Dark Eyed Dreamers

Raegan

The car ride was grim. I sat shotgun next to Brae while Alex was forced to ride with Zack and Jack. He sat next to Mikayla and Rian basically fucking in the back seat. I held onto my sister’s hand as she drove, with my phone in my other hand reading Alex’s descriptive texts.

Brae’s iPod was on shuffle, and So Long, Sweet Summer started playing through the speakers. Teardrops rolled down Brae’s face.

“It really was a sweet summer” she whispered. The first words she’d spoken in days.

“I’m going to miss you so much, Brae. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you.”

“I know. I’m so scared to go to New York City by myself. Do you have any idea of the crime rate there?”

“”Don’t worry, Brae. You’ll be fine You’re going to have so much fun. You’ll make so many friends. Just don’t forget about me and the boys while you’re off being a famous artist”

“You know I could never. No matter how much I want to, I can’t forget any of you.”

I sensed the hatred dripping from the word ‘any,’ but I didn’t blame her. He completely broke her, and she had every right to feel whatever she was feeling.

We finally pulled into the bus station. They boys were waiting in front of the bus.
I took a look at my new home.

A bumpy bus with five smelly boys was not where I expected to spend my first semester of college.

I didn’t really expect any of this, though.

I didn’t expect that one kid from my math class to be the manager of my best friends’ band.

I didn’t expect Mikayla to ever loose her virginity, let alone get pregnant at 18.

I didn’t expect to be with Alex.

I didn’t expect Jack and I to ever get in an argument that ended in us not speaking.

I didn’t expect to live without my sister for any amount of time.

I didn’t want things to change.

I didn’t want to end the summer.

I didn’t want anything to be different.

I climbed the stairs to the brand new bus, and my brand new life.

I wish I didn’t have to say it, but I did.

So long, sweet summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to Dashboard, leave me alone. XD
Haha. That's all for Raegan. She's all done.
My battery's about to die, so I have to make this quick.
Thanks so so so so so much for reading.
I love you all. Next chapter is the last. :/
<3