Status: Since school has started back I don't get much time to write. New chapter is coming though I promise.

You Rock My World, Kid!

Falling for him?

"One second......Jada bad timing much? Sorry I'll be right there in five minutes promise, okay bye." Turning back to Emery who still had that fear of rejection look on his face.
"Where was we?" I asked as if I didn't know.
"Oh, I don't know I just confessed my feelings to you, and asked you out" Emery had a cute grin on his face, knowing I was playing dumb. "Oh, yes I remember now, I was just about to tell you my answer wasn't I?" Replying back to him in a smart ass way.

"So, what's your answer?" He asked trying to hide his worried, shaken voice. I couldn't believe what was going on. My crush sitting in front of me, asking me out, I really had to be dreaming. "Yeah, I'll go out with you tonight." Trying to hide my fluttering butterflies I smiled at him. He stared at me, for a second or two before he realized what I had said.

Well I had better go, before Jada calls me again, so umm oh here’s my cell number." I took my pen out of my bag, and wrote my number on the palm of his hand. I noticed while I was writing it he was staring at me. "Thanks, so I'll call you later and give you heads up on our plans for tonight." You could seriously get lost in his ocean blue eyes.

As I started to walk away I turned back, to see him walking right behind me.
"What are you following me now?" Joking around finally starting feel comfortable around him.

"Maybe." he replied while laughing. “I have to go to the parking lot as well, so I figured I'd walk with you." He has one amazing smile, I thought to myself slowing down, so he can catch up.
"That's fine I like having company." As we got closer to my car, We heard Jada screaming. “Sounds like she was on the phone with the jerk we called Ryan.” I really disliked him, greatly.
"Oh no not again“ I sighed. I began to run down the parking lot.
"Oh no what? Not what again?" yelled Emery trying to catch up with me.
"Yeah! Whatever it's over!"

When I finally reached my car I saw Jada throw her phone into the seat. Jada’s make-up was smeared, you can tell she had been crying.
"Let me guess you, and Ryan broke up again?" This had happened a lot over the past month.
"He just don't understand me, nor does he want to." Jada looked around me and noticed Emery standing there behind me. “Seems like your love life is picking up.” Jada smirked. I could tell me face was turning bright red. “Shut up!” I whispered hoping Emery didn’t hear.
All the sudden Emery grabbed me hand. “Can I have a word with you?” he asked as he pulled me away. Now my face was hot, and redder then ever. “Hey, I’ve got an idea to help Jada out, I mean with that dude she is dating, he is a loser. I got a friend I could fix her up with. His name is Skylar.
I’ll text you later with the details. Make sure she comes to the club with you tonight though okay?” I was changing to take his idea all in. “Yeah, that sounds great! She needs a change, I’ll make sure she is there. No problem.” My heart was pounding out of my chest. Wow he really is amazing. “This will be fun, I got to run though. I’ll see you tonight.” He kissed me gently on the cheek and ran up the parking lot to his truck.

I didn’t know what to think of it all. Emery asking me out, even wanting to help my best friend out.
Could this afternoon get any better? I walked back over to Jada ever so calmly hoping Emery wouldn’t see us flip out over the kiss he gave me, and think we was total girls.
“Well missy, you and I have a date tonight.” I smiled at Jada as we got in my car.
“Whoa, what? I’m confused rewind and explain please.” Jada looked at me in a confused daze.
“Emery thinks your boy- I mean ex is a lame loser, and has a date lined up for you tonight, for when we go to the new club in town. So we need to figure out what we’re going to wear.” We watched Emery pull out of the parking lot, and we soon followed. “So, he is setting me up with one of his friends?” You could tell Jada was totally stoked. “Correct.” I replied. “Now we head home, get ready while we wait for Emery to text me and tell us where to meet.”
“Great, I can’t wait.” Jada just stared off out the window. I knew she was excited, but I knew Ryan was still on her mind.
“Hey I know what will cheer you up.” I pulled into the local ice-cream shop. “Lets grab a quick shake, it’ll make you feel better. Forget Ryan, Emery is right he is a loser.
We walked in and ordered our favorite cookies and cream shake. We walked outside and sat on the hood of my car, we had some time to kill.

