‹ Prequel: My Immortal
Sequel: LifeLine

Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter 10

It took all of Brian’s strength not to gasp at the way Jo looked, she didn’t look like herself, she sounded like but it wasn’t her, Jo was stronger then this, she was much much stronger, this woman looked fragile with a bandana placed on her head and little to no muscle or fat on her bones.

“How’s my favourite little sister?” He asked as he went a kissed her cheek.

“I’m bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-N,” she said looking at him, as he tried to laugh it was forced and she knew it. She could feel that they weren’t used to seeing her likes this.

“Hey hunny,” Matt finally found his voice as he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“It might help if you close your eyes and listen to my voice only,” Jo said.

“What are you talking about?” Brian said.

Matt picked up on it, “ You look great,” he said. She just gave him a phony smile.

“And I’m also the president of 50 states,” Jo shot back at him.

“It’s not that bad,” Brian said the truth, “You could use a SynysterGates Bandana, that would be better." He joked and that made her laugh, leave it to Brian to promote his label in times like these.

“True, but I only got the standard,” Jo said fixing it.

“I come prepared,” he took one off his wrist, and was about to help Jo take the one she already had on, she looked at him with sad eyes and nodded. She moved her head off the pillow and he undid the tie at the back. He pulled it off, and Matt had tears in his eyes.

Brian didn’t flinch he put on his bandana and stood back and admired his work, “Even better,” he said putting up his hands like a picture frame.

“Oh, I must admit, it’s comfier,”Jo lifted her hand and she noticed that Matt’s eyes went to her bruises, from the IVs.

“Jo,” Matt started to say, but he stopped.

“Yes Matt?” she asked as if nothing was wrong.

“I know I know, you love me, and you’re sorry,” he only nodded at her words.

“We all love you Jo, we always have,” Brian said.

“And I love you guys, and you have nothing to be sorry for, and if you think you do, I’ve already forgotten about it,” Jo said as she patted either side of her bed and the boys went and sat next to her, she grabbed their hands and kissed them.

“You’re the coolest guys I know, now if you start crying, you’ll lose points, I already know Matt is a sweet heart but he’s got Roxy to be his rock, now you Mr.Rock Star Synyster Gates, I love you and I don’t blame you for anything that happened 6 months ago, I’m glad it happened when it did,” she hugged both of them and they left the room.

As soon as he was out of the room Matt leaned up against a wall and let himself slide down, he let his face fall in his hands.

Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button, boys,
So cradle your head in your hands,
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe