Starting to Get An Attraction

Seven.

Lunch was safe. There was massive awkward silence that would’ve made me feel uncomfortable under normal circumstances but with a guy who jumpstarts my hormones? Yeah, I was welcoming the silence.

I think he was disappointed though. I mean, big rock star who has fans that want to jump his bones constantly can’t even flirt with cold fish me? It must be a major blow to his ego.

I know I just referred to myself as a ‘cold fish’, but why not? My ex called me that once he broke up with me, well he called me a lot of things, and it really was my fault I didn’t want to open up my legs to him. Good thing too, ‘cause it turned out he was a just another jackass wanting to deflower the klutzy virgin.

Damn, a little bitter here.

I shook my head and was a little surprised when Matt opened the car door for me once we left the restaurant.

In the car, as he drove, I took the opportunity to look at him really good. His dark hair was cut short, but it was long enough to make me want to drive my fingers through them, it seemed soft. He had a strong jaw and an expression that was serious, like he could withstand all levels of Hell and still kick your ass. Suddenly he looked at me, I was caught. I quickly looked away, blushing, but not before catching that smile. It triggered his dimples, his very swoon worthy dimples. And the way he looked at me, it was like damn. His hardened expression had made a complete turnaround when he glanced at me. His hazel eyes were filled with compassion. His features had softened and weirdly enough his face had worry written over it, as if my silence was disheartening and cause to worry over.

I kind of liked the fact that I was the one to make him do that.

No! Bad thoughts!

Besides, the moment was pretty much spoiled (my drooling over him as well) when he caught me and laughed. Stupid jackass. Hmph. God, if I wasn't touching I might as well look, shit.

The thought of touching, brought an image of him and me, his strong hands lifting me up, kissing me. The feel of the cool metal as I kissed him. Me rubbing my hand up and down his arms, covered with tattoos--Oh hell no! Stop the horniness.

The car stopped and I looked out the window. Matt opened his door but I grabbed his hand before he got out of the car. He remained seated but looked at my questioningly.

“Where are we?” I asked quickly.

“At the park,” he said slowly.

“Um why?”

“To meet up with the guys,” he said and made an effort to get out but I stopped him.

“What? Why? I can’t face them! It was a task talking to you but I will die of embarrassment!” I said to him. Matt laughed. “It’s really not funny!”

“Oh it is. But come on Ria. The guys won’t make you feel bad about anything and they would really like to talk to you. I mean that night, you were really trying to avoid talking to them, and we all know you were embarrassed but honestly, it’s okay.”

“Ummm, but I have work still! You were supposed to drop me back!” I said. I know I was making up excuses (God knows Ray wouldn’t care if I came back to work today) but I really can’t face those guys.

Matt sent me a ‘get real’ look and scoffed, getting out of the car. I glared at him as he walked around and opened the door for me. I continued to glare at him, even while taking the hand he offered.

“Oh don’t be like that,” he said and then added. “Besides you’ll get to meet the girls.”

He took my hand. I huffed and let go of his hand. I could damn well walk on my own.

Um, wrong.

As soon as I walked away from Matt, I knew there was a root there, I really did, but I tripped over it anyway. It’s not my fault my brain and feet don’t coordinate well. I shut my eyes tightly and waited to fall. I breathed out when I felt Matt’s arm wrap around my waist, bracing me from the fall. But it also had me up against him. I could feel his breaths, uneven, tickle my ears and I heard him clearly as he whispered, laughing softly. “Why do I have a sense of déjà vu?”

I narrowed my eyes and pulled away from him. Refusing to turn to him, I said, “Uh I fell on you the first time. Big difference.” Pathetic Ria. Big difference my ass! I heard him laugh and damn if that laugh was getting on my nerves. It was extremely appealing but hmph.

“Ria,” he dragged out my name and I turned to him.

“What?” I asked. His eyes were pleading and he gave me a half smile, outstretching his hand. I glared at him and took it, we both started walking together in the park. “This changes nothing you know.”

“Uhuh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
OKIE... I want comments! NOW!

kidding :)

But I would appreciate some anyways :)