I Think I Love You

Hollywood We Never Going Down

-Kaia’s POV-

So after we got to Jordan’s I started to unpack. They painted the room black and purple. The bed is a queen size with black and purple bedding. I have a desk in one corner, a dresser against another wall, a table next to the bed, a bookcase next to the bed up to the corner of the room then to the edge of the desk, and they got me an easel that they set up in the corner next to the closet. The closet was a shit load bigger than the one at my dad’s but still not as big as the one at my mum’s old house. It’d fit the few clothes I have and then some. I have a feeling that Maddie is gonna take me shopping sometime before she leaves.

I had just finished unpacking the boxes that were in there and started on putting my clothes away when Jay-Day and di Hero came in with four more boxes. I looked at them and smiled before they each gave me hugs. They left saying that Jay-Day promised his mum he’d be home for dinner and di Hero told Maddie he’d take her shopping before she had to go back to her hotel. I smiled when they left.

“I really need to get those two together…” I mumbled to myself. Someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around to see a man I’d never seen standing in the doorway.

“I’m Dylan” he introduced himself and extended his hand for me to shake it. I took it and remembered that Jordan said something about his friends wanting to take me out to dinner.

“Kaia but I have a feeling you knew that already” I said when he let go of my hand. He gave a deep laugh.

“Yeah I did. If you don’t mind my asking but who do you wanna get together?” he asked as he walked in a bit more. He had a bit of an accent but I couldn’t place it.

“My sister and best friend” I said as if he’d know who they were. Maybe he did, he laughed.

“Jaden or Leo?” he asked. So he did know them, good makes it easier for me.

“Leo. I’ll find someone for Jay-Day.” I said, letting his nickname slip.

“So that’s what he meant.” He mumbled a bit. What’d he mean by that?

“What are you talking about?” I asked confused a bit. He gave another deep laugh before I heard the front door open and close.

“Jaden warned us that you may give us all nicknames or some shit like that” he said laughing. Another man appeared at the door.

“I’m George” the man introduced himself the same way Dylan had. He was kinda hot. Okay that’s an understatement.

“Kaia. And I have a feeling you knew that already.” I said lamely. He nodded then looked at Dylan whom I noticed was looking at the clothes on my bed with a look of concentration.

“Is there something wrong Dylan?” I asked confused.

“Are those all the clothes you have?” He asked. I nodded still slightly confused. They both looked at me as if I had just come back from the dead.

-Dylan’s POV-

When I asked if those were her only clothes I was expecting her to say that she had more coming. When she nodded her head yes George and I both looked at her as if she were crazy.

“What?” She asked sounding confused which matched the look on her face.

“We need to take you shopping sometime soon” George said causing the girl to groan. Weren’t girls supposed to like shopping? Her sister does, I know that.

“This is plenty of clothes for me.” She said as she went back to putting them away. We just kept staring at her.

A few minutes passed and she was done with her very little amount of clothes she moved onto another box that her friends had brought over. The first one she opened was full of stuffed animals. So she wasn’t completely different than most girls. She started to arrange them on her dresser that she didn’t’ even use. When she was done with that she opened the other three boxes. Two of them were full of books of some sort and the third held cameras and photo albums. She placed the camera on her desk next to her laptop and the photo albums she put in one of the drawers in her dresser. She then picked up on of the other boxes with books and carried them, with difficulty might I add, to the bookcase. She started to sort through the books and putting them on the bookshelves. She didn’t go any higher than the fifth row from the top.

After she finished with that she still had a shit load of room for the other books, whatever they were. She started taking the books out of the last box and started to place then in random places in her room. Did I mention these are huge boxes? No? Well they are fucking huge. The books looked like sketch books to me so I guess that makes sense with the easel and all.

“You can’t buy yourself more clothes but you can have a shit load of books and sketch books?” George asked curiously. She must have forgotten we were still in her room cause she turned around startled. She grabbed her chest and started to take deep breaths.

“Most of these are from before my mum moved to Romania with Maddie. Anything after that I got as gifts or I bought with the little money I get for Christmas and my birthday.” She explained when she could breathe evenly again. We just nodded before she started to look around her room for something.

“What are you looking for?” I asked. She looked at me then continued to look.

“My phone. I remember having it when I got out of the hospital but now I can’t find it.” She said still looking. George looked at me and smirked before walking out of the room.

