I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 4

The next morning I opened my eyes only to find Alex sitting on the windowsill. He looked so peaceful. He didn’t know I had awoken so I stayed quiet wondering if he was going to do anything soon but I doubted it. He seemed to be deep in thought.
After a while he sighed and stood up. He looked over at me and when he saw I was awake; he glared at me and walked over to the bathroom.
I just looked back at him with a blank expression. I heard the water running and I sighed.

I couldn’t understand him one bit! Why was he acting so strange? I mean sure… I left him standing there last night but I didn’t know it would matter this much! Belle must have been wrong… he isn’t like this because I left him last night… and it’s not the fact that I lost control either… something else is bothering him and I intend to find out.

The door to the bathroom opened and he walked in only wearing a towel around his waist. His hair was wet and I had to admit… he didn’t look half bad.
I smirked as I decided to tease him a little.

I whined loudly and put my paw over my eyes so I wouldn’t see him. I heard him chuckle but just as I lifted my head to look at him, that smirk was again on his face.
“And I’m supposed to believe you don’t like what you see?” he asked cockily.
I looked at him and burst out laughing. He glared at me but his glare faltered as he laid eyes on me.
I decided to let him hear my thoughts for a while.

Oh please. You’re not even good looking…

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me surprised. But soon he smirked and leaned on the bathroom door.

I have a body to die for and we both know it.

You wish, Prince Charming…

He shrugged his shoulders still smirking as he went towards the closet. He came out minutes later wearing jeans and a dark blue T-shirt.

“I’m going to go get something to eat” he said smirking.
I growled at him loudly and he spun around.
“I suppose you want to come as well?” he asked still smirking.

Quit it, Princey. I want to eat just as much as you do.

He smirked at me and shook his head ‘no’. I growled at him loudly and he just looked at me.
“I don’t trust you enough to let you out. You might attack someone again… or you might try and escape” he said to me folding his hands on his chest.

I can’t escape. I promised I wouldn’t. And if it wasn’t for this bloody cage I wouldn’t have even thought about it!

He raised an eyebrow at my response and smirked.
“We’ll have a deal. I’ll let you out but you will stay at my side at all times” he said as he walked over to the cage.

I’ll accept only if you promise to never put me back in here.

He pondered over my idea and after a while he nodded.
“Alright, this is what’ll happen. I’ll let you out on the condition you will be with me at all times and I will put you in that cage only when you’ve done something wrong” he said.

Fine. Now get me out of this thing…

He opened the door and I walked out. I stretched and looked up at him expectantly.
He motioned for me to follow him and I did. We walked down the spiral staircase and turned left. The kitchen was huge!
He went over and sat on a stool. After 10 minutes I was getting impatient…

Hey Prince Charming! Can we eat now?!

“I didn’t know you were that hungry. Mary!” he called.
Soon a maid walked in hurriedly. She took a step back as soon as she saw me and I cocked my head to the side confused.

I’m not going to hurt her… why is she afraid of me?

She heard about what you did last night…

But…

I didn’t know what else to say so I just sat down depressed. I hated causing pain or fear to people who didn’t deserve it…

“She won’t hurt you, Mary” Alex said to the maid, as he looked down at me raising an eyebrow at my behavior.
“What would you like to eat, Prince?” she asked as she cautiously walked towards us.
“I’d like the usual… and something for her as well” he said pointing to me.

I laughed silently at that and he looked at me questioningly.

What?

You don’t even know my name…

I found it so funny I laughed again. Mary looked down at me and smiled. I guess I was being too loud. I stopped laughing as she looked down at me again.
She walked over to me cautiously and put her hand in front of my face. I sniffed it subconsciously and she smiled when I didn’t do anything to her. She seemed nice.

“What’s your name little one?” Mary asked as she pet me.
I smirked and blocked Alex out of my mind before replying.

It’s Selene. But don’t tell Prince Charming that… yet.

“What a beautiful name! Well then dear, what would you feel like eating?” she asked me kindly.
“What did she say it was?” Alex asked as he looked at Mary questioningly.
“Naughty naughty…” Mary said laughing as she pointed a finger at me.
I smiled this time and let Alex hear my thoughts again.

Anything edible

She laughed at my response and nodded.
“Young Prince you can go up to your room and I’ll send the food up when it’s ready” Mary said to Alex.
Alex nodded and I stood up to follow him when he turned around quickly. I stopped abruptly and looked up at him.
“Send it to the garden please” Alex said as he looked at me.
My ears perked up and I ran out of the kitchen. Even the thought of fresh air was too much.
I heard chuckling from behind me but I didn’t care. I ran towards the door and waited for Alex who was taking his bloody time…

You’re taking too long! Hurry up!

Alex shook his head at me and shot me a warning glance as he opened the door.
I ran outside full speed. Within 5 minutes I had searched the entire front garden. Alex looked at me amused but decided to drop it.
I followed him as he walked towards the back. There was a wooden door at the far end covered with flowers… it was hard to see it if you didn’t know it was there. He walked towards it but stopped when he reached it.
“This was my mother’s garden… so don’t ruin anything in it” he said as he opened the door.
I walked inside and he closed the door behind him. I immediately froze. This place… it was wonderful. A fountain was in the middle with angels engraved on it. Roses, daisies, all kinds of flowers were scattered here and there. A bench was on the right and a huge tree on the left with a swing.

This place is beautiful…

“Not many people know of this place… it’s where I go when I need some quality time alone” Alex said as he sat down on the bench.

I sat down and looked at the flowers around me. It was so peaceful… after a while my stomach grumbled loudly and I looked up at Alex only to find him laughing at me.
“I forgot that Mary doesn’t know of this place… and it’s obvious someone’s hungry” he said still laughing.
I whined at him and he stopped laughing.
“Don’t whine. People might think you’re cute” he said as he stood up and headed for the door.

What is that supposed to mean, Prince Charming?!

Oh I don’t know. You’re supposed to be smart. Figure it out yourself…

I whined again but followed him out of the beautiful garden.

Race you to the door

Before Alex knew what was going on I was already in the porch waiting for him to catch up.
“That was unfair” he said pouting.

Take it like a man, Princey

He fake glared at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.
He laughed and headed towards the kitchen.
We walked in together and Mary beamed when she saw us.
“Finally! I couldn’t find you two anywhere and I know that you must be hungry! You haven’t eaten anything since you came here!” Mary said as she motioned for me to go to her.

She set a big plate in front of me. My eyes widened as I looked at the stake. It was huge!

It’s been a week since I’ve last fed. Thank you

“Oh dear! Don’t mention it! Call me whenever you’re hungry! I’m not having anyone starve in this house while I’m in charge of the kitchen!” she said to me.
I nodded and looked up at Alex. He was drinking blood from a glass.
I shook my head and ate the stake. Within minutes it was all gone and I was full.
I walked over towards the stairs when I was stopped.

Where do you think you are going?

To your room… I’m tired

Fine. I’ll be there soon

I nodded and ran up the stairs. I pushed the door open with my paw and saw the cage. I shuddered at the thought of having to sleep in there so I looked around the room. My eyes rested on the bed for a while but I knew I would be in serious trouble if I slept on it...
I ignored that thought and jumped on the bed.

I’m not one that follows the rules either way…

I got myself comfortable and soon I dozed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
5 subscribers!!! =) thank you so so much guys!!!! ^^
comment? subscribe? xD

~Ria~