Status: I'm 99% sure this story is finished... yeah... BUT, check out the new stories I put up. Fo Realz. Kay. Thanks for the comments, stars and subscribing!! You make me happy :)

This Could Be All I've Waited For

Ms. Thurston

Harlow ran inside her work building, only to find her boss waiting. "I'm sorry I'm late Ms. Thurston."

"I need to talk to you. Now." The tall lady said before she turned and walked back to her office. Harlow followed her inside anxiously. She watched as her boss sat. "Well? Are you going to sit?" The brunette asked gesturing to the chair across from her.

Harlow nodded and quickly sat in the seat infront of her. "Harlow, I need to talk to you about..."

"I know I've been late a lot recently-"

"I'm not in here to talk about your tardiness." That surprised Harlow. "I'm impressed with the work you've accomplished. Brittany's party went spectacular, she was very pleased. This company is getting a lot of notice thanks to your accomplishments."

Harlow was momentarily confused as she listened to the compliments.

"I want to give you a raise."

She felt like she'd been smacked. Ms. Thurston wasn't generous. In fact, she never gave raises or thanked anyone. "Really?" Was all Harlow could say.

"Yes." The lady smiled, making Harlow do a double take. "You left a message earlier this week that you needed to speak with me?"

Harlow took a second to compose herself. "Yes, I actually need to, uh, take some time off. You might want to rethink that raise now."

"Really? How long and what days?" Ms. Thurston asked looking at her calender.

"How long will you give me?" She asked weakly.

Harlow's employer wrinkled her brow. "What's going on? Are you pregnant?"

"What? No! No. It's tour season for All Time Low. It's a band. The lead singer is my boyfriend, and I really would like to go." She said quickly.

"How long is this tour?"

"Three months."

"Three months!"

Harlow nodded, swallowing hard. "Mm-hm."

Ms. Thurston leaned on her desk. She folded her hands under her chin. "Is he the one?"

Harlow gave her a confused expression. "We're not engaged or anything."

"Is he the one though?"

Harlow shrugged, relaxing. "I'm not sure. Maybe. Only time will tell, I suppose."

The lady smiled. "Yes, I suppose it will." Ms. Thurston leaned back in her chair, "You can go. Give me the dates as soon as possible."

"Are you serious? Thank you!"

"We'll somehow manage here without you."

"I'll work my ass off until I leave. I promise!" She said standing up. "Thank you so much!" She put a hand over her mouth. "Oops, please excuse my language."

After a moment of silence she hurried out of the office and started working.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the second chapter, thanks for commenting! First chapter and 44 people have already subscribed, that's awesome! Keep it up!-Autumn