“Can I ask you something Jada?” I was in a serious state of mind. “Yeah, sure shoot.” Jada replied trying to get me to crack a smile. “Why did you keep going back to Ryan, knowing nothing with his would change?”
“I don’t know to be perfectly honest. I was hoping he would change. He just didn’t take anything seriously, everything is one big joke to him, but that’s the past and I want him off my mind. What better way, then my bestie treating me to a shake, and hooking me up with one of her future boyfriend’s friend.” She had a huge smile on her face, nudging me with her shoulder.
“Future boyfriend? Ha yeah only in my dreams.” I jumped off the car.
“Come on we better head home, we got to start getting ready. You know it takes us forever.”
It’s true it did take us forever to get ready to go anywhere, we always fought over the mirror in the bathroom. Roommates aren’t perfect. Oh. Did I mention Jada and I lived together. Jada’s mom had some issues she didn’t to work out, and currently doesn’t have a job. So she signed over all rights to my mother, so it’s just us three girls in the house. It’s like one big slumber party half the time. We wouldn’t change it though, it’s been like this since elementary school.
“True.” Jada replied getting into the car too.

We headed home, and started getting ready. I had my phone close by awaiting Emery’s text.
I couldn’t get him off my mind since he kissed me in the parking lot. I mean it was no big deal, just a little kiss, and I didn’t know if it even meant anything. As I put on my make-up my phone begins to ring. My heart starts pounding, seeing his name on the screen sent chills down my spine.
“Hello?” I answered as if I didn’t know who it was. “Hey!! Thought I’d call instead of just sending a text. Plus I wanted to hear your voice. I smiled, he was so cute.
“So are you ladies ready?” I could hear a guy in the background my guess it was Skylar.
“Yeah, we was just waiting on you two.” I was totally lying, we both was still putting our make-up on.

“Alright then we’ll meet and the club in ten then?” His voice had me and a daze thinking about that kiss again.
“Uh yeah we’ll see you in ten.” I replied bringing myself back down to earth.
“Can’t wait, bye.” He hung up. Seem to be in a rush. I don’t blame him. I couldn’t wait to see him face to face again.
“So, yeah we have to hurry. The guys want to meet in front on the club in ten. Since neither of us are completely ready we have to go at the speed of light.”
Jada agreed, and we both ran off to the bathroom, to use the mirror.

My mother worked nights so Jada, and I came and went as we pleased.
As long as we stayed out of trouble, and was home by morning before she came home
She didn’t mind. She knew we could be trusted, and gave us our freedom.

We finally got ready, with five minutes to get to the club.
We raced to my car, and sped off leaving a trail of dust.
Could you tell I was in a hurry? Yeah, I didn’t think it was that noticeable either.

We got there in three minutes flat. The guys wasn’t even there yet, so we have a bit of time to fix our hair and make-up. After all we wanted to look our best.

“Well hello gorgeous ladies.” I knew right away it was Emery.
I turned, around and wow, what I knock out. Emery looked amazing.
He really cleaned up nice. “Hey handsome.” I replied while continue to drool.
“This is my bud Skylar.” Emery winked my way, and turned to face Jada.
“Hey, I’m uhh what he said.” Skylar was so totally falling all over Jada.
I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact Skylar was not taking his eyes off my friend.

Emery, grabbed my hand and pulled me away.
“Sorry, but they need some time to get to know one another, and we need some more
One-on-one time as well.” Emery has a smile to kill for.
I couldn’t believe that tonight I was his date, and by the look of it Jada was pretty ecstatic herself.

I had so much racing through my mind.
-If he was going to kiss me again.
-Was this going to turn into something serious?-
-Was Jada right about the whole future boyfriend thing?

While I was questioning myself, I noticed Emery staring at me.
“What do I have something on my face?” I asked wiping the side of me face.
“No, no your perfect.” His eyes shined.
I smiled, and looked at the ground. He in front of me was my grade school crush,
My potential future boyfriend, this amazing knock out of a guy.
“Well let go inside, I heard there is suppose to be a band playing.” He took my hand, and with that we all walked into the club. It was a dark place, candles everywhere, neon lights complimenting the black lights over the tables. It was a place I could get use to.

