‹ Prequel: My Immortal
Sequel: LifeLine

Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter 9

Roxy and Steph mentally prepared themselves to see her, also they dressed in the regular gear not to bring any bacteria into the room. They walked into the room and gasped, she was skinny, not healthy skinny, but meat and bones, her face was sunken and she was pale, she had no hair, and her fingers looked extra long.

When she opened her eyes, she closed back up, “Hey JoJo,” Steph said.

“It’s really us,” Roxy said looking around the room for the chart, but didn’t find it.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jo said with softness in her voice, that she was trying to hide.

“The doctor called us, telling us you’ve been moved here,” Roxy sat down and looked at her best friend, not wanting to believe it was her.

“So you’ve met my very own Dr.House, isn’t he just dreamy, only thing is he’s not as cynical or mean as the one on TV I don’t think I could sleep with him, he’s just too nice, but I do like the cane,” Jo said trying to make a joke keeping her eyes closed the light was hurting her, “Steph can you turn down the light, I don’t get why they have to be so brings, it’s ridiculous.”

“Jo,” Steph said as she came back to the bedside, she was in a single room. As if anything could kill her or get her more sick.

“Yes, Sexy Stephy?” Jo said remembering the nick name.

“I’m sorry,” Steph said.

“I know you are, don’t worry about it, I also know you guys love me,” Jo knew these were the words then needed to say to her, so they didn’t regret anything in the morning. If morning ever came for her.

“There are some people here to see you,” Roxy said.

“I guess it’s time,” Jo spoke with a calmness in her voice that made Steph want to scream at her. It was like she was giving up.

“Time for what?” Roxy asked.

“To face the music, I’m guessing you told everyone, except Zacky I mean he needs to be at home with James he can’t be here, I don’t want to see him,” Jo said with anger in her voice, she was studying her friends who quickly left the room. She struggled to put on a bandanna no use scaring them more then necessary.

She looked in the corner and she saw something that made her smile, it was her mother standing there by the door, telling her to shush with her finger over her lips. The smile on her face made Jo smile, almost laugh.

“I’ve missed you mom,” Jo said with tears in her eyes.

“I know, baby, I’ll see you later,” her mom’s voice was as clear as day, Jo closed her eyes for a second when she opened them, her mom was gone, and one of the guys who she loved like a brother came into the room along side the man she had fallen in love with 7 years ago.

“Well, well if it isn’t two of my favourite boys out of my top 6,” Jo said with a smile but she was tired, the light wasn’t bothering her as much, but she felt really, really tired, and sore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update loves,