Broken Dolls Asylum

Stick A Fork In Me, I'm Done. Seriously.

Val and Mona weren’t too far ahead of us, as I ran as quickly as I could towards them, leaving Ozzie who was calmly walking behind. I immediately reached up to them, grabbing onto their sleeves and hiding my face on Val’s coat. She looked down at me and patted my head, as Mona hooked her arm around mine without saying a word.

I took out the phone from my pocket as it the light brightly shun notifying me of a new message. I clicked on it as Alfie’s number popped up, along with a text: ‘Here is Cole’s number honey-bun. :D You owe me a kiss-kiss!! 675-3218.’

“I won.” I knew Mona and Val didn’t know what I was talking about but they simply nodded, as my eyes watered a bit in realization I had cheated on Cole and I didn’t feel guilty at all.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

It had been a long time since I had heard Cole’s voice. I could barely even bring myself to type in the number as I stepped back slowly, trying to bring myself further behind the guys who sped up ahead.

I placed the phone up to my ear and closed my eyes as it rang slowly. I could almost picture his face; his lips grazing my own. Finally, his voice made it all too clear. “Hello?”

I couldn’t manage to speak. A lump stuck in my throat as I coughed a small ‘hi’, praying to God he would recognize my voice.

“Freddie?” His voice sounded amazed, but not happy.

“Hey... Cole.” I took a deep breath in. “Um... what’s up?”
Probably not the smartest thing to say after months of not seeing each other, but that was all I got.

“What’s up? For real Freddie? What’s up is that I’m busting my ass looking for you. Erica has everyone searching up and down for a runaway who’s apparently my girlfriend! Are you freakin’ kidding me? Why would you run away?” He hollered.

“Are you fucking serious?! Why wouldn’t I? Do you know what she’s trying to do to me?! She went to fucking asylum to get me out and sell me like a fucking whore! Why shouldn’t I have run?!” I yelled back, making Val, Mona and Ozzie turn back to look at me. “If you’ve turned into one of her pawns then fuck off Cole.”

“Hon... Look I’m sorry...” He paused. “I’ve just been under pressure lately and it’s been driving me insane not knowing where you are.”

I scoffed. “Meaning that having me locked in that damn place was consoling you? You never came to visit me once as I rot in there.”

“Look... I wanted to but-, “

“But?! But seriously?! You’re my fucking boyfriend dammit. I know for a fact Erica didn’t tie you up and impede you from walking what—thirty damn steps to HDA!” I hadn’t called him for this reason, but I was still holding too much grudge to get to the point.

“Look… I love you and I would do anything for you, you know that right? I was just trying to protect you. If Erika knew I went to visit you she would try to separate us completely.” His voice got lower. “I love you, Freddie. So, so, much it hurts. You don’t understand how much I’ve missed you. Every day I remind myself of the carnival day. Remember?”

I glanced down, watching the leaves scurry by and the grass. “Yeah… look I just wanted to hear your voice. Voice heard. I’m going now okay?”

“Wait-,” He stopped. “Where are you? I can go pick you up.”

I considered it for a second. Then I remembered Erika. “I love you.” I hung up, placing the phone back in my pocket and shrugging my shoulders up. The guys had stopped, obviously taking interest in the yelling and hollering I had going on. Val and Mona walked towards me, as Ozzie kept his distance, gazing at me. Mona wrapped an arm around my shoulders, rubbing my arm with the other as we started to walk slowly towards where we were headed.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Mona asked for the 124th time. My answered remained the same as the 1st damn time.

“No.” I muttered, rolling my eyes. “No, I don’t want to talk about it, I’m good thanks.”

“But-”

“No buts! I’m fine!” I grinned, almost a bit too enthusiastically. I probably looked creepy. “See?”

Val looked at me, raising an eyebrow. “Stop smiling it looks like you’re in pain…”

I frowned. “Ugh look you guys, what happened back there is to never been spoken off again ‘kay?”

“At least tell us who Cole is!!” Mona whined, pouting her bottom lip.

I groaned. “He’s my…” My eyes flickered towards Ozzie for a brief second as our eyes connected. “My boyfriend.”

Mona gasped a bit too strongly as Val shook her head. I sighed, passing a hand through my hair, and turning my head upwards, in no need to hurry and look at their faces.

“Boyfriend? How come we had never heard of your boyfriend?” Mona spoke out, slightly turning towards Ozzie who was now walking away from us. “Shit… Val?”

“Sure. I’ll get him…” Val yawned, quickly pacing behind him.

“It’s just…” I leaned down and picked up a small stick which I bend back and forth. “It’s just… Cole was there… you know? When something happened, he was there. I mean, I always had Alfie of course, but Al is more like a spoiled big brother that loves to play boob poke… Cole was more of the… calm kind of guy.”

“What do you mean?” Mona sat down, as I sat next to her in the snow, patting the top of my head. “I mean, I know what you mean by ‘he was there’ since that’s the way I fell in love with Val, but what do you mean? How’d you guys even…?”

“Erika.” I scoffed. “He was Erika’s friend for a long time. I knew him since childhood but we never really hung out until I was part of Erika’s… group.”
“And you guys just… well…”

I laughed a little, shrugging one of my shoulders. “It actually happened kind of quickly. It was my… third time getting drunk and high on Mary Jane, but my first doing those with him. It was only him and me and the room and one chat led to another… we made out. Then the dirty.”

