Its My Turn Now!

Chapter Nine.

Pogue and I were in the car after swim and volleyball practice going home to get ready for the big Halloween party for tonight. When we got home we had about four and half hours until the party, so we had time. I got showered because Nadia and Kate were coming over at seven to get ready here and than go to the party together. Kate had persuaded Pogue to leave the house when she got here because we didn’t want anyone to see our costumes before and we wanted to make an entrance at the party by arriving half an hour late. Before the girls arrived I had done my homework because I knew that this weekend was going to be a very busy one with all the volleyball practices.

So once Pogue left, we decided to do each other’s hair and make up (mine- straight with pigtails, Nadia- curly and Kate- straight). Since we had half an hour left we had to hurry to put on our costumes and make sure that everything was okay on us. After we checked ourselves, we said good bye to everyone and got into Nadia’s car to go to the Halloween party. Once we entered the parking lot I guess you could call it, we saw every car we knew and Caleb’s car too. We found a space and got out of the car. We check each other to make sure everything was okay, "Nad, looking good you’ll catch enough guys tonight and take them home," said Kate. I laughed. "Look who’s laughing? Please Alex you’re the best looking at school and look what your wearing. Guys will follow you all night and Katie don’t even get me started with you, Pogue’s going have fun tonight." "Okay, ew Nadia I did NOT need to picture that. Thanks." Kate just laughed at our comments. We walked towards the doors to the party.

On our way to the party there was no one outside, thus telling us that this must be a good party. We opened the doors and all we heard was "Always talking about what you got." We saw people looking at us, but we kind of expected it because of our Halloween Costumes. As I looked around, some of these girls had costumes more revealing than our own. I was knocked back into reality when I heard, "Well, well aren’t theses ladies sexy tonight. Alex come on let me see your costume," said Reid. "What are you wearing, Alex? But one thing for sure you look hot in it," Reid said. "Well you see Reid I hear that you hated a certain wizard, so I asked myself why not dress up as Harry Potter (scratch the Hogwarts student idea), huh? Great idea, isn’t it?" He looked at me like he was deciding whether or not he was to do something. He looked at me again and walked away in a frustrated sigh. I knew he was going to leave me alone for the rest of the night. "Alex what the hell are you wearing? No cousin of mine is going wear that, so...go and um change into something not so short or revealing. Now! Don’t make me force you Alexandra?" Pogue said in a stern voice.

Oh hell no he did not use my first full name. No one had done that since I got in trouble before my parents had died. "Listen here Pogue, I will NOT change because I paid for this and I am going to wear it whether you like it or not. Nadia, Kate let’s go dance." I was kind of ticked off that Pogue was thinking he was in charge of me, I guess he forgot that I can kick his ass. All I heard when I walked away was, "Alex please don’t fight with Pogue not tonight and this goes for you too Pogue or forget me being with you tonight at all. So will everyone behave?" Kate said and we all nodded our heads and headed towards the dance floor.

After dancing for a while, Reid did come back with the group, I had stopped to get a drink with Nadia. I looked around and my eyes landed on Jennifer and I saw that she was flirting with Caleb and I could notice that he was very uncomfortable. Than Jennifer looked my way and saw me and threw a smirk at me, as if I could care she was flirting with Caleb. I just threw her the same smirk back at her and turned to Nadia. "It seems Ms Jennifer is trying to start something with you. She is so jealousy of you because you’re volleyball captain and hang out with Caleb, she basically wants to be you." I laughed at Nadia’s comment. Okay maybe sure be jealous for me being volleyball captain, but Caleb is something I could care less about. I hadn’t talked to him since that night outside of Nicky’s, we act as if we did not know each other, which really we didn’t. Than these two hot guys came up to Nadia and I and started talking.

Half way through our conversations with the hot guys, Jennifer and her posse of three came up and said "Well if it ain’t the Hogwarts slut and Nurse Slutty. What are you two doing here, huh? Got invited out of pity? Such a shame." "Nice to see you too Jen, Jessica, Nicole and Laura. So what Jen, can’t come up with more insults than slut. You should really expand your vocab. Yeah we sure did get invited out of pity. You know being volleyball captain and student council president and all, but you know what it would’ve been nice to be invited if we were popular. Oh wait we were!" I said with sarcasm (Nadia is student council president). Nadia looked at me with a smirk and I knowing that I hit a deep spot of Jennifer, but you know what I didn’t deserve being treated the way she did to me and her doing that to Nadia just pushed me a little farther Nadia shouldn’t be treated the way she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment :)