Battlefield

7. Fallin'

After their date, Loren felt incredibly guilty. He also felt amazing, especially after the mind blowing kiss they shared, but that kept getting marred by the guilt in the pit of his stomach. He made up his mind he was just going to tell Nick he was out. Hopefully he could avoid telling Katy and they could just go on being a couple.

"Hey man," Nick greeted him as he walked into his room.

"I can't do this anymore. It's wrong." Loren started, pacing around the room avoiding eye contact. "And it's not fair to Katy."

"What?" Nick looked up at him shocked. This plan was so fool proof and going so perfectly so far. "Don't tell me you've actually fallen for her."

"What?" Loren stopped and looked at Nick like he was crazy. Though in the back of his mind he knew it was true. "No."

"Yes, you have." Nick scoffed.

"I haven't."

"Then we'll keep on with this until we win." Nick said with authority. "Got it?"

Loren stared down at him. For such a small man, he was intimidating. "Fine."

Katy was still in a bit of a trance as her and Regan walked through the mall, both still gushing over the details of what happened.

"So he just reached over and took it out for you?" Regan asked disbelievingly as Katy nodded with a stupid smile on her face. "Lucky. When I have something in my hair Greg doesn't even tell me. He just goes around laughing and pointing it out to other people so they can laugh about it together." Regan pouted.

"Sorry," Katy laughed.

"Speak of the devil." Regan said, looking forward.

"What?" Katy looked around and saw Loren and Nick. She stopped and pulled Regan back so she was facing her. "How do I look?" She asked frantically.

"Gee," Regan rolled her eyes. "You have a leaf in your hair." Regan joked sarcastically.

Katy lightly hit her and they calmly walked towards the guys. "Hey guys." Regan said without much enthusiasm.

"I love you, too sis." Nick said, picking up on her tone. Katy gave a smile to Loren as he did a little wave in her direction. "Oh my god you guys, go somewhere else and be cute." Regan said.

"We will." Loren grabbed Katy's hand and dragged her off, leaving Regan and Nick to laugh.

"So this bet's finally over in two days." Katy said, once they were alone.

"Yep." Loren nodded.

"You nervous?" Katy asked.

"Naah," Loren shook his head.

"I'm sure you'll be great."

"I'm sure you guys will be too." Loren returned the compliment. "You know, you're my competition. I'm fratenizing with the enemy."

They both stopped. He leaned in and kiss her lightly. "You're kissing the enemy." She said. He kissed her again as she kissed back.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against hers. "I've fallen for the enemy."
♠ ♠ ♠
filler.
(:

comment/subscribe.