Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Fourteen.

Minutes passed by and nothing had happened between the person and I. No words, no gestures, just the person holding me and am just quite (I had stopped crying).

"Alex?" I looked at the person who had said my name and saw it was Caleb. I was kind of shocked because I thought Pogue would’ve come after me, because of how protective he is towards me. "Caleb? W-w-why? Again my life has made a 360 and went to the extreme. I didn’t mean to... I just- I don’t know. Am sick of living like this." I said, getting up and pacing back and forth. "Alex just go home and get back to who you were a couple of weeks ago. Everyone is worried you." Caleb said getting up and holding me in place.

"Caleb, I just- I cannot believe I was so obsessed with this. All I remember clearly is falling to the ground and ran to my room to start researching. These past weeks seem like a blur to me. Not once did I feel tired or hungry, all I did was to be focused. I don’t remember falling asleep at times or even eating. Now at this point I am feeling everything tired, hungry, angry, and sorry. It seems to me that every week something new comes along and changes my life around and affects everyone around me. I am truly sorry Caleb if this affected you in anyway," I said looking into his eyes.

I had never noticed how good looking Caleb was until that point. Whoa, what am I saying, Caleb is Pogue’s best friend and Caleb and I had just started talking and becoming friends. I looked away before I did something embarrassing, which I did not need at this point. "Um.. Caleb I think we should head back. Am fine now. I guess I just needed air," I said and walked towards the house and stopped and looked back at Caleb. “Um, Caleb where are we?" He chuckled and led the way home.

We got to the house, we entered the house and everyone was sitting in the living room, with a worry look on their faces. “Hi everyone," I whispered when Caleb and I came in. They all looked up and then Pogue’s mom ran up to me and hugged me, literally leaving me breathless. I couldn’t tell her to let go, cause I couldn’t talk that’s how tight she held me. My uncle said, "Sweetheart, Alex is turning blue. I think you need to let go before she dies of no oxygen." My aunt let go of me and apologized.

Then they left, saying us kids needed to talk to each other. I turned to all the boys and looked at each of them. "Guys I am so sorry for everything. I haven’t been myself at all. It just I have to find out who murdered my parents and Jenna. At the end I found out nothing. It was all useless." "It wasn’t useless Alex, it’s just you weren’t looking in the right places," said Tyler, coming up to me and hugged me. I felt from that hug that Tyler had forgiven me, but for the rest I wasn’t so sure.