‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

017

The sun was bright and I closed my eyes for the briefest moment only to open them to the sight of a busy intersection right in front of the hospital. What was I supposed to be seeing? Was it a new hallucination that was going to run out and kill me? It couldn't be that because Fame said I would be famous and my name would be on the front cover of the papers.

"Just watch." Fame smiled and adjusted his large sunglasses. I turned my attention back to the intersection. Parade had begun to cry and that feeling in my gut was twisting around to make me anxious as hell.

"This is going to be good." Revenge grinned. He sat in a movie theater chair and ate some popcorn. I shook my head and again looked at the intersection.

"Gerard?" Alex asked, She came up behind me through through the automatic doors.

"Watch." I simply said. She looked at the intersection in confusion. As I watched, I saw a familiar sedan ready to make a left turn. Holy shit. Suddenly it all clicked in and that feeling that was inside me was just a feeling that my hallucinations picked up on.

"Shit..." I mumbled and broke into a sprint across the driveway and down the lawn. "No!" I screamed.

"Gerard!" Alex followed but she could never catch me. The light turned green and the sedan pulled out and began its left turn. Out of nowhere, a red truck flew out of the gas station parking lot and fishtailed left to be directly in front of the sedan. My feet kept moving even when the sound of a T-bone collision was sounded and the sedan was skidded into a telephone poll and even when another car rammed into the red truck. All life stopped at that instant but me. I flew down the bank and down to the road. Parade was screaming for me to hurry and so was Red. There was a reason Red was encouraging me forward. Only one reason.

"Frank!" I screamed. People began to get out of their cars and people were on cellphones. I ran to the little crushed sedan to see two people inside. Frank had been driving so he got rammed into the telephone poll but Jamia got it head on. Her face was matted in blood. I could hear a whining noise from inside the car and I gasped in horror. Frank was still on the gas pedal and this was a standard. "Holy shit..." I tried to open the passenger door to no avail. I guess Alex had gone back to get help. She was going to run out of time. If I didn't save them then they would be scorched alive if not blown to bits! This time I pulled the door as hard as I could.

"Are you crazy?" a man asked. He had gotten out of his car to see the damage that was in front of him. Others stood by looking lost and scared. I turned to him.

"Help me!" It was more of a statement then a question. The man in the red truck wasn't moving but the other car's driver, the one that ran into the truck, got out looking dazed.

"Let the professionals deal with it!" someone else called. I let out a frustrated groan, they didn't understand.

"Hurry Gee!" Parade encouraged.

"Leave her! Save Frank!" Red begged. Revenge was laughing his ass off at the whole situation while Fame took pictures and told me I was a star. I unbuckled Jamia's seatbelt and as carefully as I could, I lifted her unconscious body out. Her heart kept a steady rhythm with her breathing. I guaranty a lot of bones were broken. Her light hair was stuck her her face by blood but I ignored that, I ran for the bus shelter, it was the only cover. I lay her down on the cement ground inside and ran back to the scene. People still stood around. Where were the medics? This time I went to the opposite side of the car, the drivers side, where Frank was. He too had blood on his face. The poll didn't get him straight on but it did pin the door closed. I went back to Jamia's side and dispite the blood and shattered glass fragments on the seat from the window, I crawled over the seat and undid Frank's belt. As gently and quickly as I could I began to drag him out.

"I'm so sorry Frank." I whispered and I bent him at a horrible angle. He was still breathing! I lifted him into my arms and ran for the bus shelter. I was almost there when I felt a wave of heat and heard the most horrifying sound of my existence. The Iero's car went of in flames. The engine had exploded which spread quickly to the red truck. The driver inside was going to be cooked alive or not. The forced wasn't so much to knock me forward but I stumbled in surprise. I turned around with Frank in my arms to get back to the shelter. Jamia lay there unconscious and that's when the ambulances came. About time. Not long after the police and fire department arrived. I sat outside the shelter waiting for them.

Pain shot up my leg as the glass was picked out personally by Alex. I grimaced as another large chunk was removed. The medics had been directed to the bus shelter by the guy who told me to quit saving Jamia and Frank. The police came and questioned witnesses to see who's fault it was, red truck, and eventually came to me to ask how I knew the car's engine would explode. I told them that Frank's car was a standard and that I heard the engine whining from Frank pressing on the gas. When I took Frank off the gas, it was too late, the engine was pushed to its limits because it was very old. The police deemed me a hero and after Jamia an Frank were taken away, reporters came and took my picture. Fame was right. They were all right.

"Ouch!" I yelped as I was snapped from my thoughts by Alex pouring peroxide on my multiple gashes that lined my knees.

"Sorry." she mumbled as she dabbed my knees with cotton. She unrolled some gauze and wrapped it around both of my knees. "All done." she smiled.

"I thought you were a mental doctor?" I said.

"All doctors have to go through med school, we all know this stuff, easy peasey pumpkin peasey pumpkin pie motherfucker." she grinned. She had quoted one of my old quotes and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Can I visit Frank and Jamia now?" I asked sheepishly as if I were a little kid.

"We can go check." she smiled and I hopped off the exam room bed where I had been sitting, and followed her out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now we know, it was a feeling they picked up on :) Hope you all liked it, nice and long :)