“Maybe Jordan knows where it is?” I asked her already knowing the answer. Jordan took it to get her a better one under his account so that their mother wasn’t paying any bills.

“I guess so. May I ask you a question?” she asked. I laughed but nodded.

“Well I don’t mean offense but what race are you I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now but can’t place it.” I laughed again and smiled at her.

“I’m half Mexican.” I told her. She nodded then smirked.

“I think I figured your nickname out then.” She said before walking out of the room. I followed her and asked her what she meant.

“I give a lot of people nicknames. It’s easier when I know multiple people with the same name. I know another guy with your name only his is spelled different.” She said. I nodded.

“So what’s my nickname?” I asked curiously. She must have been expecting it cause the bitch smiled.

“Mehican” she said plainly. So my nickname was Mexican with the accent.

“Works for me. Do you have any nicknames?” I asked.

“People usually call me Kai and my grandmother once called me Angel and Maddie Baby. We would use them when we did pranks and shit.” She said. That’s when I noticed that George had left so we were the only two in the place. We talked for a few minutes before George came back with Jorel in tow and a box of 40’s. They came in and sat down. Kaia got up, took the 40’s and put them in the fridge. She came back out with three cold ones and a soda. She handed the 40’s out to everyone and took her seat next to me.

“Kaia this is Jorel everyone usually calls him Jay though.” George said. Kaia nodded and said hello.

“Can’t wait to hear the nicknames you give them” I said smirking. She smirked back.

“You’ll just have to wait and see then now won’t you Mehican?” she replied and we both laughed. George and Jay had very confused and scared looks on their faces which sent Kaia and I into another round of laughter. When we recovered I realized Matt was standing against the wall watching us a little afraid.

“Matt this is Kaia. Kaia this is Matt” Jay said after she got back onto the couch. She said hello and Matt sat down in a chair.

“So should I ask what sent the Mexican into round of laughter?” Matt asked. At least no one’s used our stage names yet. That’d be something to explain to the girl so soon.

“They’re scared cause I’ma give them nicknames that they have to deal with.” Kaia explained. Matt nodded his head and Kaia got up and went into the kitchen once again. I heard the fridge open and the sound of glass bottles clinging against each other. Then the fridge closed and she came out with four more 40’s and another soda. After giving us each another 40 she sat down and opened her Dr. Pepper.

“Don’t drink?” Matt asked confused. I guess I would be too if I wasn’t there when the doctor said no alcohol in her system until a week after they take her off the meds she would be on.

“Blame the meds.” Was all she said while pointing to her room. We laughed and talked for another half hour before Maddie, Aron and Jordan got back. Maddie was smiling like a mad woman until she pounced on Kaia who had not been expecting that.

“I really should have expected that.” She said echoing my thoughts. “Why are you smiling?” she asked cautiously. Jordan threw something at her, I think it was a sidekick, and her eyes got wide then confused. She looked up at Jordan then down at Maddie about to say something.

“Jordan doesn’t like the idea of you using the money from your job to pay the bill of your other one and it was crappy so you get a new one you don’t have to pay for!!!” Maddie said all in one breath. I think there is something wrong with this chick.

“Maddie you know I hate having money spent on me” she groaned. Jordan smiled.

“We know but you’re going to take it anyway. And when’d you get a job?” Jordan asked.

“When I was fifteen. I told them that I needed it to help pay the bills at dad’s cause he spent half his paycheck on alcohol and drugs.” Kaia seemed to whisper the last part of that sentence. We all just stared at her. That’s when Maddie piped up.

-Maddie’s POV- (Fo Sho)

While Kaia was telling them why she got her job I looked at my phone to see that it was close to seven.

“We should get some dinner” I said before anyone could press any farther on my father’s stupidity. They all agreed and I told Kaia to get into something she would actually want to be seen in. She was about to object but I guess she decided against it before getting up and walking to her room. I told them I’d meet them at the restaurant we had decided on. I left and started walking to the hotel that I was staying at for now.

-Normal POV-

Right after Maddie left the apartment building, Dylan said that they needed to take Kaia shopping for more clothes. Everyone agreed and decided that whoever didn’t have to work tomorrow was going to take her out to do it. That meant Dylan Matt and Jordan. Everyone went their separate ways and Jordan went to get changed. When he came back out Kaia was cleaning up the beer bottles and soda cans.

“Just leave it Kai we’ll get it later.” Jordan said before he led Kaia to his car.