Status: Semi-Active; So me love; I return ;D

Swim or Drown?

Chapter 17

I was kissing Alex again. Just like in all my dreams. But we were both crying and I was wrapped in a towel, soaking wet.

“Can we not think about that now?” I said pulling away.

“I have a promise I wanna make you right now.” Alex said looking into my eyes. I looked back into his dark brown eyes.

“What?” I whispered resting my head on his shoulder.

“I promise the minute you turn 18 I will be at your window waiting to take you home.” Was he serious? I looked at him, he had tears pouring down his face and he was blinking.

“Seal it with a kiss.” I was taking advantage of this whole he wants to kiss me now thing. He leaned in and kissed me.

Alex sighed and I looked at him. Curious.

“Nothing, but um you should probably get dressed.” He said looking at me up and down. He wiped away my tears and scooted me off.

“If thats what you want.” I said getting up and turning

“Not really, but its for the best.” He mumbled fumbling with his thumbs. I smirked and headed to my bathroom to get dressed. I slipped on everything and did my make up. I walked back into my room and half smiled at Alex. I walked over to my phone and listened to the voicemails.

“Call me dammit!” It was Zack he was mad.

“Hey! Its me and Jack we just wanna make sure you and Alex are together because we can’t get a hold of either one of you...-Jack- Are you doing the dirty deed?- I giggled and Alex looked up at me. I was surprised I giggled when my grandmother is dead. I need help.

“Jack was asked if we did the dirty deed.” Even Alex chuckled. Jack could always help lighten the mood. I called Carly back and got her voicemail.

“Hey Carly and Jack considering you too are both probably doing the dirty deed right now, but I have bad news my grandmother died, I will explain more if you need but Alex is coming with me to the funeral, its not that I’m made at you guys I love you, but I need Alex”. I whispered the last bit and hung up. Alex must have caught it and he smiled at me then walked over and planted a kiss. He grabbed my bag and left my room. I smiled to myself as I called Zack. Unfortuantely I didn’t get his voicemail.

“LILY! Where the hell have you been, you aren’t answering your fucking phone! What has Alex done now!?” His words stung a tad considering how emotionally messed up I was right now.

“Zack calm down and do not yell at me! You are not in charge of me.” I shouted back and followed Alex down stairs. He walked out and put the things in the car.

“Well I did have to yesterday!” Ouch...

“Well sorry, maybe you should stop caring about me Zack, I just wanted to let you know that my grandma died-Alex walked back in as I continued yelling at Zack-” And I’m going to the funeral with Alex, because we obviously all know how I feel about him, sorry for causing you the trouble of saving your best friend from rape! I won’t trouble you again Zack!” I hung up furious! I shoved my phone into my pocket and ran into my new favorite persons arms.

“Whats wrong Lily?”

“Everything.” I mumbled kissing his cheek and walking out the front door. Alex locked the door and got into my drivers seat. I sat in the passenger seat and stared out the window. We reached the airport and started the long process. We reached our gate and almost didn’t catch our plane it was better because I didn’t want to wait for this.

Alex sat in the middle i sat on the end, an older woman to the left of Alex. She reminded me of grandma. Alex lifted up the arm rest separating us. I scooted as close as possible and wrapped my arms around his waist. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes as Alex ran his index finger up and down my thigh. I sighed against him and drifted to an odd sleep.

“Baby.” A voice said I didn’t open my eyes I thought it was a boyfriend talking to his girlfriend. I tried to drift back to sleep but the voice kept saying baby and shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Alex’s chocolate brown eyes in front of me and he was the one saying baby.

“You called me baby.” I said awakening.

“Mmm, I guess I did. Sorry.” He said looking embarrassed. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and looked up.

“No please do, please?” I whispered.

“Okay baby.” He said. I liked it, I was hoping when everything settled Alex wouldn’t leave me again, but he would keep his promise and then maybe we could be something. Now we were nothing really, friends with benefits didn’t work since we were doing the dirty. I smiled remembering Jack’s remark. Jack. Carly. I was going to have to leave them till my 18th birthday 3 months away. I don’t want to live with my dad. But if I knew Alex was coming to rescue me then I could make it through.

“Were landing baby in 10 thats why I woke you up.” Alex mentioned. Using baby made me feel special. Meaningful.

“Alex?”

“Ya?”

“Do you really mean your going to come and rescue me when I’m 18?”

“Yes, and I’m not planning on moving to any other love interests.” He said drawling random shapes on my tights.

“Good.”

---

The plane landed, we got our bags and drove to the police office.

“May I help you?” The black haired cop asked Alex and I.

“Yes I’m Lily Sparks.” I said looking up at Alex for help, he had talked to the officer on the phone longer then I had before I crashed. Then a officer with blonde hair, chubby, and a mustache.

“Are Lily Sparks and Lily Spark’s husband?” I was about to disagree but Alex smiled and nodded.

“Yes sir, I believe we have some things to go over.”

“Yes we do, follow me.” The cop walked ahead and Alex whispered in my ear.

“I kinda told them were engaged, he asked how I was related to you, I said soon to be husband.” Alex blushed and wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Fine with me.” I said walked towards the office.

--

“Well her will says you Lily get the house when you turn 18. Aren’t you alittle young to be getting married?”

“Um well yes, but we aren’t planning on it he just proposed two days ago.” I said adding a smile.

“Oh well congratulations, when is the wedding.”

“I’m not sure as of now, but I needed to make her mine and she needed to know how much love I’m in with her, its not just a fling although we have known each other for 10 years and dated for 5.” Alex added making it believable.

“How cute.” He said smiling at the both of us.

“Well, your grandmother has asked to have an open casket funeral.”
“Oh.” I said trying not to cry. Alex’s hand reached for mine and I grabbed it.

“Yes she left you in charge of the arrangements but a set date for 2 days after her death.” He said reading over the documents held in his hands.

“Oh.” Was all I could say.

“We hired some people to help you, heres a check list/requests like flowers, caskets etcetera.” He put a piece of paper in front of me.

“You fill that out and the doctor will be here in 20 minutes to discuss what happened.” He left me and Alex alone and a tear escaped. Alex already knew it was coming and wiped it away.

“Um...” I started not knowing how to ask Alex to help me.

“I will help you.”

“How did you know?” I asked wide eyed turning to him.

“Its what I want to do.” He kissed me and looked back to the paper.

Flowers: Purple lilies.
Casket:White with lavender interior. Purples were her favorite.
Dresscode:Black.
I filled out the place, and things that were asked. I finished the paper and looked at Alex. I was going to kiss him but the doctor walked in and sat where the cop had originally.

“Hello I’m doctor Felm. Your grandmother died from loosing control of her car. She drove off into the lake and drowned, I am sorry for your loss.”

“Ya.” I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

“Um would you like to see your grandmother before the funeral ?”

“No.” I said I was tired and I wanted Alex’s touch.

“I guess were done then heres my card, good luck”. Alex took the card and helped me out of my seat. I handed the cop the piece of paper and left the station.

“Ugh.” I groaned.

“Whats wrong?”

“I want you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhannngggerrr! My lovies! I won't be able to update again since I will be out of town for a little bit. So commmenttt! please!!! I will update as soon as I can.
-
Lily's outfit.