Status: Finished

A Thousand ***'s; I Love You

Chapter 25 - What does he want?

I woke up at nine the next morning to the phone ringing. I turned to make sure Gerard was still sleeping before picking it up.

"H-hello?" I asked yawning.

"You're not still in bed are you?" I smiled at the motherly nag in her voice.

"Yes mom, What do ya need?"

"It's...Well your Father called." She said almost nervously.

My father? I didn't even remember my father. Was she seriously talking about the asshole who left when I was three? The father who I was named after? The one who was to much of a coward to show his face, and would send me a card every Halloween with fifty bucks like it would make a difference.

"What does he want?" Even I'll admit my tone was a bit (lot) hostile.

I turned in time to see Gerard's left eye crack open. He frowned and opened the other when he noticed I was upset.

"He wants to- to make things right, he's dying sweetheart." I always knew my Mother still loved him, but the sob she let out only reinforced it.

My face fell, no matter how much I had hated the man who's blood ran through my veins, he was still my father. No matter how bitter I had been in my earlier years I still loved him.

"I- how much longer does he have?" My voice cracked, and I could feel Gerard at my side slipping his arms around me.

"There's a tumor," She stopped and I thought I lost her, "It's on his brain. He- he's already lost sight in one eye, they're giving him less than three months."

"Oh God, when does he want to meet?"

"Today if possible, he has to pick up his daughter from school. He just wants to meet for coffee before that."

"I can do that, New York, right?"

"Yes, I'll call him and tell him to meet you, is the Starbucks on 10th and Broadway alright, say around 2:30?

"That's fine Ma, I should go I love you." I waited for her reply before hanging up.

XxXxXxXxXxX

"Why wont you go with me?" I asked, hugging him at the door.

"You need to sort things out with your Father, but if everything goes well we can invite him and his family over. I love you."

"Love you too." I said kissing his cheek before walking out the door.

After I had hung up with my Mom I had let Gerard hold me for a whole hour before I started explaining. I hadn't cried but I had been damn near close the whole day.

It had never crossed my mind not to meet him, although I was still mad that he hadn't contacted me earlier. I was also mad at myself, because when I turned 18 I could have found him. Instead I held a grudge, and now I only had three months with him, probably less.

I finally allowed myself to cry in the silence of the car, for once no music played. Mom said he had a daughter. I had a half sister, how old was she? I hoped he had pictures. Was he married? Divorced? A single parent? I had so man questions.

Before I knew it the fifty minute drive was over and I was in the heart of The Big Apple. I walked into the all familiar coffeehouse, and looked around. I wasn't sure what he looked like or what he was wearing.

A man in the corner wearing dark sunglasses caught my eye, "Dad?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter I said that this story was winding to an end. Alright so I lied, sue me. I was in Biology today and plot bunnies totally bit me in the ass. I can't honestly tell you how much longer this fic will be, but it'll be longer then the next two chapters I originally planned. I also have plans for a sequal (yeah they were BIG plot bunnies)! Please be sure to tell me what you think. Sorry it is so short, but I needed to introduce the new situation.