Blood Runs Deep

Lips of Confusion

I was asleep in the bed when Dean rushed in waking me and Sam up, he was in the other bed we only talked(ugh) when Dean left.

"Dean, what the fuck is wrong?" asked Sam, rubbing his eyes.

"This town is fucked up that's what is wrong. Nathan's dad sent me to that bar to find out, I need to know everything you know about your dad's friends" said Dean eying me.

"I didn't know he had any" I said truthfully, "we didn't talk"

"This town is basically feeding boys to Azazel and Azazel wants you," said Dean looking at me, "he's not going to get you!"

"Dean, what are you talking about?" asked Sammy and Dean sighed, he told us what he heard, I couldn't believe this, why would my dad and these guys do this.

"Keith, that's David's dads name" I said, with a frown.

"Azazel isn't going to get you,Nathan" said Sam, Dean nodded.

"What makes me so special?" I asked looking at my hands, what I did when I was nervous, I could tell Sam wanted to say something sweet but caught himself, Dean looked pissed and walked out the door, "I'll go talk to him"

"Nathan, I don't know if that's a good idea" said Sam, I shrugged.

"Either good or bad, I am going to do it" I said, I gently touched Sam's shoulders before I walked out the door, to find Dean leaning on the Impala, "What are you leaving out?"

"Nathan, go back inside" said Dean in a pissy tone.

"Dean, I don't know you well but I can read people and I can tel your leaving something out"

"So what, Nathan, just leave me alone"

"Dean, I'm not. Why does Azazel want me so bad?" I asked, Dean looked up at me.

"He wants you to take his place" said Dean, I was horrified.

"To be a demon?! I would never do that!" I exclaimed, Dean nodded.

"I know that, Nathan. Azazel thinks something is going to happen between the three of us, that is going to drive you to him"

"Nothing is going to happen, you're my friend" I said as I stood by the car.

"Azazel seems to think you're my Achilles heel, " said Dean looking over at me, " I don't like that"

"Even the strongest warrior has a weakness, Dean. It doesn't mean your less of a fighter or man"

"It's not that, it's just, I knew that when we saved you that night. I know you were going to be a weakness for me, I don't know why"

"Maybe having to save me over and over is going to be your weakness. You and Sam want to help me so bad, maybe it's going to be your weakness" I suggested, Dean looked up at me.

"Nathan, you know nothing about me, so don't try to figure me out" said Dean, I glared at him, I threw my hands up and started to walk away from the car and Dean, when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, "don't go"

"But you don't want me around you, remember" I said rolling my eyes, Dean didn't let go of my wrist.

"I didn't say that, Nathan. Just stay out here, please"

"Dean, this isn't like you, why are you being so.. nice?" I asked, Dean shrugged.

"We're friends remember" said Dean, I nodded, I was about to say something else when Dean moved in closer to me, he looked almost nervous. I wanted to say something, he raised his thumb to my face and traced my lips with it.

"Dean, I can't do this" I whispered, he looked at me deeply.

"I told you, you are going to be my weakness"

"Dean," I said, I wanted to say that I liked Sam but I couldn't tell Dean that. He moved his thumb and leaned in, his lips connected with mine, his lips were rough and man like and tasted like whiskey. He opened my mouth with his tongue, my hands went around his waist and my fingers grasped his belt loops, when Dean pulled away from me. He smiled at me, I wanted to smile back but I couldn't, I was confused and happy at the same time, Dean and I didn't kiss again that night we just watched the stars, Sam joined us later and I was in the middle, just like I felt.