Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

How It Works

Jason sat with Ainsley in the bedroom as she cried her eyes out, he would occasionally pass her a tissue as she did so. “He said…he said, that…he loved me! That cheating bastard!” she yelled to the heavens.

Ainsley was comforted by Jason, he pulled her closer to him as she began to cry on his shoulder, he stroked her hair as she continued to cry “I’m sorry…Ainsley…” he managed to get out.

She looked up at him “He said we were gonna get married, and adopt some kids…but then he goes off and cheats on me with some blonde fang banger!?” she asked him.

Jason looked around the room for a moment before he looked back at Ainsley “Is it considered cheating if he’s feeding?” he asked her.

Ainsley nodded “YES…” she said bluntly, before burying her face into Jason’s shoulder again to cry some more.

“That asshole will get his, I promise Ainsley!” he told her, stroking her back as he let her sob all over his t-shirt that was starting to stain of Ainsley’s tears.

The door opened and closed, Ainsley looked up to see Eric. He was anxious as he looked at her, then began to get furious as he sat Jason sitting next to Ainsley.

“Stackhouse…” he said in a very serious tone.

Jason got up from the bed and nervously laughed “Eric…what a pleasant surprise. I was just here, comforting your significant other as you cheated on her…I should go!” he said, nearly running out of the room.

Eric waited for Jason to leave the house completely before he spoke to Ainsley, who was wiping her tears away with a new tissue.

Ainsley was furious, she wanted to kill him, to tear him to shreds! Eric sighed as he heard the door shut again, he stomped towards Ainsley and grabbed her shoulders “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!?!?” he asked her.

“I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO TALK TO!!” Ainsley yelled at him, jerking away from his grasp. “Sam had started to get on me about life and I was upset…and then Jason took me to the bar and WOW, there you were!!!” she yelled at him, nearly pointing her index finger into his chest.

Eric was in shock “Ainsley, I feed…it’s in my nature! It’s also in yours!” he informed her, taking another step towards her.

Ainsley was about to tackle him down, she pulled herself together and shook her head “Eric, I’m perfectly satisfied drinking Tru Blood…I haven’t had ONE urge…let alone have my fangs detracted!” she told him.

Eric sighed as he gave her a subtle smile “Bunny…” reaching out for his bride-to-be, when she stopped him mid-hug.

Ainsley took his wrist and snapped it in half, Eric was in shock as he saw his wrist just dangling on his arm, he looked at Ainsley.

“I hate to break it to you Eric,” she whispered to him, grabbing her jacket “but I’m not your Bunny!” she told him, walking out of the bedroom and out of the house completely.

Eric sighed as he watched his wrist heal itself, he groaned to himself as he sat on the bed and thought about what had just happened. Igby jumped onto the bed and rubbed his head against Eric’s arm.

“Oh, Igby…why?” Eric asked the cat he looked down at Igby, who was looking up at Eric.

___________________________________________

Ainsley knocked on Bill’s door, he answered immediately and looked at the tear-stained Ainsley as she walked into the house.

“It’s over! WE’RE over…I can’t stand it!” Ainsley said, throwing her jacket down on the floor and looked at Bill.

Bill shut the door “…you wanna, talk about it?” he asked her.

Ainsley shrugged her shoulders “Where’s Jessica?” she asked him, sitting down on the stairs. At that moment, Jessica rushed downstairs and sat next to Ainsley.

“I know everything, and unfortunately, I’m gonna have to side with Eric on this one! Sorry…” she said, rubbing Ainsley’s back as she looked at her.

Bill cocked her eye brow “What’s going on?” he asked, walking up to the both of them.

Jessica turned to Bill and cleared her throat “So, Ainsley got her feelings hurt by Sam, Sookie’s boss, and she walked off…WELL, she met up with Jason who took her to Fangtasia so she could talk to Eric ONLY to find him feeding on some fang banger!” she said.

“Ohh….Ainsley!” he said, pushing Jessica out of the way to put his arm around Ainsley. “You cannot blame Eric for feeding off someone ONCE in awhile! You’re so young, you have no idea how it works!” he told her.

Ainsley turned to him “But…that’s the thing! I’m not hungry for human blood…Tru Blood tastes just fine…and my fangs have yet to detract!” she told him, wiping away another tear.

Bill was shocked “…not even during sex?” he asked her, Ainsley shook her head as she tried to get herself under control.

“Well…it will happen! You will want to taste somebody, and your fangs will pop out…eventually!” Bill told her, patting her shoulder as he nodded in agreement.

Jessica bit her lip “That is pretty weird though, no fangs during orgasm…”

“Jessica!” Bill said.

“Sorry.” Jessica said, hugging her knees as she looked at Ainsley, who looked up at her.

Ainsley sighed “Who told you?” she asked.

Jessica smiled “Sookie…who was informed by Jason…” she told her.

Bill sighed “Jessica, upstairs!” he whispered, looking up at his child who was very compliant this time around as she walked upstairs. Bill looked back at Ainsley “You WILL marry him, and you will adopt those children…Eric loves you very much.” He informed Ainsley.

Ainsley looked at Bill shocked, Bill just smiled “He is very vocal about his love for you…he pledges everything to you. I hate to admit it, but he loves you more than I love Sookie…” he told her.

“…go home.” Bill told her after a moment of silence. He got up from the stairs and walked Ainsley towards the front door “He’ll understand.” Bill said, nudging Ainsley out of the house.