Mona wiggled her eyebrows, nudging my arm. “You go girl! Was it at least any good?”

“Don’t know… I can’t remember most of it.” I grinned. “But from what I can, I wasn’t left disappointed.”

She shoved me again and laughed.

“Anyway! After that night, we pretty much didn’t speak to each other for a couple of days. Then he confronted me, telling me that he can’t stop thinking about me. I told him that if it was because of the sex, I wasn’t interested. But he actually said he couldn’t stop thinking about me ever since he met me. And, long story short, he asked me out. I fell in love with him… all I know is that I fell in love with him because he knew me better than anyone. Inside, outside, with clothes, without clothes…”

“I see… do you still love him?” Mona asked as I cocked my head to the side.

“I-”

“PIECE OF SHITE!” A strong British accent emitted next to the trees, coming from the road as we ran behind the bushes, hoping to God that it wasn’t one of Erika’s minions. “Ugh, I can’t believe this… you son of a bitch car I swear.”

We stood up, as I bend my head to the side, trying to look to who was screaming at apparently their car. It was too dark to see their faces, but I could hear their voice perfectly. As far as I knew, it was no one associated with Erika; at least no one that I have ever met. Plus, she isn’t too big on making new friends.

I stood up as Mona tugged on my jeans, urging me to sit down while placing a finger on her lips. I shook my head, signaling her to wait with my hands as I slowly crept towards the road, carefully hiding myself in the dark. The person kept yelling at their car, finally opening the hood and checking what was wrong. I squinted my eyes, keeping behind a tree as the person turned their head so I could clearly see who they were.

She was tall, masculine, and wearing very high, green heels. Along with that, her hair was red, curled, and wildly spread amongst her broad back and shoulders. She wore a dark green dress that exposed tan legs and thighs, as well as a thin pink sweater that covered up her arms. What she was currently screaming at was a very nice wine colored Range Rover. I stepped forward to get a better view, twigs cracking under my foot as she snapped her head towards where I was, squinting her eyes.

“Is there anyone there? I have a gun in my purse, and I’m not afraid to use it!” She hollered out, walking over towards the door of her car. I sighed and stepped completely forward, letting the headlights hit me so she could have a good look at what she was about to shoot. She turned, eyes widening as I raised my hands, bending my head down.

“Sorry! My friends and I were taking a night hike through the woods and we accidentally got lost. We were worried about strangers so I got scared and hid behind the tree. Sorry if I scared you, but I really am nothing to worry about. Just a lost kid with lost friends.” I quickly jabbered on, smiling awkwardly as she slumped her shoulders and smiled calmly.

“No need to worry sugar. You and your friends want a ride? I’m on my way to Oakland. You know… just as soon as I fix this bloody shit.” She kicked the wheel of the Range Rover, growling. Mona, Val, and Ozzie came out from behind the trees, staying close to me as I walked towards the open hood and peaked in.

“I can help. I’m good with fixing vehicles.” I shrugged, turning towards the guys who followed behind me like little ducks.

“Really? Oh God, you’re an angel sent from heaven darlin’!” The woman walked over, grabbed my face, and kissed my cheek as she backed away to let me work. I pushed my sleeves up, taking a look at the motor. I quickly checked for gas leaks, lack of spark, lack of compression and bad fuel mix. I sighed and pushed myself up, rolling my eyes.

“You’re out of oil. If you’re engine hadn’t given out and you had kept going your engine would’ve rubbed metal against metal and it would’ve lit on fire. You got lucky. Do you have any so I can quickly put some in?” I smiled, as she nodded.

“In the trunk of the car.” She muttered, running back, taking it out and bringing it towards me. I poured some in, checking it once again and closing the hood back down. “You’re a lifesaver!”

“No problem. We owe you for taking us to the city.” I grinned, looking back, my eyes connecting with Ozzie’s for a second as he quickly looked away. He finally hated me.

“Well you chaps get in the car. Oh, by the way, sorry I didn’t myself.” She extended and arm towards me, shaking my hand. “My name is Dina Nigel, nice to meet you!”

My mouth hung open. “Dina? Are you Six’s, well, Stewart’s cousin by any chance?”

She placed a finger to her bottom lip and grinned. “Wow, lucky huh? You kids are the ones Stewy called me about to stay at my place hm? I am that Dina at your service. We should get going. According to Stewy, you guys don’t have time to play.”

I smiled. “Luck is on our side.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Hai.
*hides in closet and cries*
I'M SO SORRY.
I totally got lost in the story, and I didn't know how to go on! But I did! At the very least I continued.
I'm truly truly sorry though.
I can't believe how long it has been since my last update but I promise it will not take me again that long. I will do all I can do update as much as I can.
I just can't promise it weekly. >.<
I'm sorry guys, but you know how school and life is. It keeps me busy with other shit and I get lost in everything. D:
You know I love this story and how much I love you guys for reading it.
So I will do all I can to continue it and stop disappointing. >.< I probably have disappointed a bunch of you already, so I'm really sorry about that.
But this is the new chapter! :D
I hope you guys like it.
I did my darnest. >.<
OH!
And yes, Cole will come into the story later. :D As my head follows along.
So anyway, I'll see you guys later!
Please, comment and subscribe! :3 I love how I got readers after this long. *hugs*

I love you guise,
Izzie, a walking fail.