‹ Prequel: My Immortal
Sequel: LifeLine

Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Roxy awoke from a deep sleep, her cell phone ringing, “Hello?” she said not even realizing the number.

“Ms.Aros?” the voice on the other end said.

“Yes,” she rubbed her eyes and felt Matt stir next to her, he opened one eye and watched her talk on the phone.

“This is Nurse McKenzie I’m calling from Harvard Hospital, Ms. Soiman’s doctor has informed me that you are to come down as soon as possible,” the voice was calculated trying not to alert Roxy to any news so she knew it was bad.

Her medical instincts kicked in to ask questions but she also knew she couldn’t ask anything because it would be a waste of time and breath. “Ok, thank you.”

She took a deep breath as she dropped the phone and hugged her knees to herself, “What’s going on?” Matt asked waking up fully.

“I have to go,” Roxy said into her knees, more to herself then to Matt she didn’t want to go anywhere, she liked it, thinking, no making herself think that Jo was ok, she was partying not in a hospital hooked up to some machines.

“What’s going on?” Matt asked again, rubbing her back.

“It’s Jo,” Roxy said, realizing she had been lying to everyone at the same time.

“Is she done partying and ready to come get James?” Matt asked, knowing that it had all been a lie, it wasn’t obvious but he knew Jo better then that, knew she would not do something like that, not to James.

“She’s not partying,” Roxy snapped her head up, pushing her hair out of her face. “She’s been at Harvard hospital for the past 6 months, receiving chemo therapy for the cancer that had spread from her liver into her body.”

It felt like she was talking about a case no emotions or anything along those lines, just dull aches. She was talking to her interns about what was going on. Not about her best friend across the country from her.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Matt wasn’t mad, he was upset but he couldn’t stay mad there are things he would keep from Roxy if the boys asked him too.

“Because she didn’t want anyone to worry, she didn’t want a repeat of 6 years ago, oh god I can’t believe it’s been 6 years since the accident, I can’t believe it’s been 9 years since we just went through this with her mom. I don’t want to believe anything that is going on right now, I just want to sleep and make everything ok, just want to wake up and everything is a dream.” She sobbed for the first time in years.

Matt just grabbed her and cradled her as he rocked her back and forth, trying to think of something to say but coming up with nothing, there was nothing he could say to her to make everything better. Because he knew that things might not get better, he could almost laugh thinking that Jo would smack Roxy upside the head and tell her to man up. It wasn’t the end of the world.

Roxy cried for a bit more then decided it was time to let everyone know, she got Matt on the phone calling everyone over, even though it was 2am everyone needed to come over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update.
Hugs and Kisses.
IS