Sequel: Us; I love that
Status: Complete; Sequel(Us; I love that)

You're different;I like that

I never really understood the concept of boys. How they talked. The way they flirted; if you could call it that. Even the way they… looked at someone. I was one of many girls confused by the fact, but I was also one of few at my new school, Preston Academy.

The huge halls were filled with students all standing around in circles; cliques. I couldn’t possibly belong to one. Never did, never will…. Or so I thought. You never really knew.

People stared as I made my way down the hall. Whispers seemed louder. The stares seemed fierce. What made me even more uncomfortable was the fact that every single boy stared at me, either with a smirk or blank expression. It was quite disturbing, some of the boys were, but one caught me off guard. He wasn’t wearing a smirk. He wasn’t blank. He had a slight smile-welcoming. He stood in one of the biggest group of guys. Those guys were all staring at me weirdly- expressions unreadable. All except for that one. The one with the unruly curls. He had appeal and possible personality- I could tell from his look.

Who was this mystery boy?

I passed him, almost as if in slow motion. His eyes followed mine, until I turned my gaze forward, my hair whipping my face. I could feel his intense gaze follow me. Maybe out of curiosity? Maybe out of confusion. Whatever it was… I knew he was different.


-----

Mitchie Johnson; the new girl. She's smart and beautiful, but no one can see past her differences. She isn't like any other girl... which happens to attract the one boy who seems like all the others.

Nick Jonas; the 'big man on campus', so to say. He's smart, athletic, and of course; every girls dream. He's also the head of the jocks. He's a mysterious boy who no one really gets. But can he open up to the new girl who's different than the rest?

-----

Ever heard of don't judge a book by it's cover? Sure. easy to understand. Everyone should stick by it. Easy? Not so much.

New girl, Mitchie, starts school at Preston Academy in New Jersey. She's beautiful, smart, funny and... different. No one can really see past her. Therefore; they judge. Girls don't accept her and jocks try to get with her... for one thing. I guess that phrase doesn't apply to her. When she sees a cute mysterious boy in the halls, she can't help but ask about him. Even after she finds out about 'him', she can't help but be intrigued. Curiosity overwhelms her, but she doesn't apply that one phrase. She judges him; automatically assuming that he's exactly like the rest of the jocks. But what happens when he realizes that rule? What happens when he's not exactly the same as the rest of the jerks? Will Mitchie see Nick's other side? Will she be able to believe he isn't like all the rest?

