Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Lets Sit Around Pissed At Our Other Halves Club

I didn’t even want to drink after the show. Why did Alex say no? I was so sure that he would forgive me.

“Jack, stop being so miserable.”

May poked me. She’d been hanging round a lot, even though she and Zack weren’t anything right now.

“Way I see it, if Gayskank can’t accept your apology even after everything, then it shows that he’s the lesser person.”

“Shut up May.”

I was getting really annoyed with her. She was the one giving me relationship advice when Zack was staring at her like a lovesick puppy? There was something so wrong about that, and it wasn’t just the mental image of Zack as a puppy.

She got up muttering curses about me. I decided to look up. Alex wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

Zack got up and decided to join my Lets-Sit-Around-Pissed-At-Our-Other-Halves Club. Except he wasn’t really pissed, more...heartbroken. I felt like a complete douche when I saw the look on his face. He sighed, making me feel worse.

“I’m sorry Zack.”

He gave me a weird look.

“You aren’t going to start singing are you?”

I gave him a half-grin.

“No, that’s reserved. Or it was.”

It was my turn to sigh like a teenage girl.

“I really am sorry Zack. About the whole May-”

He interrupted me.

“It’s OK, man. I’ll...I’ll get over it.”

I punched him gently.

“You’re making me feel worse, damn you! Why aren’t you really angry or something?”

He shrugged.

“Maybe because it won’t do anything. Sitting around and being negative won’t get her back.”

Zack Merrick was one of the nicest guys I knew. Sure, I already knew that, but this conversation made it more obvious. I had to do something about him being miserable. He helped me out, even when he hated me a little.

“Jack, can you come with me a minute?” May asked. I took the opportunity. Once we were out of earshot, I confronted her.

“May Adelah Barakat, you’ve broken Zack’s heart!”

She rolled her eyes, pissing me off even more.

“It’s not funny!”

She surprised me with what she said next.

“I know. I feel awful. But I’ve seen how miserable band girlfriends get when the guy is on
tour.”

“Zack wouldn’t ever cheat on you! How can you suggest-”

She kicked my shin.

“I wasn’t saying that! I was saying that I don’t like feeling depressed and I’ll only be more depressed than usual when he’s away.”

I nearly started hitting my head on the wall.

“May!” I wailed “There’s technology for that! You could talk to him every night if you wanted to!”

“Well it’s alright for you, you’re married to your band mate, and you see each other all the time!” she yelled.

She went quiet. She began to look like she was going to hit her head on the wall.
“Jack, I love you and I’m doing this for your own good.”

“Huh?”

She led me to an unused room and opened the door.

“Now talk. You’re not getting out until you’ve talked about your issues.” She said smugly.

Alex was in there looking shell shocked.

Sometimes I hated the fact that when May was born, I was hell bent on making her a female version of me just because I didn’t get a little brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jakahhh's POV! Who has watched the Radio 1 video where Sean Smith, Josh Franceschi, Max Helyer and our very own Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat play limbo? :')