We walked toward a booth near the stage. We sat down still hand in hand. I know I couldn’t shake the smile I had on my face. I watched the band set up on stage. The band performing was ‘Xero’, I heard they was pretty good. I brought my eyes back to Emery who was staring at me yet again.
“Okay, seriously I have to know what your staring at?” I questioned, thinking the worse.
“Your knock out green eyes, I’ve never seen that shade of green before, and your blonde hair is amazing minus the time it’s in your face.” Even this guy’s smirk was cute.

The band came on stage and introduced the members, and such.
The first song they played had amazing bass.
Emery pulled me to the dance floor, and we jumped around like a couple of little kids. I noticed Jada, and Skylar was having fun acting like idiots with us.

We danced awhile, until me legs hurt. Emery and I sat back at the booth, and watching Jada and Skylar continue to dance. Emery got me and cherry coke, how he knew it was my favorite I’ll never know.
“So, Emery can I ask you something, It’s been on my mind all afternoon.” I put my straw in my drink. “Yeah, anything.” He handed me a napkin.
“What made you decide to kiss me today?” I looked into his ocean blue eyes.
He moved a strain of blonde hair out of my eyes, he looked deep into my eyes. It was like he was reading my soul. Gave me chills all over again.
“I just couldn’t help it, to be honest I didn’t think twice about it. I just went for it.” He laughed.
He put his arm around me, and we continued to talk.

Meanwhile Jada and Skylar danced for an hour. They walked over to the bar, and he bought her a drink. Which you could tell impressed her. Ryan never did that sort of thing. He was always using her money. A grade ‘a’ jerk if you ask me.
Skylar took her by the hand, and they walked outside. I imagine after a hour of dancing they was hot. Before walking out the door, Jada shot a smile my way, I knew then Ryan was completely off her mind.

“I think you did I good job with hooking our friends up.” I pointed toward the door. “Yeah, I agree. Skylar was dating these really horrible girls who was all pretty much sluts. Then today I saw that Jada, and her ‘jerk’ as you call him wasn’t going to work and the idea just kind of hit me”
“Your brilliant.” I let a giggle slip.

At that moment Emery leaned over and our eyes met, then it hit me he was going to kiss me.
My heart pounding, my mind racing. Out lips touched, and time stopped. Everything around us didn’t matter. It didn’t exist.
“Come on, lets go.” Emery and I slipped out of the booth.
“Where are we going?” I asked. Knowing I’d follow him anywhere at this point.
I was falling head over heels for this guy.
“Let’s go to the lake, it’s quiet. I want to get away from everything.” He kissed me again.
We started to head for his truck when I remembered I better go give Jada the keys.
“Hold on I need to give Jada the keys, so her and Skylar have a way home.” I ran off to the car where they sat on the hood.
“Hey, Jada! Here are the keys.” She already knew the drill. She gave me a wink and took the keys. “I’ll see you back at home later.”
I ran back to Emery, and we got into his truck and headed for the lake. It was on a back road hardly used during this time of year. The moon was radiant, and full. I stared out the window for awhile, while I listened to Emery sing softly, still holding my hand. He was so warm, he held my hand tightly, like he was afraid I was vanish.

We pulled up to the lake, you could hear the crickets. The moon sparkled off the lake’s clear water. Emery pulled and blanket out from under his seat. We sat down, and took in our surroundings. Though nothing was on my mind, but the gorgeous boy with his arms tightly around me. He looked at me deeply, and kissed me once more. I was melting at this point.
“Stay with me…” He said with a shaky voice.
“What?” I had to force it out, I had a knot in my throat.
“Stay with me, here, now, stay with me tonight.” I could tell he was as serious as he has ever been.
“Yeah, okay I’ll stay.” I replied getting as close to him as possible.
I kissed his warm cheek, he was a little shaky. Maybe he was nervous, and a bit shy of asking.
We laid down, and I put my head on his chest. I listened to the steadiness of his heartbeat.
He covered me with his jacket. He kissed me again, and I realized then I was falling for him. Hard.
Noticing he felt the same about me….
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the longest Chapter by far. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone. I know I promised this chapter a month ago, but I do have a life and I hubby who I love greatly!! Forgive me. Tell me what you think. =)