Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Sweetie You Had Me

Chapter Six

“Oh Brendon,” William said in a hushed voice as he entered the vampire’s room without knocking. He didn’t have to knock, he was practically royalty. Brendon looked up from the baby grand piano towards William. Brendon wasn’t expecting William so early. It was hardly ten ‘o clock. Hunting usually lasted much longer when William took the new recruits, most of the time they were pretty hungry. “You’ll never guess who I ran into tonight,” William said, smirking ever so lightly. Brendon cocked an eyebrow at William. What was he up to? William never came to see Brendon unless he needed him to do something, or spy on someone.

“Who?” Brendon asked bluntly, and not amused. William raised his eyebrows at Brendon.

“Why so sour, my friend? You’ve been awful sour about things lately. Anything you’d like to talk about?” William asked a malicious smirk plastered onto his face. William knew exactly why Brendon had been sour to him. He wanted to be free of William’s rules and runaway with his little girly friend, but William couldn’t let that happen. If Brendon broke the rules, then all the other vampires could break the rules, and then William would be nothing. He could not, under any circumstances let that happen.

“I’m having trouble finding sweet blood, you know how my meals affect my mood,” Brendon lied, forcing himself not to growl at William.

Ever since Brendon had met Julie, Brendon hated William with a passion, of course he never really liked William, but he couldn't stand him now. He couldn’t explain why, but he did. He wished more than anything that William would crumble under one of Fall Out Boy’s stakes, but that wasn’t going happen as long as William stayed the coward he was. William never fought his own battles; he always had someone fight them for him. William didn’t like to get his hands dirty. That was another reason why Brendon hated working under William, because he was the one who had to do his dirty work. Brendon knew that if he didn’t do what William said, William could turn all of the dandies on him, and he wouldn’t be able to fight all of them off.

He knew all this because it had happened to one of Brendon’s good friends, Adam Siska, the guy who did William’s dirty work before him. He was actually one of the vampires that had to watch Adam be tortured by William’s loyal followers. This was a long time ago though, and no one had dared to defy William since.

Brendon never really liked working for William, and neither did any of his friends, but they were scared into obedience. They had no choice but to obey William’s every command, for if they didn’t, they would end up just like Adam, death by holy water and the blood of a dove. The reason this punishment was so cruel is because the holy water is like acid on a vampire’s skin, but when a vampire drinks holy water, it’s like a festering disease that eats away at the body from the inside out.

The blood of a dove is even more grueling. A dove is the purest, wholesome creature on planet earth. It doesn’t kill, or eat meat; it simply flies around enjoying to world. And a vampire is the most impure of creatures on the planet, so when you corrupt that, it drives the vampire literally insane. The blood is so pure and sweet that a vampire can’t resist it’s taste so over and over again the vampire will drink, unable to control himself from feeding on the luscious blood, despite the fact that the poison is slowly killing them. When the vampire can’t find anymore dove blood, he will go insane, he will inflict pain on himself, and gouge out his own eyes trying to control his need for the blood. He’ll even resort to drinking from himself, which is on of the lowest, most shameful things a vampire can do.

William nodded, “Oh well, perhaps you would like to come out with us net week? We found this scrumptious blood, female adult virgin, to be exact.” William mocked in a slow, arrogant tone. Brendon cringed inside of his mind. He hated it when William talked to him like that. “I think you might actually know this adult female virgin.” William continued, smirking widely. Julie… “I think she had something of yours…” William trailed off, walking over to a blank Brendon. He pulled the black hat literally out of nowhere and placed it on Brendon’s head. “Maybe you recognize it.” He finished, digging his sharp; long vampire fingernails sink into his skin. Brendon took in a sharp breath, biting his lip to the point where blood was nearly flowing out. “Don’t worry my friend, the holy water and dove’s blood shall not be brought out yet, but let this be a warning, if I ever hear of you being near her, the both of you will die in the worst possible way, I assure you.”

______________________________

The next morning, when Julie woke up, in her apartment with a pulse, she sighed in relief. The events of the night before seemed blurry in Julie’s mind and she hadn’t even had much to drink. She prayed that Marissa wouldn’t remember what had happened. Julie hoped that Marissa would think that it was all a dream. Julie definitely didn’t want to remember what had happened. She had one to many near death experiences last night, and she did not want to relive them.

Last night confused her. Those men, those vampires they dressed the same way Brendon did. Brendon wasn’t like them, though. He was sweet and polite, and they were ruthless and sadistic. They loved to see women squirm under their touch. Brendon would never do that to her, would he? Ryan said he was a friend of Brendon’s, and Ryan was awesome. He couldn’t have been a friend of someone who was evil, like William and his dandies, could he?

Julie didn’t want to think about how complicated last night made things, so she decided she would go see Marissa. Julie had brought Marissa back to her place last night because she didn’t know exactly where she lived, and didn’t want to risk being lost at night in the deserted Chicago streets again. Julie walked into her living room to see Marissa still lying on the couch, breathing heavily. Julie figured Marissa was going to have a pretty bad hangover when she woke up, so Julie went to grab her the Asprin bottle and a glass of water. Julie went through her normal morning routine of feeding Macy, eating breakfast, and getting dressed, despite the fact she didn’t have work that day.

Julie ended up without much to do that day, and that was something she didn’t like, because when Julie was bored, she had no other choice then to think, and at that moment she again ended up thinking about what had happened last night. She was so confused, and worried. Did those things know where she lived? Would they come looking for her? Julie was afraid of what would happen to both Marissa and herself. She hoped that everything would be all right, but she could never be sure. She didn’t know what the dandies were capable of.

Thankfully, before Julie could think about it any longer she heard her cell phone rigging from inside her purse. Rushing over, Julie picked up the phone and opened it up, putting it to her ear. “Hello?” She said into the phone.

“Hey, Julie! It’s Ryan!” he said. Julie was able to hear the smile in his voice.

“Hey Ry! How’s it going?” Julie asked, now smiling herself.

“I’m good, how about you?” he asked.

Julie hesitated, “Uh, not bad, not bad.” She said to him.

“Oh well, than maybe this is a bad time…” he trailed off.

“Oh no! It’s fine!” Julie insisted, “What did you need?”

“Oh well, I was just wondering if you wanted to have lunch or something. I kind have something for you.” He said a little nervously. Julie raised an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, sure. Where, when?”

Ryan paused, “Uh, How about the pizza place on Hopkins, right now?” he asked.

“Sure!” Julie said. “See you soon, Ry.”

“Yeah, later Jules.”

Julie closed her phone and stuck it back into her purse before rushing over to the phone to write a note of Missy on one of the sticky notes. She scribbled down the time, and a short message telling her she would be back soon, and stuck the piece of paper on her head before walking out of the apartment with her jacket and purse under her arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who did the, "I got ten subscribers" dance today?!
ME!!! -eep-
I can't believe I have so many, so early on. I know that may not seem like a lot, but to me, it means everything. I've never gotten a star because of subscribers, but if I keep moving along like this, I just might. I'm sooo excited! You guys are awesome. :)

So this gave you a little insight of Brendon's life, and what he's been thinking. I hope you enjoy.
Next chapter will be out tomorrow.
(Comment, subscribe, and be awesome 'til then.)
(still looking for someone to beta read for me. You'd get to see the chapters before everyone else!!)

PEACE, LOVE, & SOBER MORNINGS
--MAPPIE