Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Guesses

I spotted Cody on the way to meet Shayne for lunch. THAT boy is one of my bestest friends, the onlyone I would never dare to hurt. Besties since birth, I guess you could say.

"Cody!" I screamed as I jumped on his back, laughing. Everyone in the hall looked at us. "Hey Kyle." He laughed.

I jumped down from Cody's back and we started to walk to lunch. These freakin three inch wedges are no joke! I went to the snack bar and bought me a Pepporoni Pizza and a Vitamin water and went to Our table to wait on Shayne and Cody. I took my purse off and grabbed my phone out of it to tell them to hurry their butts because I think I had a new challenge.
Then I grabbed my newest novel Plain Truth

"Hey there Babe." I looked up to see Nick. Nope I wasn't wrong about him, he is my type of guy.

"Hi" I said simply.

"So you eat lunch alone all the time?" He asked as he sat across from me.

"Actually, I'm waiting on my friends, they should be here soon. But you can still stay."

"I wasn't planning on leaving" He smirked. Wow, new guy didn't hold back. Usually they take a while and get the feel of everything.

I sent him a smile."So lemme guess. You play basketball?"

"How'd you know?"

"You look like the type." I said simply. "So why don't you go sit with the other players?" I asked, but immediately got an idea. "Here I'll go introduce you." I stood up and held out my hand. He looked at my hand, then me and smirked as he took it.

We made our way over to the table with the jocks and cheerleaders.

"Hey! Sup Kylie?! Why aren't you sittin with us today?" Jason Lyles asked.

"I need a break from you guys!" I joked, not really though. "But I came to give you guys a new buddy! His name is Nick Jonas." I said. Me and Nick still had our hands held and I looked at Micheal who was looking at Nick with a sharp glare. "He's for basketball."

Everyone introduced themselves, all those slutty cheerleaders who ThoughtI loved to hang with them were checking him out hard.
They sent their flirty waves and in this I managed to slip out of Nick's hand and make my way to my table again.

"Sooo. Who was that Kyle?" Cody asked with a teasing look.

"My newest project." I smiled evily. "Nick Jonas.Senior. Basketball Player. Total player. Soon to be my greatest acheivement." I gave his status.
Shayne and Cody laughed and nodded.

After school I saw Mr. Davis. my P.E teacher, in the hall. "Hey There Mister Dude!" I called. He was the best teacher in the whole school. He saw me and smiled. "Hey Kylie. Where are you headin?" He asked as I followed in step with him toward the doors. "Uh..Home. You?" I asked.

"Well actually I was going to the MPR to see who came to sign up for Basketball this year. Wanna help a brotha out?"

I laughed and then remembered Nick. Well it was his first day so he might not have known, but there are other try outs too.

"Of course! Can I help throughout the season?! I wouldn't DARE cheerlead!" I told him.

He laughed. "Sure Kid" I smiled and we made out way towards the Audotorium. And since a known thing is if you go to first tryouts you have a better chance, there was lots of people in there. Then I remembered what I was wearing in this room full of perverts.

"Hey Coach! Lemme run home and change first!"
He looked at my ensamble. "Good Idea." I smiled and waved and I went to my locker and changed to my P.E shoes and ran home. I went up to my room and put on a pair of black basketball shorts and a purple tank over a black one with my purple Converse.

I changed bags to grabbing my small Nike bag and left back to the school.
I walked in and sat at the table with Mr. Davis and followed his directions to write down their names and assign them numbers. I went smoothly, avoided the boy's tries at conversation and assigned numbers.
"Name?" I asked not looking up.

"Nick Jonas." I looked up and he smiled, flirting. I shook my head in a joking manner and gave him a number. "You can't just get rid of me."

"Oh just watch me Hun." I smirked and he walked away with a smile.
I finished assigning people and Mr.Davis and I walked to where the boys were sitting in the bleachers. "Hey listen up! We are about to do this. But introductions, if we must. I'm coach Davis and this lil lady right here." He said pointing to me."Is Kylie, she gonna be helping me out this season." Then some catcalls erupted. I just rolled my eyes and looked at Mr. Davis. He did the same. "Okay then! Lets get this started.Maybe her presence will help y’all step your game up! God knows ya need it!" He called. I erupted in laughter.

Mr. Davis had me demonstrate the stuff the boys would have to do. I was a pretty good athlete so I wasn't neccessarily nervous. The male species doesn't really phase me anymore. After a while I needed to hear something other than skidding shoes and basketballs against the floorboards. I went over and plugged in the i-Home they keep in the equipment room with my i-Pod, turning on Paramore. "Naw Kyle! They need a somethin' more upbeat! Get 'em right Girl!" I heard Mr. Davis say. I smiled and turned on his kind of music. Kool and The Gang. I turned around and saw him groovin to 'Celebrate'. Such an old guy.

After tryouts Mr. Davis told me to tell them the choosing process and so on as he went to the office real quick.

"Okay guys today was only the first tryouts. If you don't think you did too hot come back next Thursday. That option is available to you. We will be posting a list of those of you who are qualified to be one the team but that list isn't official. We will narrow the team down to only 16 people or so. As you can see there are way more than 16 of you so not everyone will make it. BUT we do have a varsity team for those whose skills are good enough to play somewhere. So I guess thats it. Umm..The list will be posted on The doors of the P.E locker. Any questions?" I asked. All the the guys I knew as jerks raised their hands. "If its anything that doesn't involve Basketball I'll kick your asses for some perv comment" I warned and everyone's hand shot down.

Then one boy who didn't do a good job raised his hands. "Could you help me practice? It looks like you know what your doing out there." He asked nervously. All the other boys laughed. "You Shut the hell up! At least he had the balls to ask. More than half of you could use the practice WAY more than he could." Then I directed my attention toward him. "I would love to help you out. Here come with me. The rest of you guys are excused." He followed me over to where my stuff was.

"Your Will right?" I asked putting my things back into my bag.

"Yeah" He smiled, happy I knew his name. "Well Will I can't do it today, but I can come early in the morning tomorrow so we could practice? You in?"

"Sure! Thanks alot!" He said excited. I nodded and left. Yeah I'm not some stuck up chick I love to help other people. It's sort of a weakness, it's not my fault i like to make people happy. Well, some people at least.

"Hey Baby." Nick slung his sweaty arm over my shoulder.

"Eww Jonas You have the cooties!" I pushed his arm off.

"You were pretty good in there. And I like your attitude. You my kinda girl Ms. Brooks" He teased following me.

"Yeah you weren't to bad yourself." I said ignoring his comment.

"So it looks like were gonna be spendin sometime together now."
I turned around and went very close to him, our bodies pushed together. I looked up into his eyes, he was staring back and forth from my lips to my eyes.

"Yeah...I guess so" Was all I said. I walked back home.