Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 10

Ricky looked at me with humorous eyes. "Come on, Storm, don't be so harsh. You knew this was going to happen one way or the other." A pang went through me at the use of the name. If he kept using it, there was no telling what was going to happen. I shut down my emotions completely and let my mind take over.

And I had had some suspicion that Ricky would do this, but I guess I was out of touch with my rationality skills. I had to get Jack back, no matter what. As much as I hated Jack, the physiological and emotional damage Ricky could do to him scared me. Ricky had had me wrapped around his finger, but now I could somewhat resist. Jack's will power isn't as strong as mine, so Ricky could draw him in and he'd never be able to get out, brain washing him.

"Don't fucking play with me Ricky, I mean it. Frankly, I'm not in the mood for these types of games, so just take me to Jack," I growled. Did he think that I would just abandon Jack because of my slight hatred and anger towards him? As good as that sounded, I couldn't. I couldn't just let Ricky take Jack and think that he could do that with anybody else that I associated with. He would eventually bully me until I gave in. Luckily, I had a few plans and tricks up my sleeve.

Ricky laughed, saying, "Aren't we a feisty one? You use to love to play these types of games six years ago." His voice suddenly became serious."What happened to you? Why aren't you the Storm I unwillingly left behind?" So much pain was in his voice that it nearly broke the hold that I had on my emotional flood gate. Was he really in that much pain or was this just another one of his mind games?

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "Circumstances changed, I changed. Six years is a long time to go without change." How could I stand here and talk about this with him when Jack was in danger? Sure, normally I'd love to see Jack get hurt, but not by Ricky and K12, and certainly not under any other circumstances even close to these.

He nodded his head, an understanding smile playing at the side of his mouth. It angered me that he could just think that I wouldn't change over six years. Hadn't the thought occurred to him that his mind control over me had worn off over time? Did he think that by him coming back would snap back the facade that he had so easily placed in my mind? How foolish to assume that, even for him.

I reminded myself what was at stake here and got back to business. "You were always one to procrastinate about things like this. Don't you think that you've done it a little bit too long this time?" I questioned. He instantly became his normal self at the reminded of the matter at hand. Could I have persuaded him to bring Jack back if only I hadn't rushed things?

No, I couldn't have. Ricky never went back on something. He believed in going through with things, even if that meant whatever it was ended in disaster. That's part of the reason why we were such an unstoppable team. Long ago, I had felt the same way, action first, questions later.

"I was trying to buy some time for K12 to rough Jack up a bit, but since you're in a rush to see your specious fiance, I'll take you to him." He moved easily past me and headed downstairs. I followed right behind him.

"If anything is broken on Jack, or if I deem him too hurt, I can guarantee you that whoever laid a finger on him will be dead faster than-" He interrupted me before I could finish my sentence.

Ricky's voice instantly commanded authority, reminding me of who he was. "Please, Storm. Anyone knows that if they don't follow my orders that they will die by my hands. And you remember how much I like to discipline wrong do-er's." He chuckled, and led me out of the house and to the street behind me. His car, the dark purple truck I remember from six years ago, was parked on the opposite side of the curb.

The car looked the same. It had the same 24'' rims and dark tint windows. The tires even still had the dice Ricky and I put on them when he first got the truck. We both hoisted ourselves up in to the large vehicle. As soon as my door shut, Ricky locked the doors. I looked over at him with an eyebrow raised. He didn't look at me, but instead turned the heater on low and started the car.

Did he think that I was going to jump out of the car or something? I wouldn't be that stupid, plus, there was no reason to. Ricky was about to take me to Jack, which is where I needed to go. Escaping out of his car before we even got there, before I knew where Jack was, was a pretty stupid thing to do for someone in my position.

An old feeling of comfort tried to settle it's way in my stomach, but I instantly destroyed it. Six years ago, riding in Ricky's truck was something I found enjoyable. We use to drive around, sometimes at night, for no reason. We drove around just to drive around, just to be away from the rest of K12 for some peace and quiet. But right now, under these conditions, I couldn't allow myself to get comfortable. In fact, I probably could never let myself relax in Ricky's car. There's no telling how much jail has changed him. And frankly, I wasn't about to trust someone who could be more fucked up than he already was.

Ricky started to fidget beside me, and I took that as a bad sign. He never squirmed, ever. He was too confident for it. He was the one who made other people feel uncomfortable.

"Soooo," he drawled, wringing his hands on the steering wheel.

What the hell is he doing? The twelve years that I've known Ricky, he's never squirmed, or had to pause to think about what to say. He said what he thought needed to be said and didn't think twice about it. I probably got most of my back talk from him. "See any KKK members recently?"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for such a short chapter, but at least it's an update. everyone should thank forbiddenfruite for leaving a comment that just said, "UPDATE!" thanks to her, it kind of put me in the mood for writing. thanks forbiddenfruite! this chapter is dedicated to you!