Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mikayla

Jack wasn’t the father. To be honest, I was a little upset. Personally, I thought we’d make an amazingly gorgeous child. Okay, and could you imagine the look on Raegan’s face? It would’ve been priceless for her to think that Jack was 100% the father. I mean I told her he might be and she looked like she was going to bawl.

I looked up at the ceiling fan and watched it spin for some time. Braelyn knocked at my door, and told me that I left my phone out in the living room, and that I missed a call from Rian.

“Hello?” he answered.
“Hey, I see that you called me.”
“Oh yeah. Do you want to hang out? We could watch a movie or something”
“A movie sounds good. Will you bring me food? I’m starving, and Brae won’t let me cook”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. I had a little accident in the kitchen and she freaked.”

“Only you.” He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll see you soon” I said before hanging up with him.

I was feeling sort of sick of all of this. Raegan ran off with Alex with Jack still wrapped around her finger, and Braelyn had Zack. I just wanted the attention they got. I know it sounds bad, but I really just need attention all the time.

Not long after I set down my phone did I hear Rian yell the words “Knock, Knock” at my closed door.

“Come in!” I yelled.

He entered. His right hand had a tray of pizza and an order of wing bites balanced, and the other hand held a 2liter of Coca-Cola. A smile instantly appeared on my face.

“My favourite!” I exclaimed. He put the food on the floor and sat on the bed next to me, kissing me sweetly.

“I’ve missed you”

“I’ve missed you too” I said kissing him again.

“You had a doctor’s appointment yesterday, right? What’d they say?”

“She said I’m healthy and the baby’s healthy and that I’m out of my first trimester, so I should stop throwing up all the time.”
“I’m glad to hear that” he said. “What movie are we going to watch?”

“THE NOTEBOOK!” I yelled before putting it in the DVD player. “Is that okay?”

“Anything for you babe.” He got up from the bed and grabbed the food and handed it to me before disappearing through the door to only reenter with paper plates and forks.

“Thanks, Ri” I kissed his cheek again.

“You’re awful affectionate today”

“I’m just happy to see you”

We laid in bed and watched the movie. Around the time Allie decided to lay in the street with Noah, Rian engulfed me in a gianthug squeeze. We rolled over so that I was laying on his right, closer to the television. He rested his hand on my stomach.

“So what else did the doctor say about your little bump?”

“It’s not a bump, it’s a baby, Ri.” I giggled.

“What did she say about the baby then?”

“I told you, it’s healthy.”

“When do you get to find out the sex?”

“I have an ultrasound at the end of next month. I can find out then, but I don’t know if I want to. I think that’d make this too real.”

“Mikayla, this is real. I know you’re scared, but there’s no turning back. I know you didn’t plan this, and you didn’t want this, but its happening. You’re going to be a mom, an amazing mom, I’m sure.”

“I’m terrified, Rian. I don’t want my baby to not have a father. I don’t want it to feel like it wasn’t wanted.” I spoke honestly, on the verge of tears. It was crazy how the mood changed from being so light to being so heavy in a matter of seconds. Rian was silent for a little while.

“C-could I be the father? I want to be there for you and the baby. I love you and I already love this child even though it hasn’t been born.”

“Rian, I don’t know what to say”

I didn’t. I was enthralled. Things were finally piecing themselves together and I’d never felt more happy in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So my birthday was the third, and now I have a new laptop! I wrote this one in a cafe downtown. Thanks for reading this, guys.