Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

21.

I decided to walk to school the next day, because I wanted to take my time getting there. The teachers didn’t think I was coming back until the next day anyway. My bruise had faded a little, but you could still see it. Zack was hitching a lift with Max that morning, so I took my time getting ready, put my iPod earphones in my ears and slowly began to walk in the direction of my school.

When I arrived I pushed the hallway door open and went to my locker. I opened it and several pieces of paper fell out. They were get well soon messages. I smiled to myself and started reading who they were from. They were all from Zack and Max. I folded them up and put them in the back of my folder.

The bell rang loudly and students filled up the hallway within seconds. Every one that passed me did double takes, or stared at the side of my face. I embarrass quite easily and blushed heavily. I slammed my locker closed and waited in the lunchroom for Zack and Max.

When they arrived, Zack ran up to me, pulling me into a very tight squeeze and Max did the same. We sat there talking and Zack told me everything that had been happening the last three days, and I returned the information of what I hadn’t been doing. The whole time, Max sat there fiddling with his shoelaces. He still felt bad about the bruise. Zack got up to go get me some lunch and I turned to him

“Honestly, Max. I forgive you. Stop acting so mopey”
“How do you know that’s why I am mopey? And thanks” he replied, resting his chin on his palm. I scooted my chair closer to him and looked at him with raised eyebrows.
“Look, Addison I just think that-“
“Lunch is served!” Zack announced as he returned to the table balancing three trays on his arms. I sat up straight, gave him a look of joke surprise and clapped as be bowed. I let out a small giggle and inspected what he had gotten me. Three packets of chips and chocolate milk. Nutritious. I shook my head at Zack and ripped open one of the packets and began to scoff down the chips.

By the end of the day I had assured Max I was alright with him about fifteen times, Zack had interrupted every one on one conversation Max and I were having and Max didn’t stop being mopey. He was starting to irritate me so I gave up trying to get through to him. The final bell rang and I gathered my things and followed Zack and Max into the car park.

“Oh Addison, how are you getting home? Are you walking?” Zack asked me as he threw his bag into the back of Max’s car.
“Do you need a lift-oh FUCK!” Max began, and exclaimed loudly. I wheeled around and sitting on the hood of a black Charger, hands folded and smiling slightly, was Ronnie.

“Addison! Need a ride home?”
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for short, craptastic chapters.
next one will be good. i swears.

please please comment if you are reading. i really need feedback :)
xx.
commenters story links in next A/N.