You really can't judge a book by it's cover...
  1. Who?
    '"What's his name?" "Nick Jonas," she grinned.'
  2. A small encounter
    '"I... uh. Ran into Nick. In the hallway-" Abby gasped.'
  3. Preps, Jocks, lunch... oh my.
    'It was the same group-same three in the front. Nick was looking at me intently.'
  4. After school hobby
    'I snapped a quick picture before turning around. I gasped as I hit someoene.'
  5. Annoying Brother; Worshiper of the Jocks
    '"Yep. Remember how I told you about that guy that goes to school here? I found out he was, like, the greatest sports player in Jersey?" he asked excitedly. "Something like that/" I mumbled.'
  6. Some good ol' advice
    '"Well... maybe you should talk to him," she suggested.'
  7. Conversations
    '"Listen. Just because your new doesn't mean you can-" "Missy," Nick shook his head.'
  8. More of the mystery
    '"Huh?" I asked, still wondering why Nick was looking at me.'
  9. Missing things end up in fights
    '"Whatever. He likes me. You don't even know. Get over yourself. Your a ***, that's the only reason he looks at you." He looks at me?'
  10. Project Partners
    'She went through the list, assigning the partners. "...Horn and Jin. Johnson and Jonas. Klark and Lant..."'
  11. Hangin' out
    '"It isn't funny," I snapped, but it came out as more of a laugh. "Then why are you laughing?" he smiled.'
  12. Maybe I can't judge
    'He was so confusing, but it made me want to get to know him more. I had to apologize. Maybe I couldn't judge him.'
  13. Apologies
    '"Um. Nick?" I asked quietly. He moved his head to look in my direction. I was suddenly nervous. "I'm sorry... about yesterday. It's obvious you aren't like,,. that."'
  14. Do I hear a threat?
    ' I shoved her dirty hand off me. "Did I hear a threat?" I growled. She smirked. "Consider it a warning." "A warning? Huh. Here's yours..."'
  15. Unexpected answer
    '"Do you want the answer, or do you really not care?" he raised an eyebrow, sitting back in the chair. I sighed. "Answer." "I don't want to go as friends," he shook his head. For some reason, that hurt.'
  16. You always help
    '"Well... I can think of something, but what are your feelings?" "That's the thing... I don't know!"'
  17. Jealousy; another reason for a fight
    'I looked up at him. A smile played his lips. "Now I'm really tired of this," I finally said.'
  18. You did that?
    'I didn't even get suspended... just a week of detentions. Not too bad, I guess.'
  19. Grammy's house
    '"Well. I got a week of detentions." "That's a good thing?" she raised an eyebrow.'
  20. Mystery. Kisses. Fights. Feelings; That's the part
    'I looked over at him as he closed his door, starting the engine. "I'm sorry... for ruining your time-" "You didn't," he said in his normal tone.'
  21. Reality check
    'She was... right. He did deserve to know my feelings. Nothing was wrong with him.'
  22. Good news; Bad news
    '"Mitchie. You have too some time. There's good times and bad times. I want you to live in the good times," she said strongly. I saw her glance over at Nick. She smiled slightly.'
  23. Comfort
    'She shook her head. "Gramps didn't..." she trailed off, letting out a sob. I froze. No.'
  24. Something's
    'I heard him sigh slightly. "Where does this leave us?" he asked suddenly. I was kind of surpirsed, he sensed it in my expression.'
  25. And it's the best feeling...
    'He sighed, looking down for a few moments. "You see...I'm kind of confused," he started quietly, looking at me again. "I have this feeling. And I-I don't know what it is. I never had it before and for some reason... I never thought I would-"
  26. I think it too
    'I smiled, watching him intently as I did so. He was still nervous-that made me smile even more. I could finally read him a little. Everything he's done-from helping me out with Missy and Blake to watching and comforting me when I cried yesterday.'
  27. Stupid Eric
    '"You are such an idiot. She's a hoe and she doesn't really like you-no matter what she says!"'
  28. Fight? Not me this time...
    'His eyes snapped open, giving me a small smile. "You-you have the *** looking out for you?" Jason spat.'
  29. A medical surprise
    'I heard a door creak open. We all looked over in it's direction. "Excuse me. Are you all here for Mr. Jonas?"'
  30. That doesn't matter
    'I sighed, pulling a chair closer to his bed before sitting down. "Why didn't you tell me? About your diabetes?"'
  31. Visit to Grammie brings bad news
    '"Family meeting?" I interrupted the silence. "Yeah. Um," Mom cleared her throat, looking over at dad.'
  32. Emotions
    'More footsteps erupted. Nick came down. "What are the-oh my gosh," he furrowed his eyebrows, coming over to me.'
  33. Few more days
    'My eyes widened. That fast? We were leaving that fast?'
  34. Not too happy friends
    'I scooted closer to Nick as they mumbled to themselves. He smiled at me, kissing my forehead quickly. I had some angry friends now.'
  35. Date
    '"I have a lot of memories in New Jersey, surprisingly... the best. It's weird-" I chuckled as Nick watched me intently, a smile at his soft lips saying he was interested.'
  36. Harder to leave
    'Just another thing to add to my never ending list of 'reasons why I love Nick Jonas.' And it made it all the more harder to leave.'
  37. Leaving
    'He didn't turn the radio on. He didn't speak. He only gave me longing glances. Those simple glances made my heart melt almost as much as his famous wink.'
  38. My own family thinks I'm annoying
    'What can I say? I'm a rebelling teenager who's madly in love. Sue me.'
  39. Their desperate attempts
    'I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Now we made a decision-"'
  40. Christmas spirit?
    'How was anyone supposed to be in the Christmas spirit when Mitchie couldn't talk? Well-I guess that only applied to me, but it didn't matter.'
  41. 'Thank You's' are in order
    'Besides, I'd get used to it. How would I get used to it in a week?'
  42. Grammie Awaits
    "I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!: She chuckled, starting the ignition.'
  43. Joseph; hush
    '"Yo. Yo. It's Joe," he answered after the second ring. I laughed. "M-" "SHH," I prompted when he was about to say my name.'
  44. What's up with you?
    '"Hey." he smiled, plopping down on the couch and turning the TV on. "What's up with you?" I asked bluntly.'
  45. Christmas Eve; the day before the best
    '"-Anyway, I'll try to get Nick to play the song before he sees you. Sound good?" he rambled, trying to get everything out in a hushed tone.'
  46. Christmas; the best day of the year
    '"So. So. Much." he mumbled, placing his lips back to mine. And it couldn't have been more perfect.'
  47. Snowy weather brings us together
    '"You're different; I like that." he flashed me that sweet smile before placing a hand on my cheek.'
  48. Snowy weather brings us together II
    '"You're different; I like that." He flashed me that sweet smile before placing a hand on my cheek.'