Status: ON HIATUS, 21/1/12

Baby It's Fact

Wrong Move

"Go in. He's available now." said the receptionist, whose name was Rebbecca. I lifted my head from Jack's shoulder and got up. I poked Jack.

"Get up, priest man can see us."

He jumped up, ready and eager.

"Ahh, the Dawsons." the priest said as we were led into his office.

"D-Dawson?" I stuttered.

"Yes. You both requested that both your surnames would change to Dawson. I believe you both had a little spat over it." he smiled.

"Fuck." Jack muttered, looking like he was going to hit his head into the wall.

"Sit down, we can discuss details."

He was still smiling at us. I was becoming more unnerved by the second. I dragged Jack by the arm to the chairs.

"Excuse me, young man, but you seem familiar to me."

Time for the Gaskarth charm.

"I'm Alex Gaskarth, I'm in a band called All Time Low."

He looked as if he was trying to remember something.

"That band with the song about the stripper?" he asked. I still managed to smile.

"Yep."

"Oh yes, you're from Baltimore aren't you?"

"Yes sir."

"Dulaney High School?"

"Yes sir."

I didn't know what was up with the questions.

"Did you know a Baileigh Strong when you attended Dulaney High School?"

I looked into my pocket.

"Dude this guy is worse than a lawyer! 0.0" Jack texted. We had managed the art of texting and not getting caught during our schooldays.

I tried to remember Baileigh Strong from a mass of faces.

"Red hair?" I automatically asked.

"You used to call her Fire Truck."

"O-oh." I mumbled. "So how is she doing?"

"Wrong move! Wrong move!" Jack had also learned how to speed-type on an iPhone.

"Why should I tell you?" His lips were pursed.

"Erm. Right."

Saying that I was severely confused was understatement right now.

"You made my daughter's life a living hell for four years. Why should I grant you an annulment?"

"She's his daughter? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" I didn't bother looking at Jack this time. I could just about imagine how wide his eyes were at this point.

"Because that'd be somehow against the law?" Jack piped in. Even I was surprised at this little outburst.

Priest-Man frowned.

"You're the one who had that ridiculous hairstyle, aren't you?"

Jack stared blankly.

"The gay one?"

His jaw dropped.

"I'm straight."

"Right." replied Mr Strong, like he didn't believe him.

"Bastard. I hate this guy."

Priest-Man (I refused to call him by his real name) put on a fake smile.

"Well lets hope this turns out well, huh? Good luck for the future, Jack." he grinned, leading us out of his office.

"He's evil." Jack whispered. "I don't like him."

===

Rebbecca was waiting eagerly for us.

"How'd it go?"

"He won't give us an annulment, just because I was an ass in high school."

"Huh?"

I sighed.

"I went to school with his daughter. I may have made comments about her having red hair."

"Alex!" she scolded, hitting my arm. "Oh yeah, I found out your names. Gotta love Wikipedia, huh?"

Jack and I blinked.

"Ooh." she whipped out a marker pen and grabbed my arm. She scrawled her number on my arm, with her name in a cloud. She got out a red one and wrote "CALL ME" in big letters.

"Tell me how it goes, m'kay?"

We wandered out of the chapel, still married. Even worse, we had both taken Rian's surname. I was beginning to think a weekend trip in Vegas wasn't the best idea I had had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I have subscribers ^-^ Haa Jack and his iPhone :P