Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Twelve.

I stepped out of the shower, after playing a baseball game with the girls and guys. We stopped and got hotel rooms, since we’d be staying in Richmond, Virginia for a few days, before our next show. Of course, the couples had paired up leaving only Zacky and I to share a room. Oh, and did I mention a bed? Yeah, we’ll be sharing a bed.

I dried myself off, before realizing I didn’t bring any clothes into the bathroom with me. Sighing, I peeked my head out of the door, no Zacky. I ran over to the bead, hearing voices by the door, signaling that Zacky and they guys had come back from lunch. I quickly grabbed everything I’d need and made a mad dash of the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I heard Zacky walk into the room, laughing about a joke Jimmy had said.

“Oh! What is this?” I heard Jimmy exclaim, picking up something in front of the bathroom door.

My eyes widened looking through my clothes, before slapping myself in the head. My panties.

Shit.

I didn’t hear anything besides the shuffle of feet for a few seconds; I heard the door shut and then, more quiet. I opened up the bathroom door, and ran back over to my suitcase.

“Looking for these?” I looked up to see Zacky standing there with my panties in hand, smirking.

“Give me those, Baker.” I said, tightening the towel around my body. “Now.”

He chuckled, “I would have never guessed that you’d wear something like this.” He smirked. “Black is a good color too.”

“You learn something new everyday.” I glared at him, as he started to move closer to me. “Give ‘em to me.”

He smirked, “Only if you agree to go out to dinner with me tonight. Just you and me. Together.” He breathed, with his face only inches away from mine.

I sighed, before taking a deep breath. I had no choice. “Deal. Now, please, hand them over.” He smirked, handing to me and earning a well-earned slap across the cheek.

We arrived at the restaurant an hour later. Zacky, shyly, took my hand and we walked inside. It was one of those small restaurants in Richmond, looking out over James River.

“Is this okay?” Zacky asked me, once we were seated.

I smiled and nodded. “I’ve actually been here before. It’s been a long while though, I used to live here.”

“Really?” he asked. “I thought you lived in Nashville your whole life.”

“That’s where you have me all wrong, Baker.” I said, smiling. “I moved down there when I was seven.”

The rest of dinner, we talked about our childhoods. I learned that I had actually met him one of the times I went out to visit Matt and his family. They beheaded my favorite Barbie and Ken dolls, the bastards.

Zacky was really surprising me, he hasn’t said anything perverted and hasn’t even attempted to hit on me. Not once, at all. I smiled when two teenage girls walked up to him asking for his autograph and pictures.

“Oh my god! Are you Loree Sanders?” one of the girls exclaimed.

I laughed, sending a wink to Zacky. “Guilty.”

The girls squealed, just enough to make me lose my hearing. “Girl! Your like my idol!” the other girl exclaimed.

I stood up and posed for a few pictures with them.

“Thanks so much,” the one girl, Lola said.

“Your welcome.” Zacky and I replied, in unison, causing us to laugh.

“Wait, are you guys like a couple or something?” Lola asked.

How many times does this girl have to say like? Zacky and I stared at each other. “No, we’re not. Just a couple of friends going out for dinner.” I couldn’t help but notice Zacky’s face fall, as I spoke. It was just two friends eating dinner, right? He never said anything about this being a date, did he?

The girl noticed the change in mood at our table and said their goodbyes. Zacky asked for the check, without looking at me the rest of the time. I sighed, chewing on my straw.

“This was just dinner, right?” I asked him.

“Just forget about it, Loree.” He said.

I’ll take that as a no. We left the restaurant and started back to the rental car.

“I’m taking a walk through the park. You can come if you’d like.” I spoke, walking down the path on the river.

I walked in silence; the only thing that could be heard was a fish jumping out of the water and the crickets. I broke the silence. “When I was six, Rob and I would sneak out of the house and come down here, just to get away for a little bit. We’d always come on a new moon, so whenever I see a new moon I think of him.” I said into the darkness.

Zacky looked over to me. “Ever get caught?”

I laughed. “Only you would ask that. Yes, we fell asleep out here and well, that didn’t really fly.” We took a seat on an empty bench and looked out towards the river.

“Sorry for earlier.” He must’ve noticed me shivering when a slight breeze went through. He took off his sweatshirt and draped it over my shoulders.

I breathed in his scent of cologne and cigarettes. “It’s okay. I didn’t know.” He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. “You think we should head back to the hotel?”

He chuckled. “What are you saying, you don’t like being this close to me?” he asked, pulling me onto his lap.

I giggled, rolling my eyes. “I never said that at all.”

I looked into his emerald green eyes, and for the first time I didn’t see lust, I saw love.

“Can I kiss you?” he whispered. I nodded, and then felt his lips on mine. The kiss was slow and passionate, he cupped my cheek and I ran a hand through his black hair. I nibbled on his bottom lip, before tugging on one of his snakebites, earning a groan in response from him. I smirked, pulling away to breathe.

“You don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to do that.” He breathed, brushing his lips against mine once more. “And we’re sharing a bed tonight.” He added, wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed, pushing him away. “Now, now. Only one step at a time, Baker.” I smirked, taking his hand and walking back to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!