Status: Finished

A Thousand ***'s; I Love You

Chapter 20 - Perfection

Patty walked out of the front door and down the three steps of the front porch. We shook her hand and followed her inside.

The foyer was huge with a large Prussian rug. We followed her to the kitchen where she proceeded to tell us that a middle age couple had built the house a few years ago once their children had all moved on to college. The husband had died a couple months back in a work related accident and the wife had been distraught. With the settlement money from her husbands case she had just up and left Jersey.

The kitchen was beautiful, with skylights and a large bay window in front of the sink. It was rather large and would be perfect for dinner parties or Holiday get togethers. All the counter tops were dark granite and the cupboards were stained black. The appliances were all stainless steel and extremely new. There was a pair of sliding glass doors that lead to a huge deck. The back yard seemed to have quite a bit of land and I could just make out a fire pit a couple hundred yards back.

We didn’t talk much mostly listened as Patty walked us through. There were five bedrooms; three upstairs and two downstairs in the fully finished basement. Along with the five bedrooms there was four bathrooms; one in the master bedroom and another upstairs, and two downstairs (one in the guest room).

Patty told us the reason that the house was so much more expensive was because it came fully furnished. The only thing we would truly need to do was put some paint on the walls. The white was starting to make me feel like I was in an institution.

The master bedroom was huge and the master bath had an amazing looking jet tub that was just big enough for two! All the other bedrooms were decent sized. The farther we ventured into the house the more I fell in love with it. It almost felt to good to be true but Patty had assured us that we had been the only ones to show any really interest in the house, and if we wanted it we probably wouldn’t even have to beat someone else’s offer.

Patty walked us down the stairs to the basement. There was another family room, and a fireplace that matched the one upstairs. I turned and looked at Gerard when I saw the pool table we both smirked, we could totally put that to good use.

There was a long hall at one end of the basement and on each side was a bedroom. The one on the left was a lot smaller but Gerard seemed to love it. It had plenty of storage in the closet and three windows to let in a lot of natural light. I knew right away that Gerard would use this room for a studio.

The guest room was a bit smaller than the master was, but just as nice. She showed us the downstairs bathroom then took us back upstairs to the kitchen. Patty explained some of the finer details and told us that if we wanted it we would be able to get it.

She got up and allowed Gerard and I to talk together about it. Gerard and I didn’t even really need to talk, we both knew that this would be our house. It was everything we had both wanted but hadn’t ever dreamed of.

We called Patty back in and told her that we wanted it. She told us that we would have to stop by her office tomorrow and sign all the papers, and in three weeks (after a cleaning crew came) it would be ours. We shook hands with her again on the way out and got back into the car.

Once inside I was all over Gerard. He chuckled but held my hips as I straddled his lap. I lightly sucked on his neck.

I lay my head against his chest and sighed, “Everything just seems so right, y’know?”

Gerard brought his hands around my waist and pulled me tight against him kissing the top of my head, “It really does baby.” He breathed out.

We stayed silent just being close to each other when Gerard broke the silence, “So I was thinking, maybe we could leave for Japan earlier like after we sign the papers. That way we could relax for a couple weeks before we have to come back and make our house a home.”

I looked him in the eye, “Sounds perfect, you’re perfect.”

“Not as perfect as you are.” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe this is twenty chapters long! It's all because of my readers and the people who comment. Without you guys I would have given up on this a long time ago. I realize how cliche this fic is (but cut me some slack it was my first) so thanks for sticking with it. I am trying to undo some of its cliche-ness. I hope you liked the update, the house was a combination of my dream house, and the house my Aunt and Uncle built last summer.

Erika