Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mikayla.

I understood that Rian would be mad at me, but I didn’t think he’d storm off like that. Its not like I did anything to him. It wasn’t like he had to carry a child in his stomach for nine months. I followed Rian as he walked through the front door and got into his car. When he was seated in the drivers seat, he didn’t put on his seatbelt. He didn’t start the car. He didn’t even put the key in the ignition. He just folded his arms over the steering wheel then his head fell down to lay on his arms. The doors were unlocked, so I hopped in the passengers seat.

“Rian, please. Don’t be mad at me. You’re my best friend.”

“Clearly not, Mikayla. If I was your best friend, you would have told me. You were this sweet innocent virgin girl in my eyes. You were perfect. I thought we told each other everything but obviously not.”

“Ri, I don’t even remember getting pregnant. I have no idea who the father is. I’m guessing it happened at that party at Adam’s house a few months back. You know how drunk I was. I don’t remember any of that night.” I said. It was as though I’d told the story a million times. “I feel like such a whore. I mean, if any of us should be having a baby it should be Braelyn and Zack. They’d be the perfect parents, but no it’s me. I can’t do this, Ri. I need you.” I started to cry again. I felt like a sap. Everything made me cry lately.

“Mikayla don’t cry” he said, rubbing my tears away with his thumb, “I’m sorry I freaked. I just… I really really like you, and not just as my best friend. I want to be able to call you mine. When I heard about this, though, I don’t know, I spazzed a little. I’m sorry.”

Whoa. Hold up a second. What?

Rian likes me? Rian Dawson, Robert Rian Dawson likes me? Emotional, pregnant me?

I didn’t know what to say, so I followed my instincts.

As our faces inched closer, I felt his uneven breath on my lips, causing a slight smile to form. The space between us finally closed, and the moment I’d been waiting for, for ages finally happened. It was one of those honest, sweet, heartfelt kisses that you only see in movies. The butterflies in my stomach started to flutter, and my heartbeat raced. When he finally pulled back he looked me straight in the eye and rested his forehead on mine.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted that to happen” he whispered.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.” I whispered back, smiling.

He cupped my cheek in his hand, and smiled an honest smile.

Of course the moment we were sharing was ruined by both of our phones going off. Zack was calling his, while Raegan was calling mine. We assured them that everything was fine, but we decided to go back to his place to watch a movie. I promised Rae I wouldn’t be back too late.

I lay down on his bed as he called out movie titles to put in. We agreed on the classic Edward Scissorhands.

He climbed onto the bed, resting his back against the headboard, and I decided to sit between his legs and snuggle into his chest.

“So, have you gone to a doctor about this or anything?”

“Yeah. She said I’m coming to the end of my first trimester. She said the first one is the worst, and that the morning sickness should be less frequent if at all in the near future.”

“Oh, cool I guess.” he said, wrapping his arms around me.

We laid there for a while, before I drifted off to sleep while Rian laughed at Johnny Depp’s awkwardness. It was the soundest sleep I’d had in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one time I accidentally got high off of Benedryl.
Then I went to Warped Tour.
Then I got into a car accident.
Then I got some sleep.

Comments? :D