Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Fifteen.

Loree’s POV

It amazes me how just one day your life can change drastically. I lost my brother and I basically told the one person I have ever loved that he meant absolutely nothing to me. There’s no turning back now, for all I know he’s probably out fucking some random girl right now.

I walked into my house with Alan following behind with my suitcases in hand. I heard sobbing in the living room. I turned the corner to find my father trying his best to comfort Leah, who was holding her and Rob’s wedding photo. The sight brought me to tears. I backed up and ran into the kitchen. I leaned over the sink and wiped my eyes, this all too much to bear.

I heard the floor creak behind me.

“Lorelei?” my father asked.

I turned around and smile weakly. “Hey dad.”

Instead of replying he walked over and enveloped me into a long hug. I pulled away and sniffled.

“Someone has been missing you.” He said, opening the back door. I smiled as I saw my little Jack Russell Terrier; Jackie came bounding into the kitchen. She barked twice before jumping up into my arms.

“Have you been missing me girly?” I asked her, softly. She licked my face causing me to laugh. “I take that as a yes.”

“Leah wants to see you.” My father said.

I nodded and began my way back to living room with Jackie in hand. Leah was in the same place, but with Alan now comforting her. Once she saw me she jumped up from her chair and hugged me tightly. I was trying my best not to cry again, but my emotions got the best of me. We tried into each other’s shoulders for I don’t even know how long.

“I love you Lor.” She said.

“I love you too.” I replied.

She pulled back and wiped her tears and I did the same. I sat down in the loveseat and we began discussing plans for the funeral.

I helped Leah clean up the house for visitors after the pastor had come by and discussed details with us. I walked into my room and lay down in my bed. A loud vibrating sound came from my side table. I picked up my phone and saw a text message from Val.

Hey hun. Just checking in.

I quickly typed in my reply and sighed. I had to get my mind off of things including Zacky. Every time I closed my eyes I see his pain filled jade eyes. But I had to leave him I couldn’t stay on the road and I didn’t want him seeing me like this. I got up and walked over to my vanity. I picked up my brush and combed my hair and applied some eyeliner and blush to see if I could cover the dark bags under my eyes.

I walked downstairs and out the back door with Jackie by my side. I kept walking until I made it to the old oak tree in the middle of one of our pastures. I came here when I needed some time alone. It was my haven to a certain point. I picked up Jackie and set her on the highest branch I could reach to and climbed up.

Once I was up Jackie jumped into my lap and snuggled into me. I smiled and patted her head. Maybe some time alone was just what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!