Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Seven

Julie smiled as she found Ryan seated at a table near the back of the restaurant. She smiled and waved at him as she entered through the pizza restaurant’s door. He returned the gesture and beckoned her over to the table. He smiled at her as she sat down and he did the same.

“You sure are a good promise keeper,” Julie remarked, grinning at him. He laughed and nodded.

“Yeah, I’ve been told that before.” He said lightheartedly. There was a pause in conversation before Julie spoke up again.

“Did you order already?” she asked. Ryan shook his head.

“Nope, not yet, I wasn’t sure what you wanted.“ he said.

“Oh well I’m not very picky, I’ll have whatever you have,” she said, a soft grin on her face. Ryan scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“Well actually, I-uh wasn’t planning on eating.” He said. She looked at him curiously.

“What do you mean, you did invite me here for lunch?” she said confused. Ryan then pulled out an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to her. Julie looked down at the letter. Her name was on the front of letter in fine cursive print. Julie looked up at Ryan confused, silently asking what the hell was going on.

“This is what I needed to give you. That should explain a few things for you.” Ryan said standing from the booth. “What would you like to eat?” he asked, getting off the topic for a moment.

“Just cheese.” Julie muttered before Ryan walked away to order her food. Julie eagerly opened up the envelope to see the same cursive writing on an old yellow piece of parchment. She read the words that were written on the paper.

Dear Julie,

I hope you know how important it is to me to make sure you’re safe. I would never ever do anything to hurt you or your friends, but in order to do that I have to hurt myself. I can no longer visit you, or talk to you, because I am forbidden. Trust me, if there was any way to avoid isolation, I would go that way, but unfortunately at this time and place, there is no other way. I have to stay away from you in order to keep you safe, because you are more important to me than my own life.

I hope what you saw and experienced last night has not affected your view on me. I am not William, or his followers. I would never try to scare you, or torture you the way he does with his words. I am indeed apart of his group, but not by choice, I assure you. There is a long story behind my joining of the group, but that will have to wait, as I am under much pressure to finish this quickly.

Ryan is a friend that you can trust. Yes, he is vampire, and he also is with the Dandies, but he is one of my best friends and is as loyal as a dog. Ryan is much lower ranked than I am with William, so he will not be watched nearly as well as I will be, so you may contact him whenever you like and ask him questions. He will gladly answer them.

Please limit your outdoor activity after dark, and don’t wear any of my clothes, and make sure to wash them in holy water, that will rid them of the smell completely, and they won’t be able to track you down through my scent. Please don’t worry about me, or come looking for me, because it will only get you into trouble. If I couldn’t stand to let you go because of my own selfish desires, I would tell you to forget me, and pretend that we never met, but I’m afraid that that can no longer be a reality. William wants you, because he knows that I can’t have you, and he won’t stop at anything until he has you. Ryan can’t always be with you, but I have a few other friends around the city that will be looking out for you. You will know them by a “WDC” tattoo on their right wrist. Anyone with that tattoo will happily help you, and if you ever end up having a conversation with one of them, make sure to mention that William is after you. Then there is no doubt they will come to your aid.

Unfortunately, there is not much else I can say. Every two weeks, you should receive a letter from me through Ryan. That is the only way we will be able to keep in contact. Be safe, and keep warm. Chicago’s spring’s can be pretty cold.

With Love,
Brendon


Julie looked up from the letter with unshed tears in her eyes. Brendon couldn’t see her again? Ever? She really was in danger? This was all too much for her. Julie felt sick to her stomach. Both her and Brendon were in danger, and there was nothing she could do to stop it from happening. Small tears started to fall down her face, but weather tears of sadness or tears of anger, she couldn’t tell. If she ever got her hands on William, she would murder him. She would stuff a stake into his throat and rip that pretty little mouth of his right from his head.
Ryan soon came back, and wasn’t surprised to see her upset. Julie looked at Ryan, with her jaw clenched. “You have to take me to him.” Julie demanded, slam her fist onto the table. Ryan chuckled, and Julie didn’t understand how he could find this situation funny.

“Brendon will murder me. And besides, what are you going to do? No offence, but you’re a pathetic human girl that isn’t in very good shape.” Ryan said, with a shrug. Did he just call me fat and pathetic at the same time?

“I will gouge out his eyes with spoons! I-I’ll rip out his fingernails one by one. I’ll-”

“Whoa, whoa girl, I get it. You’ll torture him to no end, but do you really think you’re capable of taking on the strongest vampire in Chicago?” Ryan said skeptically. Julie scowled at him, and fell back into the soft booth with her arms crossed.

“You’re such a pessimist.” She huffed at him, scrunching up her nose in distaste.

“Well you’re a sadist,” Ryan said with a shrug, and Julie opened her mouth in shock.

“I am not!” she exclaimed. And Ryan rolled his eyes.

“Sure you’re not, little miss I’ll-gouge-out-his-eyes-with spoons.” Ryan replied, sticking him tongue out at her while pretending to scratch out his eyes with his hands. Julie laughed at him.

“That is not very attractive,”

“You’re not very attractive.”

“Your butt is not very attractive”

“Your face is not very attractive”

“Douche”

“Bitch”

They both laughed. Julie was grateful for Ryan, that he could make her laugh even when she didn't feel like laughing.

“Mr. Ross I believe this is the start of a beautiful friendship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, by talking about subscribers, I must have jinxed myself, because last chapter, I got diddley skwat. :| Hopefully I'll do better this time. Please comment, subscribe, and love me lots. I mean come on, I'm giving you non-stop chapters for like ten days. Love me, please.

PEACE, LOVE, AND CHEESE PIZZA,
--MAPPIE