Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Confrontations At Dinner

Jacey was sitting on the front porch of her and Matt’s house watching as Jessica and Zack were messing around in the front yard chasing one another like children. Matt walked out the front door and shook his head at the two of them. He sat beside Jacey and handed her a coke. She sighed as she looked at the beer he had brought out for him and Zack. She shook her head and rested it on Matt’s shoulder as Matt called out that he had drinks. Jessica and Zack headed up to the porch laughing and holding hands. Matt rolled his eyes at the two as Jessica took the diet Pepsi that was in sitting beside him. She grinned as Zack pulled her down in front of him on the grass. The four of them were laughing and that’s where Ellie found them all moments later when she pulled into the driveway. Jacey glanced up and saw that her mom was there and she could only think well at least this time I’m not half naked ready to bang Matt.

“Mom, what a nice surprise…”

“I knew you were coming home today, thought I would bring dinner so the two of you didn’t have to cook.”

“Ellie, that really was nice of you but we’re having dinner with my Grams’ tonight. She invited the four of us over.”

“Oh, well it can be put in the freezer…”

“Mom, don’t take offense to it, she invited us over the day we left….” Jacey said. Her mother just smiled.

“It’s okay Jacey…”

“Mom…” And Jacey stood and followed her mom to her car. Ellie turned.

“Jacey”

“Look we’ll come over tomorrow night… it’s just Ada’s going through a lot and besides now that we’re back me and Jess need to find out what happened with Leanne while we were gone she’s being vague about it. Actually you know what, I’ll cook dinner tomorrow night, you and dad just be here at seven.”

“Wait you’re going to cook?”

“Yeah.”

“Jacey…”

“Mom, don’t worry about it.”

“If you’re sure…”

“Mom, I’m sure. Tomorrow night, seven o’clock.” Jacey said and hugged her mom. Ellie hugged her daughter back and got in her car and smiled at her daughter. She waved to the others.

Three hours later they all walked into Ada’s at the same time. Leanne and Brian weren’t there yet. Jessica and Jacey looked at one another and took off towards the door. Zack and Matt looked at one another and shrugged. They followed their wives inside. Zack smiled when he saw that Ada was obviously feeling better and she was glad to see two of her girls obviously. Ada let go of the girls and hugged the guys next. She smiled at Zack who wrapped and arm around his wife. They all followed Ada into the kitchen while she finished cooking they got told all about what happened between Brian and Leanne, It was at the dinner table that night that they said something to Brian and Leanne.

“So how was your guys last two weeks Lea?” Jessica asked her sister.

“It was fine?”

“Oh yeah? No fights or anything?” Jacey asked.

“Yeah so you didn’t even miss us?” Jessica asked smiling sweetly. Matt and Zack rolled their eyes. They thought this was hilarious.

“Are you still pissed about earlier? I told you it was taken care of.”

“What’s taken care of?” Matt asked Leanne.

“Uhm.. It was nothing really.”

“You call dumping my best friend nothing?” Jacey asked.

“After sleeping with her?” Jessica demanded.

“GRAMS” Lea asked exasperated.

“What?” Ada asked.

“You know what… what did you tell them?”

“Just what you told me sweetie.”

“Traiter” Lea groaned

“So who’s gonna explain what happened?” Zack asked

“Why don’t we let Brian do that?”

“Start talking Haner.” Jessica said at the same time Jacey spoke.

“Uhmm… well… uh see…”

“Spit it out.” Zack said.

“I might have, possibly, broken up with Leanne the morning after the wedding….”

“Possibly my ass. You did.” Jacey said.

“For two weeks.”

“Before you pulled your head out of your ass and realized you were an idiot.” Jacey finished for Jessica.

“What the hell possessed you to hurt my sister and Best friend? Knowing that we’d find out and kill you.”

“A little harsh babe, no kill, just severeally injure.” Zack told his wife.

“We do need our lead guitarist….” Matt said.

“That’s the only thing saving his ass.” Jessica muttered.

“No shit. You're lucky I love Lea, otherwise I'd have kicked your ass already... just ask the last idiot what happened.” Jacey said looking at Brian.

“Don't think he'd stick around the minute that question got asked.” Jessica said laughter in her eyes. Matt and Zack choked on the food they had just taken a bite of.

“Babe are you okay?” Jessica asked Zack

“Matt are you alright?” Jacey asked.

“Fine…” Matt said coughing a little.

“I don’t know yet.” Zack said.

“What’d you do?” Brian asked looking between the red head and the brunette.

“ Well, I might have knocked out a few teeth, dislocated a shoulder, and threatened to castrate him…”

“I’m not hungry anymore…” Brian said his face paling.

“Dammit, Jace, come on everything’s fine.” Leanne said

“What? He asked!” Jacey said looking innocent.

“God I'm glad i fell in love with you instead of getting on your bad side.” Matt said and Jacey smirked.

“No worse than what Jess did to him. After she helped me kick his ass, she called up all of his ex-girlfriends and the girls he cheated on Lea with and told them he had herpes and that they should probably get tested.”

“I remember that…” Jessica said.

“Remind me not to piss them off… Ever.” Zack said looking at Matt.

“What it was hilarious. Besides I’m not the one that shoved a car off a cliff just to get laid.” Jessica said.

“It’s not my fault she’s addictive.” Matt said causing his wife to smirk.

“Oh god not this again.” Lea said.

“If my appetite wasn’t gone, I’m pretty sure it is now.” Brian mumbled.

“Yeah agreed.” Zack muttered

“Can we please not mention that again?” Leanne asked.

“I guess we can let it drop, but I'm warning you Brian, another stupid stunt like that, and I'm going to beat the life out of you.” Jacey told Brian.

“And your gonna be walking funny the rest of your fucking life you ever make her cry again.” Jessica said smiling sweetly.

“Alright! I get it... I'm a fuckin' idiot and I have no intention of making her cry again.” Brian said.

“So long as we're on the same page.” Jacey looked pointedly at Brian.

“Yeah got it.” Brian said.

“Ignore them babe.”

“Have you forgotten who you're talking about? They're kind of scary when their in these moods, and definitely hard to ignore.” Brian said looking at Leanne.

“And we’re pregnant.” Jessica said grinning.

“Never mind that the hormones haven't even really kicked in yet.”

“Or that I’m having twins.”

“God help us…” Brian looked at Matt and Zack “… when do we start touring again?”

“Next month and me and Jace are gonna be there for the first two.”

“Hell...that's what that bus is going to be.” Brian said groaning and Jacey threw a dinner roll at him.

“Shut up, or the first time I puke because of morning sickness, I'll make sure its in your shoes.” Jessica started laughing uncontrollably at that one.

“Dude shut up please”

“Seriously” Matt said agreeing with the green eyed guitarist.

“Aww baby…. SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT!!! ADA I NEED HELP COOKING DINNER TOMORROW NIGHT!”