Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Clothes On The Floor

Jacey looked at herself in the mirror that was over the bar and sighed. She knew that this was stupid. There was no way in hell that Matt had wanted her to meet him here. It was going on nine fifteen. He wouldn’t fly back to California to see her. There was no way in hell. It had been a week since she had walked and he hadn’t even called her. Sighing she looked at the beer that Dru had set in front of her when she had sat down at the bar. Why in the hell had she listened to Val? There was no reason for the bitch to even talk to her, let alone mess with her like that.

“Jacey…” She suddenly smiled to herself as she heard the uncertainty in the voice that had just said her name. Okay so maybe the bitch hadn’t been lying. She let him sit down beside her before she passed the still full and now warm beer back across the bar to Dru.

“Matt” She responded turning to look at him. When her eyes met his she saw that he was nervous about something.

“Is there somewhere we can talk alone? Away from the noise?” Jacey looked around the club and wondered if there was a place and then she thought of it. Dru’s apartment upstairs. She looked at he friend and she nodded in acknowledgement.

“Come on follow me.” She didn’t take his hand but she did wait paiently for him as he made his way to the door that she was standing beside back by the offices. She pulled a key out of he pocket and unlocked the door. She had the key because she was the only person that Dru could trust. He followed her up the stairs and into a very vibrant living area.

“Where are we?”

“Dru’s apartment, you said you wanted to talk?”

“Yeah, Jace, I’m sorry…”

“What for?”

“Yelling at you that night.” Jacey looked at him dumbfounded.

“Matt…”

“And I was childish about the other thing…”

“You weren’t childish Matt, you were pissed. You had every right to be.”

“But it cost me you.” She was stunned for a moment at his words. She tilted her head sideways.

“You flew all the way here from Ohio to tell me that?”

“No”

“Then what did you come here for Matt?” She looked at him and hoped he gave a good answer. She missed him way too much.

“Jacey, do you know how had its been to sleep without you there to hold. And I mean that, I reach for you every morning and you’re not there. It’s to the point where all I can think about is you. I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with me but I need you. More than I’ve ever needed anyone before.”

“I’ve turned into a zombie, I can’t sleep at night. You’re not there. I avoid human contact as much as I can. I don’t just need you Matt. I’m in love with you.” Matt moved the distance between them and wrapped her in his arms. She clung to him. “Don’t let go of me…”

“I don’t want too. Come back with me Jacey.” She pulled back away from him, but only so she could look him in the face.

“Yes, oh hell yes. When do we leave?”

“Tomorrow morning, plane leaves at ten.”

“Do I need to take anything with me?”

“Just clothes, and I have plans for you tonight, lets go.”

“Where are we going?”

“To get you clothes, drop the mustang off at your house and then we’re going back to mine.” Jacey grinned oh she loved those plans.

Twenty minutes later they were locking Jacey’s front door and she grinned as he tossed her bag in the back of his car. She looked at it and smiled.

“1969 right?”

“As a matter of fact it is.”

“Nice.” She slid in and leaned across and kissed his cheek as he got in. He smirked and started the engine. Before he pulled out or got the chance to she grinned. “Can I drive?” He shook his head and opened his car door. She smirked and slid over to the drivers side. She closed the door he had opened and waited for him to get in. Because of the Saturday night it took her almost an hour to make it back across town to his place. She smiled as they pulled into the garage. She glanced sideways at her other car and memories came flooding back. Matt walked around and opened the door for her and she stepped out. She took his offered hand and when he pulled him to her she smiled as his lips crushed down on hers. She found her back against the side of his camaro and sliding her hands to the hem of his shirt. His hands were already undoing the knot to her halter style dress and she grinned as the purple dress hit the floor of the garage at the same moment that he reached in the car through the open window and hit the button to close the garage door. He sat her on the hood of his car and continued to kiss her. She was working on the button on his jeans and soon it was a complete and total repeat of what had happened on the hood of her McLaren.

The next morning Jacey reached for him like she did every morning only this time he was there. She moved closer to him and fell back asleep. She was woken up an hour later as he moved to hit the button on the alarm clock. He rolled and woke her the rest of the way up with a kiss.

“We have to go.”

“Matt my clothes are all in the garage…literally.” He smirked.

“Okay, I’m gonna go get your bag…you could always just get dressed out there”

“Matt we both know that if I get up out of this bed the way I am with you still in the room we aren’t making that flight.” It was her turn to smirk and he glared at her thinking that she just had to be right. That was okay there would be plenty of time for them later. Right now they had to go otherwise his bandmates were going to kill him.

“I’ll behave I promise, besides your gonna be back with me anyway.” She grinned and keeping the sheet around her to make sure that he kept his promise she lead the way out of the room. She was down the stairs before him and in the garage before him as well. She popped the trunk and noticed that he had a few shirts of his own in the back. She grabbed a black lace bra and matching boy shorts out of her bag and her favorite pair of old faded jeans with a hole in the pocket. She pulled them all on and as he walked out the door she was buttoning up one of his shirts. He shook his head and bent down tossing her clothes and his from last night at her which caused her to stop buttoning the shirt. She tossed them in the trunk and closed it. And joined him in the car. He was driving this time.

xoxox

Jessica was rolling out of bed just as Matt and Jacey pulled out of his driveway. Ever since her mother had stopped by she had been staying with her grandparents. She sighed and walked to her bathroom across the hall. She glanced at the room beside hers as she did and rolled her eyes, Leanne was already up and was probably already out looking for a job. She was bound and determined to be independent. She had only stayed there last night because she had fallen asleep in the living room. Jessica had moved back in to live with her grandparents. She was in the process of putting her house back up on the market. Her mother had threatened her grandparents again, about money and Jessica was having none of it. And it all had to do with the fact that Jessica and Leanne had been told the night they had gotten over there and her mom showed up that her grandfather was dying of lung cancer and their grandmother was beginning to go with old age and both the twins saw it. Jessica though was the only one prepared to handle it. Leanne refused. Shaking off the thoughts about her loved ones she picked up the phone that she had charged in the bathroom and checked her messages. She had one from Jacey.

“Hey Jess, couldn’t get a hold of you or Lea this morning so I’m leaving a message. I’m not gonna be home for a few weeks. Me and Matt made up last night. I’m going back out on the road with him. Do me a favor and get my mail for me. Love ya.” Jessica looked at her phone for a moment and blinked a few times. Jacey was back on tour with the guys? What in the hell did she mean she made up with Matt? She dialed Jacey’s number and sighed when her friend didn’t answer the phone. She got a shower and got dressed for the day. She had to take her grandfather to the doctors that day and then she had to run a few errands for her grandma.