Fallen Identity

Ch. 31

I didn't tell anyone what was going through my head. If I did, they'd probably think I was betraying them. It was bad enough that I felt like I was betraying myself. Deumos had it all planned out, right before we attacked, I would clear my head enough to let her in, and then I'd just be a watcher of the action and bloodbath that would concur.

The guys made a strategy of pretending to let me surrender and then right before I reached the demons, we would attack. That's Deumos' cue to seize control of my body. It all seemed to make perfect sense in my head but nerves threatened me nonetheless.

Wrapping my arms around my stomach, I found myself gazing into the distance, where I thought Jezebeth and Kage's army would be approaching from.

The crescent moon was set high in the sky and thin clouds passed over making the stars seem non-existent. I closed my right eye, leaving the red vision that was like night vision and infrared mixed together. I could see miles away that Jezebeth was approaching in the midst of fog and shadows, Kage and his gang following silently behind her.

In a matter of seconds, they stood before us, 10 feet away with their menacing appearance threatening us to cross the line.

"So, have you made a decision?" Jezebeth asked, in a stoic tone that suggested she wasn't playing games anymore.

I took a step forward, offering up myself to her and answered in a rushed voice, "I surrender."

"Excellent," she smiled and snapped her fingers. Demons from behind her stepped forward, walking toward me. Just before they grabbed onto me; I let go and felt a dark, cold force rush through my veins as Deumos took over.

My body went limp for a minute, leaving the nearest demon to grab hold of my wrist, but then I felt it, a cruel sneer that could only belong to Deumos come across my face. I could feel her.. controlling me, moving me and I could also feel a deadly power lurking, ready to emerge.

Deumos took total control then, swinging the demon off me easily, like it was a pesky bug. More demons were coming now and she didn't show an ounce of fear and she fought them. The guys looked astonished as it looked like I was beating the crap out of all these guys by myself.

She surprised me by saying out loud, in my voice, "Instead of just standing there, who don't you help?"

What shocked me the most was that the guys didn't even think that I was someone different, that it really was me right now, fighting all these demons, and winning as well.

The only pain I felt was the tremors of my hands and feet punching and kicking at the monstrous creatures.

Jezebeth, Kage, Jackal, and Lennox stood back as their army crumbled before their eyes. They didn't look shocked. Maybe they knew we would be able to defeat their army of weaklings. Then why have the army in the first place?

To weaken us, Deumos said in a casual way. She was right, we were slowly wasting our energy on these loser demons while the real challenge was standing back, watching the action and waiting for their turn at massacre.

So what do we do? I asked her, because she was the only one I could ask at the moment.

I'm not even using my full power and neither are they. I'll be able to take Jezebeth on with little effort, she replied and gave a small laugh that ensured me of her confidence. But she's been locked up in me my whole life and Jezebeth could've gotten a lot stronger and more powerful. Maybe this was a horrible idea...