Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Not Long Ago

“See you tomorrow, Coach,” Me and Nick said our goodbyes to Mr.Davis, smiling tiredly as we went to his car. It was currently 9 a.m but the bus drive wasn’t very lively considering everyone stayed up all night partying. The Colts had won the Championship! Undeafeted all season. Saying we were proud was an understatement. But I was especially proud of Nick and Will. It wasn’t even Carter who helped Nick get the last shots, it was Will, the nerdy guy I coached so he could make the team. The thought of my two favorite guys working together brought a smile so wide, it hurt my cheeks.

“I’d like to go back to your house.” Nick said once we were in the car. I demanded I drive since Nick was more exhausted than I seemed to be. He should be, my little game saving heroe…

“But don’t you wanna tell everybody the news?” I asked him, pulling out of the parking lot.

“Mmmm. I wanna get some rest. There’s so many of us at my house.”

“I miss your bed.” I argued him. I didn’t want to be at my house. It felt weird since Renee was gone with her boyfriend for another two weeks. I was happy she was finally getting to do stuff without being worried about me being home alone. She was getting to live now that I had Nick.

“Ugghh,” He grumbled, “Fine.”

“Good. I missed Frankie.” I stated, a smile on my lips. I took one hand off the wheel and rested it on the middle compartment.

“Hey,” Nick said, grabbing hold of my hand,” I love you.” It made me blush and my smile widen.

“I love you, too” I kissed his hand.

We pulled into the driveway behind Joe’s car, blocking him in. I got out the car and grabbed my stuff out of the backseat.

“I got iiiittt!” I heard Joe scream and then the door thumped. “Moooommmmyyyyy.” He whined from behind the closed door. I burst into laughter knowing he’d hit the door.

“Really, Joe?” I heard Kevin say before he opened the door.

“Hey, guys. You win?” He asked letting us in the house.

“You know it!” Me and Nick shouted at the same time. Kevin laughed.

“Kylie, do you see this? No one cares about me?” He whined from the floor, holding his side.

“Awww. I got you, Joe.” I bent down and kissed his head. He smiled a toothy grin.

“Thank you, Kylie.” He said before jumping up and running away somewhere. Nick and Kevin had already disappeared upstairs with our stuff. I got up from the ground and went into the kitchen were I could tell Denise was cooking.

“Hey mommy.” I went and hugged her as she stood over the stove making French toast.

“Hey, sweetheart.” She kissed my cheek.

“Ahhh. It feels pretty good to be back.” I sighed, sitting on a stool.

“Heh, I’d hope so. How’d they do?”

“We won!” I cheered and she laughed,” Nick and Will brought it home for us.”

“Will Danning, right?”

“Yep.” I nodded, stealing a piece of bacon from a plate while she wasn’t looking.

“I just talked to his mom at the store. She said he’s really opened up. And she told me it was because of you being there for him.” She smiled at me over her shoulder and I blushed. “You’re a really nice girl, Kylie.”

“Ehh. I’m not all that great.”

“Oh yes you are. You changed my sons, even I can see that.” She said. I knew she was telling the truth.

“You look tired. Go get some sleep, hun.” She told me and I nodded, getting a bottle of water before I trudged up the steps.

“It’s cold in here, Nick. Don’t you close your window?” I asked, walking over and sitting on his bed while he put his clothes in the hamper and other stuff. My baby was a neat freak.

“I thought I did. The only person who keeps their window open is…” He trailed off and the yelled, ”Joe!”

“You rang?” Joe appeared in the doorway.

“Why were you sleeping in my room?” Nick asked, eyebrow raised. I laughed quietly to myself. Joe’s face fell then he started to bluff.

“Whaaatt?” His voice went high,” I- pshhh- you’re room?-pshh why would I do that?”

“Joe.” We both said in a stern voice, mine mocking.

“Okay. Fine. I did, only because my room color in the dark looked super creepy after I saw My Bloody Valentine and I was super creeped out and I didn’t even go in there because I thought I could die and I don’t wanna die so I just went into you’re room.” He rambled, his hands flying like crazy.

Nick was mad and I thought it was hysterical. “You big baby!” I laughed, pointing at Joe while he glared at me and Nick glared at him.

“Dude, get out.” Nick sighed and started to strip the sheets from his bed. I knew he was tired so it was beyond me why he was doing his whole room right now.

“Baby.” I came up behind him, placing one hand on his while the other rested on his hip. “C’mon. I know you’re sleepy. You go get in the shower and I’ll make sure your bed is perfect when you come out.” I told him quietly.

He looked skeptical before sighing and nodding.

“Take it easy,” I called to him as he disappeared out of the room. I started singing to myself as I got the bed completely shed and I turned to get more out of the closet when I saw Joe, a stack in his hands.

“Thanks.” I said taking the from his hands and dressing Nick’s bed in them.

