alex said.
“Why don’t you two go to the balcony? I bet Destiny hasn’t seen the view from up there” Lucas said smiling.

Don’t go

Why not?

The moon… it’s almost full moon

The thing with full moon… if the person next to you doesn’t know you are a lycan you’re in big trouble. Whenever a lycan gazes up at the moon their eyes turn vibrant… and they can’t change it. So, if I actually did go outside… Alex would know… and I’d be dead.

“Shall we then?” Alex asked taking my hand.
“I’m sorry but I can’t… I have to leave in about… well now” I said apologetically as I looked at the clock. Bingo... It read 11:58.
“Why?” he asked pouting slightly.
“I’m sorry… I have to go” I said as I pulled my hand away from his. I signaled for Amy who appeared next to me within seconds.
“Amelia, I’m sorry but I have to leave… uh… I have to… you know” I said to her.
“Oh! Alright Destiny! I’ll take you to the door” she said.
I waved at Felix, Lucas and Alex and rushed out of the room with Amy in front of me.
She pointed towards the kitchens and I quickly ran there. Before going in, I snapped my fingers making the dress reappear in Amy’s closet, and then I changed back to my wolf form as a maid came into view. She showed me a box. I got in and sighed.
I heard paper around me and I knew that I looked like a huge present.
After a short while I was picked up and taken to the Ballroom.
I could hear people talking around me but just as I was put down, everyone stopped talking.
“Welcome everyone! I hope you’re having a good time! But it’s time for Prince Alexander to open his present!” the King said.
Clapping could be heard and I perked my ears only to hear Alex’s footsteps coming closer.
“Happy birthday son. This is a present from me” the King said.
“Thank you father” Alex said politely.
Then I could hear paper being ripped and then… he opened the box.
I walked out and stopped in front of him.
He stared at me in surprise but then his face went blank.
“She is yours, son” the King said beaming.
Alex merely nodded and motioned for me to follow him.
I followed him as he walked over towards Lucas.
The female lycan stood up and circled me.

You are that girl, Destiny. Right?

Yes… but my name’s Selene.

I’m Belle. I hope we can become friends…

Sure

I nodded at her and then looked up at Lucas. He was examining me...
“She’s great… small and furry for a lycan but look at those canines… those claws” Lucas said as he observed me.
I looked up at him surprised. How did he know so many things?

“So, what’s her name?” Luke asked as he bent down closer towards me.

Luke is great… he won’t hurt you

Thanks for letting me know

“I don’t give a damn about her or her name” Alex muttered angrily…

What?!

He is pissed because “Destiny” left him… that’s not a good thing… Alex being angry is definitely not a good thing!

I growled at him but Luke sighed, making me stop to look at him.
“What’s your name then?” Luke asked me.
I blocked Alex out of my head just to annoy him. Two can play that game… and he shouldn’t have messed with me.

My name’s Selene… just don’t tell Mr. Ass yet...

“That’s a beautiful name! And I think I already like you…” Luke said as he winked and laughed.
I couldn’t help but laugh as well but since I was calm my guard was down and Alex heard me laughing.

“What did she tell you? And why is she laughing?” Alex asked trying to hide his interest.
“Why don’t you ask her?” Luke asked back smirking.
“Whatever. I don’t care” Alex said angrily as he got up and left.
I looked up at Lucas expectantly and he laughed.
“You have to learn many things about him” he said shaking his head.
I nodded absentmindedly and looked around.
About an hour later I was bored out of my mind. I had stayed next to Belle for the entire time and I was dying of boredom.

I want adventure. This is boring…

It’s a Ball… what’d you expect?

I don’t know… something more interesting definitely.

Well there’s loads of eye candy here. Think of it like a show or something…

But they are vampires! They are meant to be hot… it’s in their bloody nature…

Well isn’t Alex hot? Felix?

Well Felix is good but he’s Amy’s. They look good together… and Alex? No. He’s a jerk… and now that I think of it… he’s nowhere in sight.

Probably running away from those fan girls he has.

