Devastation

3. So Full Of Questions...

When I got there it was 10.00 pm she said to just lay down for the night, because I was getting picked up early in the morning. I was surprised that someone would actually want to adopt me. I mean I wanted to stay with my family the way it used to be, but I couldn’t exactly do that since they were all dead. I didn’t exactly unpack anything because I was leaving in the morning. I found a room and just put my suitcase on the floor in one corner, took out my mp3 and lay down on the bed. I found it hard to get to sleep. The bed was as hard as anything.

When I finally did I was woken up by the orphanage lady, she said they were here to pick me up. I told her I only just went to sleep; she said I was sleeping for about 4 hours. What a liar she was; it didn’t feel like it, I checked my watch she was right I was wrong. Still didn’t feel like it I mumbled.

This brings me to where I am now. Walking down the hall to the front entrance with my suitcase wondering who it was that was adopting me. When I finally got there I saw this woman she looked somewhat familiar. She was really pretty. She said hello I just gave a small smile. After that we walked out and got in a taxi. The driver drove us to Gloria Jeans.
“What would you like?”
“Um can I just get a glass of milk?”
“Sure, don’t you like coffee?”
“Nah tastes discussing smells funny too”
“Your new guardian loves coffee, so you should get used to the smell soon”
“If you don’t mind me asking. What is your name?”
“Just call me Addie”
“Ok” it sounded familiar but still couldn’t remember where from, her accent sound funny also so I gave a little giggle lucky she didn’t hear me.

When we got our order we sat down at one of the tables.
“So are you my guardian then?”
“No he’s just very busy at this moment so he sent me to come and get you”
“Are you his wife?”
“No”
“Partner?”
“No, if you must know I am married, not to him, and I am someone he can trust to come and get you while he is busy”
“Ok then what’s his name?”
“Mike”
“Why is he busy at this moment?”
“He is busy doing work”
“Where does he work?”
“Your full of questions aren’t you?” she replied changing the subject
“I can’t help it I just want to know what he is like”
“Well trust me you are going to like him a lot”
“How would you know?”
“I can tell”
“Are you psychic?”
“No why?”
“How else would you know?”
“Because I have seen what you are like and I’m absolutely positive you are going to like him”
“Fine”
“Now I have a question for you”
“Ok what is it?”
“Have you ever flown before?”
“Eh, yeah once but I was only really little and I can’t remember it why do you ask?”
“No reason”

After that we finished drinking our drinks and went back in the car and the driver started took us too the airport.