“Uhh, Kylie. I…I meant to talk to you…” He sighed and my stomach dropped. It could only be one thing. That one, stupid, careless night.

“A-b-bout what?” I asked quietly, not looking at him.

“Well I… a few weeks ago actually, I saw you and Frankie at the movies.” He said. I didn’t see what was so wrong with that. I always took Frankie to the movies. “And I saw you with her.” He told me.

That’s what it was. Much worse. He saw me with Kathryn. It’s not even like I could say I knew her from somewhere. I hunted her down to get dirt on Nick. Now Joe knew.

“Why?” He asked.

“Joe… I… I promised Frankie… and she” I sighed, sitting on the bed, “It’s complicated.”

“Well you better get to explaining.” He said.

“But I have to get this bed together before Nick comes,” I said trying to stall.

“You can do both,” he said. I sighed and began the story. He was quiet as I said everything,not commenting once. When I finished we were sitting on the floor, drawing patterns in the carpet.

“Are you going to tell him?” He asked me. I scrunched my eyebrows together while staring at the ground.

“How? He doesn’t need to know. It’s over.”

“How? Kylie you promised Frankie that he could see her.” Joe argued and then I remembered what Frankie told me before.

“He told me he didn’t need to see her anymore. That he saw what she said to me and that he only needed me ‘cause I was his sister.” I smiled at the memory.

“Kylle.” Joe sighed, “You guys can’t… you can’t just do that… and what about what we did?” He asked quietly. He knew better than to bring that up.

“That never happened.”

“You can’t do that. You know it did, no matter how much we regret it.”

“It’ll hurt him.” I whispered.

“You think I like lying to my brother?” He whispered harshly, “He’s in love with you and never knowing some of the things you’ve done.”

“Fuck off, Joe. Okay? I’m not about to go through this with you.” I got to my feet and dug through my bag of clothes I hadn’t worn, pulling out my underwear and bra before grabbing a tee shirt. I pulled a pair of neatly folded boxers from Nick’s drawer before heading to the other bathroom down the hall.

&&

“Baaaabbbe,” Nick sighed and I knew it was because I’d stolen his boxers.

“I can take themoff if you want,” I bit my bottom lip, teasingly. He smirked as he lay in the bed with his hands behind his head.

“That’d be awesome.” He said and I giggled before letting the slip down to my feet. The tee shirt I had on wasn’t long enough to cover my boyshorts as they peeked out.

“Cute.” Nick commented when I showed him that the back said ‘Juicy’. “C’mere.” He beckoned me to the bed and I did, climbing in next to him. What happened with Joe almost 30 minutes ago didn’t matter right now. Everything that worries me disappears when Nick is with me. I was grateful for that.

He placed his arm around me and let his hand rest on low on my hip. I had my head on his shoulder, cuddled up at his side.

“Hmmm,” I sighed contentedly while my finger drew patterns across him stomach. Then I thought of something that I’d meant to ask Nick.

“Babe?”

“Mhm?”

“What was up with you and Carter. It was like you guys weren’t buddy buddy like always.” I said. Sometimes while we were all out somewhere or in the poolroom, Carter would be around Nick, joking for awhile ‘til Nick got a pissed look on his face and walked away. It was weird because they were like bestfriends.

I felt his body tense up and knew I was right. They weren’t getting along.

“You already know Carter can be a douche. He’s just acting retarted, I guess.”

“You okay?” I asked, looking up at him. He sighed before looking at my eyes.

“I’m more than okay whenever I’m with you.” Awwww! How cute!.

I blushed, not knowing what to say.

“I remember a time when Kylie Brooks always had a quirky comeback,” Nick teased. Ahh, it was true. I was a fast acting kind of girl. I still was that girl, but I still changed because of Nick. A change that was caused by the love we had.

“Oh be quiet. I remember a time when Nick Jonas didn’t say anything unless it involved some action.” I teased him, laughing when he didn’t say anything.

“That was a long time ago. We were different.” He told me, flipping me so I was straddling him.

“True. I kinda miss it though.” I said, tilting my head to the side, a small smile on my lips.

“Sex talk?” He asked with a smirk and I giggled.

“Mhm.” I bit my lip to keep the smile away. His hands moved to my butt and he positioned me over his middle where I could feel him underneath me. I moaned softly.

“Well I wouldn’t mind…” He trailed off suggestively and I shook my head.

“Too many people here. Maybe another time.” I kissed him and he sighed. “Now c’mon. Mommy made some food.”

“I knew we should’ve went to your house,” He grumbled as I pulled on his hands ‘til he got out of the bed.

“Ohh I know.” I hummed, “I would’ve loved for you to go down on me right about now,” I whispered in his ear and felt him shiver. “Guess I’ll just have to wait” I frowned walking out the door.

“Damn you, Kylie.” I heard him mutter and I smirked.