Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Twelve

Lauren spun her head around to face her younger sister "A journalist??"

Skylar nodded, tears shone in her eyes "They asked how he was, what I thought about being the whole accident being planned and..." She stopped, biting her lip once again.

"What?"

Her voice a whisper Skye answered "They know about Daisie."

Lauren felt her shoulders slump as though her world had come crashing down.

She grabbed her keys off the table in front of the couch and jumped to her feet "I have to warn them at work."

*

Too late.

As Lauren and Skye pulled into the hospital car park the first thing they noticed were the paparazzi and reporters hanging round by the enterence.

The two girks pulled their hoods up and grasped hands - ready to face the outside and not wanting to lose each other.

"Lauren!"
"Nurse Armstrong!"
"Skylar!"


Flashes of light from the cameras went off like lightening as the two battled towards the door.

"Will Synyster walk again?"
"Is it true he has no memory?"
"Will he be able to perform in the bands sold out world tour?"
"Is the accident suspicous?"
"Is Brian the new Daisie Lauren!?"


This stopped Lauren in her tracks, her face going paler and paler by the second.

Her body shook.

"C'mon," Skye said, squeezing her sister's hand is reassurance. "Are you okay?"

Lauren nodded, not wanting to open her mouth in case she threw up.

Once the nurses station came into view Lauren found herself storming up to Carla.

"What the fuck is going on?!" She heard herself say.

Carla looked shocked but quickly managed to compose herself "I see you've met our campers outside."

Ignoring her boss' comments Lauren found herself shouting "How did they know about Daisie??"

Carla placed her hand on Lauren's upper arm "No one here chick."

Lauren shook herself out of Carla's grasp and ran to Brian's room.

*

"I am so sorry Lauren."

The comment took her by surprise and suddenly all her words were lost.

"I..." She stopped and frowned, she had been going to his room to warn him, what did he have to be sorry about? "What for?"

He sighed, rubbing his weary face with his right hand "For bringing you into all this shit. It's all my fault for being here in the first place."

Sitting herself down at the end of his bed she patted his right leg in reassurance "Don't worry okay?" None of this is your fault - you just concentrate on getting better."

"Thank you Lauren, you're so amazing," he said softly, leaning forward and taking her hand in his. Their eyes met.

After, what felt like, an age of them staring at each other Lauren blinked "Well - I-I'm going to see if anything can be done to keep our new 'friends' away from you or anyone who deals with you."

A smile tugged on his lips "Thank you."

*

"I'm sorry Lauren, there's no way the hospital is able to afford extra security," Carla explained, looking genuinley concerned.

"Well..." Lauren paused, grasping for any solution. "Cant you move them or something? Surely it's bad for the hospital and it's definately bad for Brian's health - he's lay in his room worrying himself sick."

Carla bit her bottom lip "That would require extra security."

"Dammit!" Lauren said under her breath, searching her mind for any ideas - Carla seemingly doing the same.

"I've got it!" Carla suddenyl exclaimed making Lauren jump.

"Well?"

"All we need to do is move Brian to a place they'll never find him!"

"Another hospital?"

Carla shook her head "Too obvious."

Lauren frowned, confused "Where then?"

Her boss raised her eyebrows and looked directly at her. Realization his Lauren immediatley.

Everything suddenly clicked into place.