Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

5 Months

Being in the hype of all this basketball stuff, I almost forgot me and Nick’s 5 month anniversary. I mean I’m not like a crazy lovefreak about it. I just like to remember. Especially 5 months, I never planned for this. Then again… I never planned anything like this with Nick…

Sighing, I climbed out of the bed. I needed something to drink on if I was going to be thinking. Since I’m proud of 5 months, I wanna do something. It wouldn’t even bother me if Nick didn’t remember. I didn’t expect that.

“Hiii” The perky blonde at the counter greeted me. At 7 a.m, she should stop.

“Hey,” I ran my hand through my hair,” Lemme get a Caramel Frap. Extra Caramel. And a green tea Frap.”

“Sure. That all?”
“Yep.” I yawned.

“Ohhh. Didn’t get enough sleep?” She asked as I pulled out my money.

“How can you tell?” I joked, laughing lightly.

“Oh your hair is a mess, Sweetie.” She laughed. Ohh, so it wasn’t the yawning that gave you the idea? Just my bedhair.

“Oh really? I thought our hair was looking the same. Your’s just had those hideous bangs. Were you sleepy this morning too?” I asked with a fake smile. Her face turned shocked then squinched.

“You can wait over there for your order.” She said icily. I smiled.

“’Preciate it.” I winked and went to stand and wait. The guy went pretty quickly, getting me what I asked for in record time.

“Thanks.” I nodded and left quickly, seeing as he was about to flirt with me. Why should I? I had everything in Nick. No other guy has been in mind for almost 5 months. Let’s be honest, Nick didn’t have my heart right away.

I slid the keycard and opened the door. Nick was still sleep, one arm out of the covers. I smiled absentmindedly as I made my way over to him.

“Mmm. Baby.” I kissed Nick’s lips once I sat his green tea on the nightstand.

He moved a little bit. I kissed him again and got his eyes open.

“Mm. Yeah?” He yawned, turning on his side and closing his eyes again.

“I got you some Starbucks.” I told him rubbing his back in circles. He took a deep breath before, stretching and sitting up.

“Thanks,” Nick kissed my cheek before taking a sip. ”What time do we have to go to practice?”

“By ten we have to be at the gym. Then at four its practice. I’m gonna skip practice, though.” I said, my hand still lying on his back, eyes wandering his.

“Oh. Why?”

“Just don’t feel up to it. Might go shopping or something.”

“I wanna go.” He said, something I didn’t think he’d do. The whole point of me skipping practice was to plan Friday. I couldn’t do that with him going with me! It defeats the element of surprise!

“No, Babe. What’s coach gonna think if the star player misses practice?” I smiled teasingly.

“I’ll say I’m sick. And of course he’s gonna tell me to sleep on it, then he’ll tell you to keep an eye on me.” Nick predicted, knowingly. I sighed. He was right. ”He’s knocking on the doors to wake us up right?”

“Mhm.” I confirmed,” Should be here in about 30 minutes or so.”

“Perfect.”

“Well I’m gonna go get in the shower. Watch t.v. or something.” I got up off the bed and put my frappucino in the fridge before getting my things together.

&&

“Hold on!” I called coming out of the bathroom and going to the door. I turned to Nick, “Look like shit. Or at least try.” I smirked and he nodded while laughing. How would it be possible for something that cute to look like shit? Impossible, I’m sure. I ran to turn the sink on hot.

“Here. Put you’re head off the bed.” I grabbed a warm water bottle from off the table where it was sitting in the sun. He looked at me confused before doing what I said. I uncapped the bottle and poured some all over his head to make it look believable. Then, I ran back to the sink to get a washcloth, ran it under the water and went back to Nick. I used the bigger towel to cover the wet spot on the ground.

“Shit, that’s hot, Kyle.” He hissed as I dabbed the cloth on his chest and neck.

“I know. Just hold on.” I finished and went to the door.

“Sup Coach?” I smiled as I answered the door.

“Making sure everybody’s getting’ their butts up. I hope Nick’s up. I mean he was up enough to come over here.” Mr. Davis smirked. I blushed.

“He’s sick, Davis. He came over because his stomach was bothering him.”

“Oh really?” His face fell. He was probably worried Nick wouldn’t get better. He started into the room to see Nick’s condition.

“Mhm. He even puked on my floor. Had to put him in the shower and clean it up.” I told him.

Mr. Davis looked at the towel on the ground covering the water I spilled. That was the ‘puke’. He reached out to feel Nick’s forehead.

“Oh, you’re all hot and clammy.” He sighed.

“I’m good, Coach. “ Nick said in a raspy voice. From behind Mr. Davis i gave a thumb up.

“Mmm. Stay in bed today. We can’t have you looking like shit. We need you, Jonas.” He told him before turning to me.

“Kyle. Skip out today and watch him for me. Make sure he doesn’t do anything, kay?”

“Of course. I’ll see you later.” I promised. After he left, a big smile spread over my face. If it was one thing I was good at, it was lying.

“Nice job, Babe.” I commented Nick while he dried off with a towel.

“I should say the same to you, Nice thinking.” He kissed my lips before heading to the bathroom.” After I shower, we can leave.”

“Kay.” I called before switching on the t.v.

&&

“You’re such a dork,” Nick laughed as I stopped dancing with some guy on the corner. I winked at the guy before catching back up with Nick and jumping on his back

“But you still love me,” I smiled, cheekily.

“Forever.” He craned his neck to kiss my lips, making me smile. We continued down the street, him carrying me on his back.

“Ohh!” I squealed,” Nick look at them! They are so cute.” I stared at the puppies in the display with awe. ”Let’s go in.” I urged him, smacking his butt.

“Keep smacking my ass and people are gonna call the police on you, Pervert.” He walked into the pet store and I jumped off.

“Nuh-uh. You know you like it.” I winked before holding his hand and looking at the animals.

“I. love. Her.” I stated, seeing a little white, brown, and black puppy.

“She’s cute.” He agreed, petting her.

“You can pick her up if you’d like.” The lady told us. I thanked her and lifted the puppy out of the glass bin.

“Look at her. She’s beautiful.” I raised her up and settled her back into the arms. Nick looked at me with a smile, probably because of how smitten I was with the dog. After a while I sighed and put her back in. I couldn’t buy a dog. Not today at least. Maybe after the school year, since I just got that job at the book store.

“C’mon, let’s go.” I smiled at Nick and reclaimed his hand. He looked from me to the dog and back to me.

“You don’t want her?”

“Of course, I’d love her. But I can’t right now. It’s fine.” I sighed.” C’mon.” I tugged on his hand and we left.