Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Fourteen.

Val’s POV

I walked out of my hotel room, only to have my ears flooded by the sound of someone sobbing. My gaze fell to the floor to the see Loree sitting up against the wall with her head in her hands.

“Loree? What’s wrong?” I asked, dropping down to her level. She said something, but I couldn’t make it out. “What was that?”

“He’s gone.” She replied, sniffling and she wiped her nose on the sleeve of her top.

“Who’s gone?”

“Rob,” she said, her words laced with anguish.

“Who’s—” Then it dawned on me that it was Rob, as in her brother, who was in the Army. “Honey, I’m so so sorry.” I said, hugging her tightly. She barely hugged back; her hands limp around my body as I hugged her. It pained me. She looked so frail and distraught. She looked so un-Loree-like; completely different from the girl who was all sunshine and spunk.

I didn’t know what to say. I mean what can you say? I don’t know how she could get any closure at a time like this. The Loree I know has always been such a strong girl in the short time I have known her. Now, here I am trying to console her in a hotel hallway. Well trying being the operative word. How can you tell someone it’ll be okay? I couldn’t lie to her.

“Do you need me to get the guys? I asked her. She shook her head no. “What about Zacky?”

“N—no. I don’t need him—I don’t need him seeing me like this.” She replied.

In my opinion that was a bit harsh. Shock consumed me. Truthfully, she needed him right now but if she felt that avoiding them was good, and then I couldn’t tell her otherwise. I just spoke soft words trying to calm her down.

“I’m going home, Val.”

“Home?”

“As in Nashville, Tennessee. Alan is getting my things.” I looked into her hotel room and saw I large figure walking around. And holy shit, large may just be an understatement; this guy was bigger than Matt. His face was stoic. He grabbed two suitcases and walked out into the hallway almost mechanically.

”The plane won’t be here until tonight.” He spoke.

“Thanks Alan.” She spoke, nodding.

“You know, you’ll have to face the guys.” I said.

“I know, I know.”

Loree’s POV

The cool night’s air hit me but it gave me no comfort as it once did. I stopped and turned to Val. “It’s alright Val, you can leave now,” I said, “It’s going to be hard to leave.” Val nodded and hugged me tightly.

“I understand,” she said and when I looked at her I knew she wanted to cry.

I waited for her to leave and then continued to Alan’s car. I honestly didn’t think I was going to see any of the boys and I wanted to keep it that way.

I am a coward.

“Loree?” I closed my eyes as tears threatened once again. I turned around to see Zacky standing there confused. He was so beautiful. I don’t deserve to have him. I never did.

I swallowed and attempted at a smile. I failed. “Hey Zacky,” I said shakily. He took a step closer towards me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I distanced myself from him and shook my head. “Don’t come closer Zacky.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I just don’t want you near me.” Because if you were, I’d fall into your arms and stay.

I was hurting him. I could tell. I hated myself for it.

“What—where are you going?” he asked suddenly, his eyes trained on the bag in my hand.

“I’m leaving Zacky.” My words were clipped and cold. I couldn’t bear to look at him. The pain in his eyes was enough to make me run to him.

But I didn’t.

I looked at him steadily, no expression on my face.

I was going to break. I couldn’t handle this.

I turned around and tried my damnedest not to cry.

“Don’t leave,” Zacky said and I could hear the raw emotion in his voice, “I love you.”

I love you too. “I don’t care.”

And that was it.

Whatever that was left of my heart crumbled into pathetic little pieces. I lost my brother and I screwed my relationship with the only man I’ve ever loved. I wanted to go in a corner and cry. I wanted to yell at the injustice of everything.

Earlier this morning, I felt as if everything was aligned in the universe. My life was finally perfect. I had felt loved and happy. God, I felt so happy.

Why couldn’t I remain so?

My life became fucked up within a letter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ri did Loree's POV.