Dark Eyed Dreamers

Raegan.

“I WON’T GO DOWN BY MYSELF BUT I’LL GO DOWN WITH MY FRIENDS!” Alex and I screamed along with Gerard Way as his voice blasted through the speakers of Alex’s navy Ford Escape. Eight hours spent in a car with him was going so much better than I’d imagined. We’d only been driving for a few hours, but we were having the time of our lives.

We decided to stop for food somewhere in Pennsylvania. I spotted a Red Robin with a wait of 00 minutes, so we decided on that. The hostess brought us to a table, then told us our waiter would be with us shortly.

“Hey guys, my name’s Andrew. I’ll be your waiter today. Can I start you off with something to drink?” a boy no older than sixteen asked not a minute after we were seated. I ordered a Speckled Lemonade, and Alex ordered a coke. Andrew walked away, and Alex looked at me.

“I’m really, really glad you decided to come with me.”

“I’m actually surprised you did this. I mean, you never plan things through. You go on impulse. Why are you doing this?”

“I told you, I like you. I don’t want to screw things up with you. I don’t just want to fuck you and be done with you,” Alex said, taking both of my hands in his over the table., “I want something real.”

Woah. This was not the Alex I knew.

“In that case, I’m really glad I’m here.” I said honestly. We just sort of sat there quietly before Andrew returned with our drinks. We both ordered what we usually got, and he disappeared again.

“So, how’re things going with the band?”

“Things are crazy. I mean in two months we’re leaving to tour. Not just some silly tour around the state, we’re going all over the country. People are buying tickets in advanced, and everything is happening so quickly,” he said, “but I don’t want to talk about the band. This weekend is about us. I’m so glad to have you here to myself”

I felt my cheeks grow hot, and he giggled. I covered my face with my hands, and Alex told me not to be embarrassed because it was cute, of course all the while flashing that gorgeous smile of his.

The next few hours were spent in the car. Alex started getting sleepy, so he had me drive part of the way. He directed me to the hotel we were to be staying in. Alex jumped out of the car first, and got our bags from the trunk while I just stared up at it in awe.

“Wait till you see the room, Rae.” he whispered into my ear.

We checked in, and I was growing more and more excited by the second. We got our key cards, and Alex opened the door for me.

“Oh my God, Alex! This isn’t a hotel room, this is an apartment! This place is huge!” I said running into the room, a huge grin spread across my face.
“You like it then?” he questioned. I nodded my head, looking at him.

We decided it was too late to do anything that night, so we laid in bed and watched House until I fell asleep.

---

I woke up with my forehead pressed against Alex’s bare chest with his arms wrapped around my torso. I breathed in his scent and smiled to myself. I tried to look up at him, but his chin was resting on top of my head. I managed to turn myself around so that I was facing away from him. I let out a small yawn, and Alex began to stir. I turned back to face him.

“Hey” he said drowsily before kissing my forehead. “What time is it?”

“Nine.”

“We’d better get ready then, we don’t want to be late.”

We both showered [separately of course] and got dressed. Alex told me not to wear anything I wouldn’t mind getting dirty, so I slid on a pair of brown shorts and a baby blue v-neck.

“Lets get food before we go.” Alex said, emerging from the bathroom in just a towel.

---

“Raegan, just trust me. This you’ll love this.”

“Why won’t you just tell me where we’re going?”

“Don’t worry.”

“Please?”

“Okay, we’re here.” he said as he stopped.

“Boats?”

“I rented one. We’re going sailing.”

“How very Seth Cohen of you.”
So we sailed. We sailed all day. He pointed out things of interest, like haunted lighthouses, and old buildings. He was right, I really did love it here. The air was so clean, and the few people we’d come in contact with so far were so friendly.

It wasn’t until dinner time that we docked, and Alex had us running to a restaurant for food. It was a small Italian restaurant, lit with stringed lights. The servers were outstanding, and the food was to-die-for.

“So do you want to go to the beach tonight?” he asked as we got into his car.

“Tonight? It’ll be freezing!”

“There’s going to be a fireworks display. We can stop back at the hotel, and change, and I brought blankets.” he said.

I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“I’d love to.” I smiled. “How do you know so much about this place anyway?”

“I have relatives up here. I used to spend summers here before I moved to Maryland.” he said as we pulled up to the hotel.

I got changed into a pair of dark washed distressed jeans and a plain purple long sleeved thermal. Alex was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie with his infamous grey beanie atop his head.

“Ready to go?” he asked. I nodded, and he put his arm around my waist as we exited the room.

The beach was beautiful at night. Kids were running around with sparklers in their hands, and a few crazy twelve or so year olds were playing in the water. Alex laid a blanket down on the sand and then sat down, making room for me between his legs. He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned into his chest.

“The sky is beautiful, isn’t it? You can see every star” I said.

We both looked up at the stars just as the first firework went off. I shivered a bit a moment later and unraveled his arms from around me, leaving me even more chilly. A few seconds later, he put his hoodie around my shoulders.
“Alex, you’ll freeze. You’re just in a t shirt.” I said looking up at him.

“Don’t worry, you’ll keep me warm” he said, once again securing his arms around me.

“Alex, I feel bad taking your sweater” He sighed, then turned to his side before pulling out a second blanket and wrapping the two of us in it.

“Better?” he asked.

“Much.”

If you had told me a month ago that I’d be sitting on a beach in Massachusetts watching fireworks wrapped in a blanket and Alex Gaskarth’s arms I would have told you that you were crazy. I inhaled deeply, not wanting to miss a single breath of his scent, and snuggled into his chest.

“You’re beautiful” he whispered in my ear. I looked up at him doubtfully, but then he did what one could only imagine he would do, and he kissed me. It was soft and tender, yet longing. He put a hand on my face, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Do you want to go back to the hotel?” he whispered. I bit my lip and thought for a split second before nodding my head.

We jumped up and gathered the blankets before our fingers intertwined and we ran off to the hotel. Once in the elevator, he turned to me and kissed me again. This time it was more forceful. I couldn’t help but think back and compare it to Jack’s kiss. Jack was so loving, so innocent. I quickly shook that kiss from my thoughts. Mikayla thought that he might be the father of her child, and if he cared about me as much as he said he did, he wouldn’t have fucked my best friend. No, I needed to forget Jack. I needed to concentrate on this moment. On what was about to happen with Alex.

The elevator door opened with a soft ding sound. We got to the hotel room, and as soon as Alex slammed the door shut, he pinned me against it. He shed me of his hoodie, and I undid his belt. He took of my shirt and lifted me off the ground to carry me to the bed. From the moment Alex climbed ontop of me and attached his lips to my neck, I felt nothing but guilt and saw nothing but Jack’s disappointed face in the back of my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
1488 words. 4 1/3 pages. Longest Chapter I've ever written.
Hope you guys like it! :D