Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 2

"Watch your language!" Julie yelled at me. My language wasn't the problem, it was my reaction that was pissing her off. How could they do this to me? No matter what I've done to them, which is nothing compared to what they did to me, how can they make me marry this horrendous boy? They know that Jack and I have been enemies since day one. Did they smoke some of my stashed weed or something?

Jack turned to his parents with begging eyes. "Anyone but her. You know our history, please don't make me marry that bitch." Michael slapped the back of Jack's head, and looked at me.

"Sorry for his behavior, he just found out today as well," he said.

"Due to both of your pasts, us parents thought it a great idea to put you two together. They do say that enemies make the best lovers," Lucy said, giggling a little.

"No offense, Mrs. Daniels, but I think it's best friends make the best lovers. Besides that, I don't think Jack and I can have a normal relationship without us ripping each others throats apart! I'd most likely snuff him with a pillow while he we asleep," I said, leaning on one hip. Jack's eyes followed that movement, as if mesmerized. I rolled my eyes.

"You kids need to get off to your reservations that I made," Julie said. Her smile said to me that if I said anything else that I would regret it later. "We will stay here and entertain the Daniels' while you two go off on your first date! Don't stay out too late, and Rain, keep your cellphone on. I'll be waiting for you to check in." Rick nodded in approval and began to walk the Daniels off to the bar.

Without waiting for Jack to recover, I headed towards the door to my car.

"Wait!" Jack faintly yelled. I got in the car and waited for him t come out of the house. He jumped in the rather roughly, but I didn't say anything, calculating how much of a survival chance I had if I jumped out of the car before letting if roll off a cliff with Jack inside. He slammed the door, I started the car and back out of the drive way in one motion.

Silence engulfed the car the entire ride to my favorite Italian place that I loved to eat at, Carino's. It had snaking cobblestone pathways, giant green shrubbery bushes, and old rotting wood that looked like the building would fall down any minute. All in all, it was my favorite place to escape to when things got out of hand.

I parked in the very back of the parking lot and ignored Jack's protests against it. There were closer spaces than this, but I liked to exercise alot, for some reason, so I always park in the farthest place wherever I go. It's kind of a habit.

We got out of the car and all Jack did was complain. "Jesus fucking Christ, why did my parents pair me up with you. I thought they loved me. Why do they want to torture me like this? God, am I being punished for something?" I had to hold in my laughter. He just said Jesus fucking Christ but thinks God will answer him? What a dumb ass.

Holding in my comments and hysteria's, I led us in to the restaurant. Pete, the manager, came over to me immediately. "You're usual table, Lime?" he asked me. I smiled, shaking my head.

"No, a booth in the corner please. I don't want to be seen," I replied, chuckling. Pete nodded, chuckling himself. He led us to the very back of the restaurant, where parties are held.

"This good enough?"

"Yeah, thanks Pete. Can I have Stefan as a server? He's really nice to me, and plus, he has a nice backside." I whispered the last part about the server. If Jack heard, he'd probably rant through the entire dinner. Pete nodded his accept ion and went off to find Stefan.

Jack scrolled through the menu in silence, thank god. If he would have kept up his absurdities I would have shoved the silverware down his esophagus. Somehow, it wasn't going as bad as I thought it would have. Neither of us have gotten into a verbal altercation, which was good. Pete must have recognized Jack from when we were kids, his wife is the one who taught Kindergarden.

"Is there anything good on this menu?" Jack suddenly asked, snatching me from my thoughts.

I recovered and replied to him, "Everything here is good, but for you I would get the Grilled Italian Sirloin." He nodded at my recommendation, shutting the menu.

Leaning my head back against the seat, I close my eyes and pretend that this is all a dream. But then again, why would I dream about going on a date with my childhood enemy? I should run away and forget all about this, that course of action would be like me. But....but does part of me hope that Jack and I will be able to work out? NOOOO!! What am I thinking? Did I smoke the same thing that my parents did to make me think like that?

Luckily, Stefan came over to our table, wearing what he usually wore, dark wash jeans, converse, wife beater, and his apron. "Hey Rain, what can I g- oh. I see you have someone else with you. Friend or foe?" he snickered.

"Stefan, this is Jack Daniels. Jack this is Stefan," I introduced. "My idiot parents are making me marry him," I added.

"Fuck off," Jack said, staring straight into my eyes.

Stefan was going to correct Jack, but I just waved him off. He could be very protective of me, almost like an older brother. "Well, let me know what that turns out, you have my cell. Anyway, what will you two be having?" Jack recited his order while I just asked for a water.

"Did you ever go out with that dude?" Jack questioned me. When I didn't answer him, he waved his hand in front of my face. "Hey, Rain! You there!? Answer me dammit!" I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him.

"Why do you think you deserve any answers? Look, as much as you don't like this, you can least accept what is happening. Both of our parents seem pretty determined about making us marry each other, so why are you acting like such an asshole?" I yelled at him, banging my fists on the table.

"I have a life, unlike you! A girlfriend that I really like! And-"

"Oh bullshit, you just like her for the sex, and because she's the head cheerleader!" I said, cutting him off. "I have a life, just not one you would understand!"

"Yeah right, get a grip. You don't have a life that I can't understand," he retorted. He didn't remark on the comment before, so I must be right. We stayed silent until the food came. Jack ate hungrily and didn't look at me for the rest of the meal. I drank my water like it was acid and didn't dare sneak a peak at Jack.

Forty-five minutes later Stefan and Pete came around. "Did you like the meal?" Pete asked Jack. I didn't even pay attention his answer I was so pissed off. Stefan kept glancing at me to make sure I didn't lunge across the table to strangle Jack. I mean, really, how would he understand my life even a little bit? His parents are always around, hanging out with him, he's popular, he's a jock. We live total opposite lives, so how can he even begin to comprehend mine?

"Here's the check," Stefan said, waving it in my face, brining me back to the real world and not Rant Land. I barely glanced at the check before digging in to my chain wallet and handing him my golden check card. "Wow, you only bring this card out on special occasions. Is this one of them?"

I snickered and nodded my head. "You can call it that."As soon as Pete and Stefan walked away from the table Jack started to ask me a question that I only heard half of. "Sorry Jack, can you repeat that?"

"I said, how in the fuck do you have a golden credit card? How do you have a credit card at all? My parents told me that when I'm responsible I can have a credit-" I cut him off before he could continue.

"It isn't a credit card, it's a check card, from my checking account. I opened it when I was about 10. Rick and Julie never gave me money for anything and only got me things when I either did something pleasing or begged and bothered them to death. They can't buy everything, so I started making art and selling it online. Well, mostly art anyway," I chortled.

"W-Wow. Well, that doesn't mean that you have to pay for the meal all the time. Next time, I'll pay."

"Dear god, I can't even think about next time."
♠ ♠ ♠
people left comments asking me to update another chapter. :) here it is.