Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Unanswered Questions

“We win this and we’re goin’ to New York! I wanna see you guys play lke the champs you are. Cuz who are we?” Coach Davis boomed.

“Fallsbook Colts!” We yelled back.

“Who?!”

“The Colts!”

“The Colts!?”

“The Colts!”

“The Colts on three” We stuck our hands in the middle of our circle.” One Two Three, Colts!” We broke it and the boys jogged their way out of the locker room.

“Ready coach?” I smiled.

“Hell yes!” He shouted and we jogged out to join the team on the court.

“Jonas, Carter, Lyles, Woods, and Sharden. You guys are starting.” He told them. When the ref blew the whistle they headed off onto the court. I took a deep breath and sat next to Will
Danning.

“Nervous?” I asked him. I had coached this kid so well. And now he doesn’t even need my help. He’d even took the guy’s advice on style and was no longer dorky. Will was cute with shaggy golden hair that managed to shadow his pretty hazel eyes. And he had a cute lopsided grin.

“Sort of.” He smiled, “But you seem more nervous than me.”

“I got school spirit” I winked. He laughed.

_________________

I wasrapidly pacing the sideline and watching the game intently. It wasclose. So close. Too close. The ball was constantly being turned over to opposite sides of the court. The players’ would get it then, it would get stolen. Each player was sweaty and breathing hard, not willing to let their exhaustion cost them the game. This was make or break for everyone. New York was on the line. Championships were on the line. That was enough for them to keep going. Enough for me to resist looking away for anything. This is where my focus was.

Then my main focus became #24. With 8 seconds left to the game, Nick Jonas had stolen the ball at the other team’s free throw line and took a millisecond to contemplate running. He threw his arm back, poised for a long throw, and launched the basketball to the basket. I could’ve pissed my pants as the ball soared across the air and swished in the net as the timer went blaring. As soon as the ball made, I was sprinting over to Nick, screaming wildly. He caught me when I jumped into his arms, his hands on my butt, supporting my weight.

I kissed him hard, and he returned the aggression, before I decided to breathe and congratulate him.

“Babe you did it! You made it! Oh Baby you scored!” I yelled and kissed him again. And Again. And some more.

“Whoo Jonas! Way to celebrate New York!” Someone hooted. I even heard the announcer put his two cents in about us, but it didn’t matter. I was so proud of Nick.

He finally put me down. The team was still cheering and whooping while West High left the gym disappointed. I kissed his cheek before running to hug Will and the other players I’d become friends with.

“Okay guys,” Coach Davis smiled after
we’d calmed a bit. I was sitting on Nick’s lap and absentmindedly pushing the curly hair from his sweaty forehead.

”The bus will be coming here in two hours. Got a nice one with t.v’s and everything. Go home and get showered cuz you stink. Then get back this way. Be here at least 10 minutes early so Kylie can take roll and get everything settled.”

Coach even had the guys have a round of applause in my honor. All my dedication to the team, he thought, was praiseworthy. Nick got his gym bag and grabbed my hand so we could leave.

“You did so good” I gushed into the night as we walked.

“I’m exhausted Kylez.” He sighed leaning against me.

“Don’t worry,love. You can sleep once we’re on
the bus” I kissed his head.

“I love you.” I whispered randomly.

“I love you too” He kissed my forehead.

I counted to make sure there were twenty-five of us standing outside the bus in the freezing night before deciding we were ready. We shuffled onto the bus, claiming seats. Nick and I snagged seats in the back. Will and Lyles sat at the seats next to us, while Carter and Sharden sat in front of us. Although there was snow outside, the bus was nice and warm so my legs were comfortable in the shorts I was wearing.

“You smell nice” I sniffing Nick’s hair while he layed his head on my chest and laughed.

He put his nose to my boobs which made me laugh. “You too” He smiled.

I shake my head and pull out my i-Pod, giving him an ear bud to listen also. I put on my tAkE it SlOW playlist before adjusting my pillow and closing my eyes, my fingers playing in Nick’s hair. The day had made me really tired so I fell into slumber pretty quickly. But not before feeling Nick kiss my forehead. Then I smiled into sleep.


NiCk. P.O.V_


Kylie’s fingers stopped curling themselves into my hair and fell limp is what told me she was sleep. I was still listening to her i-Pod, ‘One in a Million’ by Hannah Montana. It made me smirk to myself thinking about a comment I would’ve made. How queer. Which it was. But I wasn’t going to change it.

“Comfortable Jonas?” Carter’s head popped up over his seat, wearing a smirk.

“As much as I can be on this bus?”

“Yeah. Kylie looks like she’s got the cushion to make it easier.”

“Suck it, Man.” I rolled my eyes.

“So I’m guessing you haven’t gotten any yet?”

“What makes you say that?” I furrowed my eyebrows. And why would he need to know? What me and Kylie did was about us. I swear, Carter could be a dick sometimes.

“Because the whole point of you two was for you to bang. And you’re still with her. So evidently, she hasn’t given it.”

Oh. I’d forgot about that deal I made almost 4 months ago. It seemed so long ago. And so unreal. Because now I wouldn’t dare of hurting any girl like that. To use her. But I was. Am I still? Even though I regret the bet and no longer honor it? Even though I love Kylie and want to be with her?

“C’mon Jonas. Whats up with this?”

“Lets just cut the deal off, Carter.” I sighed, taking the headphone out of my ear.

“What? Your backing out? Don’t be a pussy Jonas”

That set something in me off. The player in me. It crept its way to the surface.

“No.” I said simply, not sure what to say.

“Obviously you are.” He taunted.

“Whatever. It’s not difficult for me to get what I want.”

“Then what’s the holdup, bro?”

“No holdup. By the end of next week.”
My worse, uncaring side declared.

“Perfect.” He turned back around in his seat. I instantly regretted reawakening the bet. Putting my relationship with Kylie on the line? It hardly seemed worth it.

I rearranged myself to hold her to my chest, rubbing her back. An assurance that I loved her. That nothing was worth losing her. Not even my rep?


End P.O.V_

Third Person


Will Danning watched Nick and Carter’s exchange. And it instantly angered him. He knew Jonas was a snake. And Kylie was way too good for him. She was perfect. Nick was just an asshole. A women using asshole.

But was he to do about it? It wasn’t his place to touch the situation. But then again it was. Since Kylie had that fight with Shayne and Cody, he’d become like a brother to her. No matter if she forgave Cody anyway. So would he let this prick hurt her? It looked like Nick loved her, but his manhood was of importance. If it wasn’t like that, he would have called off the bet right there without hesitation. He loved Kylie. Of course. And she loved him. So what to do?