Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Interupption

So far so good. Or not. I pretended with Jack like we usually did, except this time it was different. We were pretending more than we had to. It wasn’t working, as I could see the confusion and speculation on the crowd’s faces.

“This song is called Jasey Rae. I hope you-” I sighed before being interrupted. Jack stepped forward.

“Actually, Alex, you mind if I just jump in?”

I stared, not knowing what to do.

“Excuse me people. I messed up and well…let this song tell you.”

He nodded at Zack and Rian who began playing. Somewhere, a keyboard also started playing.

“Just in case they’re wondering, they’ve got us pinned terribly.”

Oh. My. Saporta.

My jaw dropped. He was singing ‘Baby it’s Fact’? Part of me wanted to know what the hell he was doing whilst the other, more logical side wanted to aww over the gesture.

“Baby its fact, our love is true, the way black is black and blue is just blue. My love for you is as simple as that and you love me too, it’s a matter of fact.” He sang. As I looked at him, he winked.

The part of me that was wondering what he was on also wanted to go smash my head against an amp right now. Just because I’m a lead singer doesn’t mean I don’t get nervous. My heart was thudding as he finished the song. To add to that, the volume of the crowd went through the roof and beyond.

“I’m sorry.”

Still dumbfounded, I stayed where I was. Jack shook his head, before running up to me and hugging me.

“Get off.”

The smile went from his face. I sighed and tried to smile again for the crowd.

“OK, this time this song really is Jasey Rae.”

I didn’t bother glancing at the looks the rest of the guys were sending each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bad bad bad Alex! -smacks him-