That’s funny… who would actually like him?!

I don’t know… you might in the future.

Yeah when hell freezes over… twice

“You two have left me out of the conversation… its unfair” Lucas said suddenly.
Belle and I looked at each other and then looked back at him.
“Well change back to your human forms and talk to me… I’m bored” Lucas said pouting slightly.

I can’t. Only when Alex says so, I can. And… I’d rather not do so right now…

I know what you mean…

You go ahead though.

Ok…

Smoke surrounded Belle and when the smoke disappeared Lucas grinned at her.
She was absolutely gorgeous.

She too was wearing a leather outfit but hers had a different design… since I was the princess mine was a little different from the rest…

“What about you, Selene?” Lucas asked looking at me expectantly.
“She doesn’t have Alex’s permission” Belle said looking down at me sadly.
Lucas sighed and Belle shrugged her shoulders knowing that there was nothing they could do.
I looked at them and smiled to myself. It was so obvious Lucas adored her… the way he looked at her and the way he blushed gave it all away… but she was oblivious to the fact.
Suddenly he looked over to the center of the room where the couples were dancing and sighed. I knew he wanted to dance with her. I trusted him enough so I let him hear my thoughts as I talked to Belle.

I, of course, hinted to her that they could both hear me now so she wouldn’t let anything slip.

Hey you two. Go dance. I don’t mind…

“Are you sure? I mean… leaving you here, alone?” Belle asked looking down at me.

Yes go. Luke, do take her away before I resort to force…

Luke laughed and stood up. She smiled and took his hand as he led her to the dance floor.

“Oh look! It’s the mutt” I heard a voice from behind me.
I snapped my head to the person and glowered. Two girls were behind me and they were both glaring daggers at me.
“What are you looking at, mutt?” one of them asked me.
I growled at her threateningly but she didn’t seem to get the hint. I was beginning to lose my patience.
“Stay away from the Prince. He’s nothing a mutt like you could EVER wish for” the other one said still glaring daggers at me.
I stood up threateningly and took a step towards them all the while baring my fangs at them.
“Get away from me you filth” the one who had spoken first spat at me.

That was it… I lost it. I snapped my jaws at her and ripped her dress. My claws were all around her. Deep scars were on her shoulders now as she screamed for help.
I tore her dress apart and I was still angry beyond reason. Just as I was about to throw myself at the other one, I was held back by a strong hand. The hand pulled me away from the back of my neck as I growled at the girls menacingly.

I tried biting the person to let go but they had a firm grip. I gave up trying when I realized it was Alex. He was furious with me. I could sense his anger… but I couldn’t care less at the moment.
I calmed myself down just as we reached a door upstairs. He almost broke the door down as he opened it. He threw me inside a cage and I growled at him.
“Get used to it. It’ll be your new home for a while” Alex said to me angrily.
I decided that I could somehow break the door by using my body. I ran to the door but I immediately regretted it. This cage, unlike the other cages I’ve been kept in, was made of silver and touching it wasn’t a smart idea.
I growled at him and bared my pearly teeth at him as he looked at me.
“Oh how forgetful of me. I didn’t tell you it was made of silver, did I?” he asked sarcastically.
I growled as he glared at me.
“You ruined the entire ball! Those two were highly respected Ladies!” he said still fuming.
I chose to ignore him. The cage was already getting on my nerves. I hated it when something so dear to me was being taken away… and that right now was freedom.

“I have to go downstairs to clean up the mess you’ve created. Behave while I’m gone” he said, well more like demanded, as he stormed out of the room.

I groaned and looked around the room. I realized I was in his room. As I looked around I cursed loudly when I saw the queen sized bed. I looked at the cage and glared at it. It was too small. I couldn’t change back to my human form because there wasn’t enough room. I sighed as I lay down on the cold floor. I dozed off still hearing music from downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
MistyStar1 & desi42900 !!! thanks a lot for commenting guys =)
this extra long chapter is for you!
the rest... please tell me what you think! it only takes 2 minutes....!

~Ria~