Sequel: Keep You
Status: Complete

My Number One Fan

Alt ending 3

The Monday after the funeral, Jeff was walking through the backstage area of Monday night RAW. He was told that a special episode was taking place in Greensboro, and that he was to attend it with Kylie. He found the locker room used for promos and walked in just as Randy Orton and John Cena was finishing a shot. The cameraman left the room as John and Randy walked up to Jeff.

“Hey man, how you doing?” Orton asked Jeff, giving him a one armed hug.

“Pretty good man, finally able to sleep in the bed again.” Jeff replied as a cry came from Kylie. “Well, when I can sleep that is.” he added with a chuckle as he lifted the baby from the car seat.

“She’ll grow out of that,” John said as Randy took the baby from Jeff’s arms. His experience with kids showed right away, and Jeff knew she was in good hands with Orton.

“So, what’s with the special episode?” He asked, looking around the locker room.

“They didn’t tell you details?” John asked, confused. Jeff shook his head as a manager walked into the room.

“Mr. Hardy, we need you and the baby down in the ring now,” he said before quickly running from the room. Jeff took Kylie back, confused, and walked down to the ring. He was handed a microphone, and left standing in the middle of the ring.

“So, I have no idea why I’m here to be honest. I thought I’d be at home right now washing bottles or something,” Jeff said. Before he could say anything else, Vince McMahon’s music started playing. He, along with his wife Linda, and their son Shane and daughter Stephanie walked out of the backstage area.

“Jeff, the reason you’re here, is because this is a special episode of Monday Night RAW. As all of you know, Jeff, along with everyone in the WWE Universe, suffered a great loss with the sudden passing of Riley Hardy. Tonight is dedicated to her, and to you Jeff.”

“You know, I’m honored, I really am, but you didn’t have to do this.”

“Yes, we did.” Stephanie said as Paul, her husband, walked out the entrance ramp. “Riley was more than a Diva to this company, she was a friend to many, and a source of inspiration in more. Everyone decided, we wanted to hold a memorial for her on the show.” Jeff felt tears well up in his eyes as superstars, divas, and crew members walked out from the backstage area. Matt quickly jumped into the ring, Shane and Shannon right behind him.

“We helped them set it up,” Matt said, away from the microphone so only the people in the ring could hear. “We wanted the fans to get to say goodbye.” Jeff nodded, showing his understanding as Lillian Garcia walked into the ring, microphone in hand. Music started playing, and it was Riley’s favorite version of the song Amazing Grace. It was performed by an old-time gospel group known as The Statler Brothers.

Jeff looked around and noticed many fans holding signs that read R.I.P. Riley Hardy. Even a few had the signature foREVer on the sign, probably showing they were fellow Avenged Sevenfold fans. He saw his father, Riley’s aunt Mary and uncle Paul, Mandy with Jason, Christy holding Christian, and Julie was sitting in the front row. Gilbert nodded at his youngest son, showing support.

“We will now take a moment of silence,” Lillian said after she finished singing. Jeff closed his eyes as the time keeper rang the bell periodically. He sniffled and looked up toward the sky, then back down to his daughter.

“I appreciate this very much,” he said after the minute was over. And, I guess this would be as good a time as any to announce that, due to this tragedy, I’m officially retiring from professional wrestling for good. I need to be at home with my daughter, making sure she really does know what an amazing woman her mother really was. I’ve said this before, however, and I’ll say it again. This isn’t a goodbye, this is a see you later. I don’t know when that may be, but I know, you will see me again in the future.”

He nodded and started to leave the ring. He was stopped multiple times by people on the ramp, but when he drew level with Phil, he went on defense.

“I’m just wanting to say how sorry I am over her loss Jeff.” Phil said. “And I’m sorry for everything I did to her and to you during our feud. I went way too far with it, and I apologize.” Phil looked down at Kylie, who was know sleeping in her father’s arms. “Take care of that little girl Jeffrey,” Phil stated.

“Nothing can keep me from bringing her up right,” Jeff replied. Phil nodded and clasped Jeff’s shoulder. Jeff made it to the stage, and turned back around to look at Matt, who was standing on the turnbuckle. Jeff lifted his hand in a Hardy gun, pointing it up toward the sky and Riley. Matt understood what his brother was saying right away, so he answered him by pointing up, and throwing both a V1 and a Hardy gun up. Jeff smiled and nodded, walking through the curtain for the last time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~5 Years Later~
“Dada, c’mon,” five year old Kylie tugged on her father’s hand. Jeff laughed and picked her up around her waist, spinning her around until she squealed with laughter. Jeff stopped when he looked at the headstone just a few feet from where they were standing. Jeff put Kylie down on her feet and grabbed her hand, leading her toward the stone.

“That’s mama?” Kylie asked her father, sticking her almost clean fingers into her mouth.

“Yeah baby, that’s Mama,” Jeff answered her with a sigh. He looked over the headstone, his eyes following the carving of the name and words engraved into the marble. “Riley Michelle Hardy, loving wife, mother, daughter, sister, niece, friend. Joining her mother and living with the angels, foREVer.”

“Why can’t I remember her?” Kylie asked, looking up at her father with sad green eyes.

“Because, when Mama went up to heaven was the day you were born,” Jeff replied. He kneeled down to the girl’s height and grabbed her hands. “You know she loved you very much though right?” Kylie nodded, letting her head fall on Jeff’s. “She’s always with you Kylie, even if you can’t see her, you’ll always be able to feel her.”

“How?”

“She’ll be right here,” he whispered, pointing his finger to Kylie’s heart. She placed her hand over the spot, happiness and excitement in her eyes.

“Then she’ll stay there forever,” she said, wrapping her arms around her father’s neck. He picked her up as her head laid on his shoulder. Jeff let his hand swipe over the headstone one last time before turning and taking Kylie back to the car. He realized she had fallen asleep by the time they pulled up to the house, so he took her straight to her room and put her to bed. In the living room, he sat on the couch, watching the video of his and Riley’s wedding. He remembered how close they were to putting it off because of the house fire, but how Riley was set on keeping it the date they chose because of an unknown reason. He remembered the sparkle the unshed tears made in her eyes after he said his vows to her, and when they walked down the aisle as husband and wife. It was the happiest day, right next to the day Kylie was born.

“One life ends, another begins,” he sighed as the video switched from the wedding to Riley messing with the camera. She wanted to do a shot close to the Seize the Day music video where Matt and Val was acting what they were, a happy couple. The difference between the videos were, however, was that Riley really was pregnant and Val was wearing a body suit under her clothing.

Jeff smiled as the him on the video ran his hand over Riley’s big belly, and when he jumped as he felt the baby kick his hand.

“She’s just saying hello Daddy,” Riley had said with a giggle. Jeff smiled and turned the tape off, wiping at his wet eyes. He still wasn’t over losing her, not even after five years, but in those five years, he learned he could survive on his own.

“She’s starting to realize you’re gone,” Jeff said out loud, hoping Riley could hear him. “She’s a strong girl, just like you were.” He stopped and looked toward the ceiling. “She’s going to miss you, and so am I. You were, and forever will be, my number one fan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short and corny ending. Plus the special episode wasn't what I really had originally, but there's the last chapter. It's officially done. =[ but oh well.
thank you for making this my best story, even if people just started reading with the alternate endings. It still means a lot. Thank you.
ShadowsFiction, I'm sorry for all the times I made you cry. Hopefully in the future I can write something that won't toy with your emotions the way this one did. Well, at least not as badly as this one. ;)
So, this is officially finito.